the hotel overall is very well located in the center of Ravello. The rooms are nice, you have an amazing view and the people working at the reception are very welcoming.
BUT overall I can't recommend the hotel because:
- the breakfast is a joke, even for Italians who don't eat a lot for breakfast - please bring in more variety, more fresh products and if not on a buffet give a menu with several food options
- the bath room is definitely several years old and should be renewed soon - i expect more for this hotel category
- the corridor to our room looked like in a random youth hostel with storage of old TV's, old read books unorganized etc. - just remove this crap.
- an absolute no go was the checkout from of our room where the hotel basically packed our stuff although when we are not there. We said we are checking out in time before 12 o'clock (we arrived back in the hotel at 11:30 and they packed our luggage next to the reception) - I never felt less welcome in a hotel - if they need the room early they could have asked us
- also not welcoming at all was when they said at the checkin: keep your passport here, when you leave keep the room keys here and we need your car keys - other hotels can handle that more elegant and a) make a copy of the passport immediately for the guest details b) tell guests when they lose the key it costs X EUR and c) explain why they need the car keys
Overall with a lot of small adjustments this hotel could be way better and I really hope for them they are reading this feedback and take that into account.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Parsifal - Ancient convent built back in 1288 by the Augustinian friars and converted into Hotel Parsifal around 1948. 17 rooms with private bath and a central cloister with delightful terraces and gardens overlooking the superb panorama of the Amalfi coastline. Rafael's restaurant and Cloister Bar overlooking the Amalfi coast, offering classical and Mediterranean cuisine with a little touch of creativity. Traditional specialties from the region. Optimal indoor or outdoor seating 60 guest. A three star hotel run by the Mansi family from Ravello. Special winter packages with lodge, board and excursions from November to March. Open all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel Parsifal Antico Convento del 1288 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parsifal Hotel Ravello