“Beautiful beautiful place”
Review of Villa Rigacci

Villa Rigacci
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Reggello
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed at the Villa Rigacci for 4 nights in July 14. We were 2 families with 3 small children between us. After a long & tedious airport/car hire experience at Pisa, we were instantly relieved and delighted on arrival at this gorgeous place. The old house is just wonderful. We stayed in an annexe across the courtyard from the main house. Room & bathroom were absolutely lovely. Perhaps a little musty smelling but I guess the building & furniture is quite old. The landscape surrounding the hotel is stunning - flowers, trees, Tuscan hills. The view from the outdoor dining area is breathtaking. The highlight of the Villa Rigacci is the swimming pool. Best swimming pool we have ever experienced! Our little girl wanted to stay in all day - it has a nice shallower area separated from the main pool. It was quiet during our stay and often we had the pool to ourselves! Plenty of sun loungers and free towels to help yourself to, and a lovely shaded area. We ate several times at the restaurant and enjoyed the food. Perhaps the menu is a little limited in choice. They will provide room service of anything from the menu - helpful for us when the little ones went to bed early. The buffet breakfast is quite yummy and lots of choice. There's a nice little area with swings, mini roundabout and slide and plenty of space to just wander in the gardens, see the 2 horses. It is very peaceful. We did a day trip to Florence by driving to Figline station [huge car park] and it was about 40 mins into Florence. The owner Frederico and all the staff were so kind and helpful during our stay. We were sad to leave Villa Rigacci and would highly recommend it. Hope to come back again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MrsMipster
There are newer reviews for Villa Rigacci

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel is in a superb setting with cheerful and welcoming staff. Florence is easily visited by the excellent train service from Figeline.
My wife and I stayed for 9 nights and would dearly love to return in the future.

Room Tip: You are subject to slight kitchen noises with the rooms above kitchen but only noticed this between...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Staying at The Villa Rigacci for four nights and am glad I chose it. Since this is my first visit to the Tuscany region, I did a lot of research before choosing an hotel as staying in the country dude is not as simple as staying in a city and needs lots of planning. I was glad I chose this place for various reasons. It's a quick 25 minute train ride from Firenze and once at the Figline train station I was picked up by Fredrico the owner of the place and he really indeed felt like meeting an old friend. The hotel is In small tine called Vagio between Figline and Regello town. Once you enter the hotel it is absolutely breathtaking with a 600old Manor with stunning landscapes welcoming and me and my family were really excited . My children were playing in the garden and were petting the two resident horses. No words can describe the beautiful Tuscan landscape and the property of villa rigacci.
The room we had was the suite with an adjoining small room for the kids and the room was quaint with an old charm. The breakfast was hearty but more inclined towards the sweet side with lots of cakes and croissants which I didn't mind as I have a sweet tooth myself. Omlette is available on request and is made from fresh eggs from their own chickens.
Our man Friday was Antonio who was attending to our requests. We had dinner at their restaurant and chef Angelo made fresh dishes which was really light and easy on the stomach and great to taste. The dolce was amazing especially the tiramisu and cheese cake.In the evenings I had cappuccino in their terrace with my biscotti and it was amazing looking into the Tuscan landscape.
My worry before booking the place was not the place itself as I knew will be really good as I Have seen on their reviews but about finding my way in the Tuscan country side and the chianti region as I have never driven in Europe and was apprehensive about it, but my apprehensions were put to rest by Fredrico and he was kind enough to arrange for a car and was great in explaining directions. I am so glad I drove around Tuscany as it was on my bucket list for a long time . The first day we drove to Siena and on the second day to the chianti region Which was breathtaking by itself thru winding Roads and passing by vineyards and olive gardens interlaced with Italian architecture , it was amazing and once in a life time experience.
Villa Rigacci is an ideal base to explore the Chianti region since it is close to Firenze by train and only 20 minute drive to Greve in chianti . This is better than staying right in the heart of Chianti like greve or rada as they can be in accessible if you don't have a vehicle to begin with .
One more thing is that there are no trains between Figline to Firenze between 9 to 12 in the morning so please beware of this before booking your onward train trips from Firenze . With a little bit of planning this can be a great holiday,
There are few places of improvement at villa rigacci but the owners Fredrico and Kirsten's warmth along with their staff overcome all this and we really felt at home. It was indeed a Dolce vita.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank zarookShah
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We found this hotel using Tripadvisor and it was exactly as described. The hotel is a charming old house set in beautiful gardens and retains its old-world atmosphere while at the same time having all the comforts of a modern hotel. The rooms are comfortable and well decorated and bathrooms great. Restaurant also delightful and the owner very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Excellent and perfect place, highly recommended to all. I felt like at home during my state there. Beatiful villa, amazing garden, swimming pool, charming place, even their own Capella. High quality meal very tasty and fresh. Tiramisu my favourite. Very friendly and kind personal. Thank you for giving me home feeling during my stay in Toscana, Regello. Looking forward to come back soon. Milena

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed at the Villa this time for only one night (April), and as always we had an amazing experience. We had our own suite near the main building. The place is very nice, big and clean. The property is beautiful and the team is amazing. The restaurant is fantastic with lovely Tuscany wines. The breakfast is gorgeous as well.
We start to wait for the next visit, hopefully for the summer this time...Arivederci :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Am sat in the villa writing this review. We are staying three nights and sadly we only have one left. This is the last hotel as part of our Tuscan tour and if we had come here first don't think would have left.
Rooms beautiful, food outstanding am thinking of booking a holiday here next year before I leave. Absolute gem.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Fairy U
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reggello
Fattoria degli Usignoli
#4 of 6 in Figline e Incisa Valdarno
Hotel Europa
Hotel Europa
#4 of 12 in Reggello

Been to Villa Rigacci? Share your experiences!