“Everything great except room temperature..”

Holiday Inn Express Reggio Emilia
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Reggio Emilia
Billingham, United Kingdom
“Everything great except room temperature..”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

"-".
Air con in room 403 not remotely effective. Mosquitoes coming in through window so has to be closed. Too warm to sleep, although judging by my colleagues snoring next door he is having no such problems.
No bath tub.

"+"
Location is great, here for a meeting tomorrow morning just down the road.
Fast WiFi.
Really comfy bed.
Very very clean.
Extra shout out for Alex, front desk and barman. Very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. Good dinner recommendation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
inchotelsgroup, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reggio Emilia, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Mooontour,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback on your recent stay!
We are very glad to learn that you found our Hotel comfortable, with easy connections, friendly and welcoming staff, high standard of rooms and beds.
We have shared your comment with my whole team. We are very much grateful for your compliments!
It is our goal to consistently provide customer satisfaction and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from valued guests like yourself, enables us to keep up the good work.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Holiday Inn Express Reggio Emilia.
Best regards
Francesca Tamani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We booked this hotel because it was close to the annual motorcycle event my husband has always wanted to go to..... We both decided that no matter what we would be fine . And this one we knew was near the freeway so we thought it would be pretty shabby but it was near the motorcycle event and it as only for 2 Much to our surprise this was fabulous!!!! Right from the start with a warm helpful desk agent to a great room and get this...... A good Italian restaurant ...With a very helpful waiter....who spoke Italian and English! and The staff would drop everything to make me a cappuccino and they were warm and friendly. The place was immaculate!!!!!!! It is located across from a shopping center with a fantastic grocery storeWe will be back for the motorcycle event next year and you can bet wilt will stay here!!! I'm a frequent Holiday Inn Express stayer for business but this place was a pleasure!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Marlene,
thank you very much for your wonderful comments. I am very pleased that you were so happy with your stay. I will forward your lovely review to the rest of the team.
Mainz, Germany
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Very friendly staff. Very clean! Parkig right infront of hotel. Rooms not too big, but absolutely sufficient. Farely big bathroom with all extras. Quiet. Great breakfast. And all for a fantastic price!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Isabelle M
inchotelsgroup, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reggio Emilia, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Isabelle,

All the best
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Great value for the price, location convenient and city center a 5 minute drive...Very clean, modern and enjoyed the simplistic design and décor...breakfast way beyond what I expected and very well presented and served.
Staff was extremely helpful and attentive, multi lingual, and from breakfast servers to desk personnel Alex and especially Francesca who was terrific and set us up with the local Cheese maker around the roundabout, we are very satisfied and would recommend if you are passing through and need a clean, comfortable night.

Room Tip: high floors nice and quiet...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
inchotelsgroup, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reggio Emilia, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear LarryZona,

Teramo, Italy
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I used this again when travelling South. And I would use it again even though I only rate it as average. really I want to rate it as good but TA doesn't have this rating.

It's very convenient, just a stones throw from the motorway..it is beyond me how anyone struggled to find it!

Clean, good service, reasonable breakfast (which starts very early - a bonus)

Two areas of concern.
I don't recall this last time but the bed has a plastic incontinent sheet on it! Simply makes me boiling hot and feel like I'm in a sauna. I only realised this part way through the night when wondering why I was so hot and struggling to sleep but of course couldn't take it off as my husband was sleeping.

The second thing is the number of dogs. there was a local dog show and I must have encountered a dozen dogs or more. Not sure of this should be a concern or not. There was a little barking below our window as the dogs met one another when doing their nightly business but other than that they didn't disturb us, and I love dogs. However, I have no idea where they would sleep. The floor has carpet and many people might take exception to this.

I'll leave it to readers to decide if this puts them off or not. It wouldn't put me off, and I'd simply remove the plastic sheet.

I wold use it again as stopover which exactly what it's selling itself as.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
inchotelsgroup, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reggio Emilia, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear gillandderek44,
we thank you for spending a few minutes to share your comments related to your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Reggio Emilia.
It is our goal to consistently provide customer satisfaction and your reviews are very important to us. The feedback we receive from valued guests like yourself, enables us to keep up the good work.
We look forward to welcoming you soon again.
Kind regards
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 18 November 2013

It was clean and bed was ok. Good to stay for a night. Price is ok. Make sure you eat before you arrive (if you arrive late) because there are not many restaurants in the neighbourhood. Guests are mainly business people in suits :). We slept well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reggio Emilia, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear JoinAmsterdam,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Riverside, California
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Had a little trouble finding the place, but overall a good quality hotel. Reasonable prices and English speaking, friendly staff. Nice breakfast. Great for overnight stay. Rooms are smaller but it is an express hotel. Good restaurant within walking distance. In a industrial area, but efficient . Close to motorway.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
inchotelsgroup, Direttore at Holiday Inn Express Reggio Emilia, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Jeri F,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay with us.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to be able to welcome you back soon again.

Our best regards