“A good bike week in an excellent hotel”
Review of Hotel Montecarlo

and 1 more site!
Hotel Montecarlo
Ranked #87 of 290 Hotels in Riccione
Oxford, United Kingdom
“A good bike week in an excellent hotel”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here with a group of some 21 people from the UK, with the main purpose of getting out on the bikes and doing some training. Thought I was going top lose some weight, I was sadly mistaken! The food was superb and moreish, and so much to choose from. The rooms are basic, but comfortable. The location is central and convenient. Nothing was too much for Valerio, and the service from the team was superb. Looking forward to coming back next year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This was the first time I / We have been to the Adriatic Coast...we stayed 6 nights from 12/09/2012. The main purpose of the trip was to watch the MotoGP at Misano...Valerio the host could not have been more friendly or more helpful. He even organised the scooter I hired before we arrived, gave me a lift me to pick it up and drop it off and also provided me with a map to help get to where I wanted to be.

The room and bathroom were simple but clean and the balcony gave a nice view of the Adriatic. The buffet breakfast was excellent in fact I'd go as far as saying it was the best continental breakfast I've ever had in terms of quality and quantity.

In short I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and although I've only been back in England a couple of days, I am already planning my next years trip to Riccione / Misano MotoGP and my stay at the Hotel Montecarlo...Thank you Valerio, Donatella and all associated with the hotel....See you next year....Stephen East

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
W.Midlands, UK
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Another excellent holiday at Hotel Monte Carlo Riccione last year (Sept 2011). Me and the wife again - mostly cycling but also some time relaxing on the beach this year. The hotel staff are still the same, providing that excellent level of helpful, useful customer service - eg providing us with an additional meal (part of the cyclist package) - whenever we come back from our days out - whether it be early or late -ie it was meant to be between certain hours (understandable in terms of staffing the kitchens) - but they were able to have food (both hot and cold) ready whenever we came back. It may not be sound much but it was a typical example of how they would put in that extra bit of effort to ensure each of their guests was having a really good holiday - it involved extra time and expense on their part and they could easily not have done it - most other hotels would not have bothered. The food was also better than I remembered from last time and still plenty of it.
The only disappoint we had was that the big waterslide park (Aquafan) had shut for the year - we'll have to check their opening season before our next visit to Riccione and Hotel MonteCarlo.
Thanks again to Valerio, Donatella and all the other staff at the Hotel for another great holiday!
Jim & Glenda

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WorcesterJim
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We travel to Hotel MonteCarlo for cycling training camp's. The reason I keep returning to this hotel is the fantastic hospitality and friendly staff.
The hotel is very clean and well presented and located seconds from the beautiful beach, restaurants and shopping of Riccione.
Valerio and his staff make you feel like family the moment you walk through their door. Traditional Italian hospitality in a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
W.Midlands, UK
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Stayed here (me & wife) for a week's cycling holiday in end May/ early June 2010 for a week. The initial contact was very friendly but as the price was good, we weren't expecting all that much and would have been quite pleased to have got 'average'. We have stayed in the Cessanatico & Riccione area at 2 other hotels over the last five years so have a reasonable idea on expectations. This hotel was ~2/3 the price of those that we have previously stayed at - nothing to do with the current downturn- that was comparing prices for the same week this year.
Anyway, I'll start with the 'bad': The food was ok, plenty of it, nothing wrong with it, just not anything special, save maybe for the Saturday ~gala night. The rooms are fine, though there can be some traffic noise at night - our previous hotels were down sidestreets. So the ‘bad’ was not really that 'bad'.
Now for the good: from the moment we arrived, to the moment that we said goodbye as they helped us carry our luggage to the airport check-in queue - the initial friendliness and helpfulness was there.
Arriving ~10pm the first night (a Sunday for us), of course the restaurant was closed, so they gave us a voucher for a nearby pizza place. We were provided a bike guide all week for just me and the wife, all included in the price –perhaps because the other hotel bike guides were leading superfit German groups that we couldn’t have kept up with, or understood! We hoped to go to the water park, Aqua fan, mid-week for a rest and so were delighted to be given 2 tickets free by the hotel manager (normally 25 euros each!), they also gave us bus tickets, drove me to the bike shop across town when I had forgotten my pedal on the first day, kept a special lunch for us after we were delayed one day and got back at 5pm, arranged for us to be able to use the showers in the evening after checking out on the last day at 10 am but with a ~10pm flight. I am sure there was more examples, but I cannot remember them now, just loads of helpful bits here and there.
Each day they made certain that we had a great holiday, and we absolutely did. We will be going back again next year. Well done to all the hotel staff you gave us a great holiday.
Special thanks to Max the bike guide, Donatella the receptionist and Valerio the Hotel Owner/Manager/Driver /Whatever needed doing man!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple