Hotel Parsifal Antico Convento del 1288
Hotel Bonadies(Ravello)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$192
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Ristorante Garden(Ravello)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$254
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsformer conventamalfi coasthalf boardour honeymoonrooms are comfortablebreathtaking viewshotel restaurantwonderful hotelmemorable staywould highly recommend this hotelwonderful hospitalitythe busmain piazzawe loved our staymagical placecroissantsleonardo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Antonio, I have struggled for weeks to write a review worthy of your superior service! I wanted it to be perfection as you deserve that! I’m not entirely sure I’ve reached perfection yet, but please know I give you my absolute highest recommendation and would tell anyone to visit your hotel to be surrounded by warm Italian hospitality provided by your family!

After already having the wedding on our dreams on a beautiful terrace overlooking the sparkling deep blue sea in Positano, I thought the day couldn't possibly get any better.....I was completely wrong! We ended the evening hosted by Antonio Mansi at Hotel Parsifal for an intimate candlelit dinner on a terrace with amazing views of the Amalfi Coast and sea. I have come to the definitive conclusion that the Italian translation for "hospitality" is "Antonio" as I've truly never witnessed a more welcoming and hospitable man. He truly made our evening special as it was the perfect ending to our fairytale wedding. When our car arrived at Hotel Parsifal after the ceremony and afternoon of taking pictures in Ravello, Antonio was outside to greet us and help us inside with all of our belongings. He escorted us out onto his beautiful terrace and I honestly was overwhelmed by what Antonio had done for us! He had found a beautiful silver candelabra and gorgeous floral centerpieces. If our wedding ceremony was a dream come true, our dinner hosted by Antonio was the perfect ending to our fairy tale celebration and beginning to happily ever after. Antonio was an exceptional host the entire evening and the service was impeccable--flawless! Antonio, I have 19+ years experience in the hospitality/service industry myself and you blew me away with your genuine and warm demonstration of true Italian hospitality! He also surprised us with a beautiful wedding cake at the end of the evening! I can't possibly recommend Antonio enough and next time we visit the Amalfi Coast, we plan to stay with Antonio and his brothers in Ravello. We truly thank you from the very bottom of our hearts for creating the most magical and memorable evening of our lives! One final note that I shouldn't leave out...I tried to give Antonio a gratuity at the end of the evening for his outstanding service and he politely declined stating in was "his pleasure," but I persisted. He eventually accepted the money and put it into a tin behind the front desk saying, "Okay then...for the children." He was donating the gratuity that he had earned to benefit the children! Antonio, you are truly a man with the greatest desire to create exceptional memories for your guests with a genuine heart of gold to go along with it! Grazie mille!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank floridagirl34210
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We loved our 4 night stay in Ravello at the Hotel Parsifal. The rooms were comfortable, clean, up to date and quiet. Both had lovely views. This is a simple, relaxing place that can not be beat for the price and experience. Antonio and his family run a stellar business with customer needs and interests as top priority. We stayed in several hotels in Italy on this trip and we all agreed that Parsifal was our favorite because it was lovely and beautiful. As a guest you feel appreciated and well cared for. Ravello is an ideal place to stay. I can not recommend Parsifal enough.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony
1  Thank karkeys16
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We had wonderful week in Parsifal. Great location (5 minutes from Ravello's main square, 2 minutes from supermarket) quiet, with spectacular view. Family friendly - we were travelling with our 1,5 year son, who was treated like a little prince :-) First but surely not a last time there...

Reviewed 14 August 2013

After an unplanned and expensive limo ride from Sorrento (see my related review; in retrospect, I would have taken a ferry not SITA bus to Amalfi from Sorrento if possible, then a cab up the hill to Ravello), we were greeted by owner manager Antonio who surprised us with an upgrade to the superior suite: three vaulted rooms of an old convent that were beautifully restored and appointed, for example, with coordinated majolica tiles and lamps, and two air conditioning units. A private terrace with table and lounge chairs overlooks the hills descending to Minori. Make sure to get a room with AC during summer, as it can get very hot in the summer (this from a person who lives in Texas). This hotel is very reasonable in price compared to the far more luxurious ones in town. My only minor suggestion would be to expand the offerings at breakfast, for instance, with a bit more fresh fruit and cakes. Insomma, Sig. Antonio, mille grazie!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Parma
Reviewed 13 August 2013

What more can I say that others have not? The owners and staff are 5 star. We felt like we were the only ones that mattered. No, it's not a top rated hotel that costs $1500 or more a night. Its not trying to be. If one wants that, there are several on the street. I actually preferred the dialed down, casual ambiance. It really felt like authentic Italy, not a posh New York hotel.

To Do- Villas Cimbrone and Rufalo- breathtaking. We saw a concert there and nearly wept.
Eat at Cumpa Cosimo. They serve great family style Italian. Take the bus down to Atrani beach for a swim.

We absolutely loved walking through the hills on small hikes. There are old paths and steps. Ask Antonio. We walked over to La Scala, the town across from Ravello.There was a festival going on.

As far as the food, breakfast is ordinary but with much variety. Who needs a big breakfast anyway? The restaurant is good, some plates better than others. It is certainly a great view and convenient.

The rooms are modest and extremely clean. The AC worked well.

The view? Stunning. It's all you really need.

We look forward to returning next year.

Room Tip: Balcony suite
2  Thank boobot1