This hotel is rather a small resort with rooms scattered all over it. Some of the rooms/apartments are old, some of them reconstructed or new. it seemed like almost nobody was accomodated in those latter ones.
the room we stayed in was clean thanks to the room attendants, but the furniture, windows, door etc. was old. we couldn't really lock the door and even when locked, it would take much effort to open it... It really needs to be renovated. We also met people that paid much lower price and had better room than we did, so I have no idea what is the key to assigning the rooms. also, we paid for a standard tripple room, but got a 2+1.
Many reception staff members did not speak english and when I needed to resolve some problems there was nobody who could talk to me at the moment so it never got resolved.
Other than that the resort was nice, lots of palm trees and other medieranean vegetation, nice private beach under the cliff, good restaurant (nice continental breakfast in the rate and optional dinners which were delicious), nice bar for drinks and a good swimming pool. there was no internet access available on the site. the hotel is about & km from tropea, so if you want to be close to a town with lots of restaurants and other services without having to drive or pay for a shuttle this would not be for you.
I would think twice before staying there again - nice enviroment, but kinda bad rooms and the front desk service.
So, as in the title, there are better choices out htere, and I certainly would look for them next time...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Villaggio Stromboli is immersed in 37.000 squared meters of green terraces overlooking the sea, panoramic and ventilated, it is situated in one of the most beautiful bays that connects Tropea with Capo Vaticano, in a majestic balcony over the Tyrrhenian Sea in front of the ravishing view of the Eolie Islands.The beach is 300mts away from the hotel and is accessible through a private inner road. With an amphitheater form it has a sandy and rocky conformation and equipped with a mini restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Villaggio Stromboli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villaggio Stromboli Hotel
- Hotel Villaggio Stromboli Calabria, Italy - Ricadi