We have just returned from two weeks holiday at this hotel and it’s the best holiday we have had. We were so chilled out it was great. The hotel grounds were beautiful and were well laid out. The food was a vegetarian’s dream, the sweets were to die for. The wine with the evening meals was free and as much as you wanted (red or white). The staff spoke some English but not a great deal, but if you spoke a little Italian they loved it. But all in all a great holiday for us. Best get to this place before it becomes commercialised, and Mc Donald’s gets there. Unfortunately Thomson Holidays are now pulling out of this region after only two years so if you wish to go Ryan Air operates to the local airport.
The staff were all very helpful, and the food was buffet breakfast, even bacon and eggs, as well as the cold selection. Evening meals were buffet and waiter served al la cart. On the beach you got a deck chair and a sun bed for the duration of your stay, but there were plenty of sun lounges around the pool which were more confortable.
We went to Sicily on a trip which was a long day but through some beautiful countryside. Although Sicily was nice and there were some stunning views on the way, it didn't show the true Italy as you were dropped off at Taormina. You were dropped off on the main shopping street with your free time to shop if you could afford to, and then back to the coach. Things there were more expensive and the people more reserved in Sicily. But all in all a great holiday for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Baia del SoleAlong the coast which bridges Tropea to Capo Vaticano, there is a piece of sweet Calabria on the sea: our tourist village will surely surprise you for its care, its greenery and its hospitality. An overall made up by organization, seriousness, structures’ quality, in a pleasant and relaxing living where you can do everything or nothing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Villaggio Club Baia del Sole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villaggio Club Baia Del Sole Hotel Ricadi
- Villaggio Hotel Ricadi
- Villaggio Hotel Baia Del Sole
- Villaggio Club Baia Del Sole Calabria, Italy - Ricadi