“What a great experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Sorriso

Hotel Sorriso
Ranked #56 of 290 Hotels in Riccione
Phoenix, AZ
“What a great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

This place is built on customer service. I was there for the World Masters Championships for water polo. Andrea and family made me feel like home. You should definitely eat some meals in the restaurant. Andrea's Mother cooks the food and there is plenty of it and absolutely delicious. The location is right by the beach. I can't say enough great things about this place and the friendly service. This family goes above and beyond. Thank you! If you go to Riccione, stay here.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

Just because Hotel Sorriso's prices are discounted, does not mean their services are discounted. I was here recently to watch the World Masters Water Polo in Riccione, and the entire 9 days that I stayed here had be a blast. This little hotel is located perfectly next to the beach... about a 50 meter walk. To start off with, Andrea and his family are extremely helpful and goes out of their way just to help you. Andrea made many great recommendations for activities and restaurants in the local area, he even got us a discount at the local Restaurant/Pizzeria, I believe the name is Lele or something like that. We we're too lazy to walk 100 meters to the minimart to buy wine/booze, Andrea sells a delicious local Red wine for about 3 euros. You can't beat those prices anywhere. Let's talk about food.
Their breakfast is a traditional continental breakfast... fruits,cereal,yogurt etc... but if you wish, you could ask Andrea's brother, Alex... he'll ask his mother too cook you eggs/ham or whatever you wish.
LUNCH on the other hand is something one should not miss. It is a three course meal. You start off with a salad, and then you have a choice for your 1st entre, either a Seafood dish or a Meat Dish, Followed by a 2nd entre, same choices again, either a Seafood or a Meat dish, (1st and 2nd entres are 2 different types of food and not the same) But if the choices are hard to choose between Meat or Seafood, DO NOT WORRY. Alex usually goes around the table offering seconds, and you usually will have a chance to try more of the same food or have a chance at trying the other plate that you didn't choose. The price for lunch is about 15 Euros.... but there is a catch, the more you eat there, the cheaper it is. I ate there for lunch all 9 days, and Andrea knocked off about 3-4 euros each meal... saved me a bunch of money that I used for delicious wine. Their dinner service is pretty much the same style, but I usually ate at the local stores.
When I was getting ready to check out, we had to catch an early train. Andrea took time from his busy schedule to drive me and a friend to the train station (about 6km away). This type of service is unheard of in Europe and expected at 5 star hotels.

The rooms are bit small, but comfortable. American travelers please don't come here expecting "AMERICA." This hotel is a great, home away from home. Close to everything... shopping... dance club/beaches. The great part about Riccione is that it is centrally located to EVERYTHING. Just ask Andrea, he will set you up with a good tour or two.

I've really enjoyed my time here at Hotel Sorriso and will very much so return and stay here again, when the time is right for me to revisit Riccione.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Thang V
sorrisoriccione, Proprietario at Hotel Sorriso, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Thankyou for your review, it was a pleasure have you and your group as gusets... and I'm glad you have enjoyed our cuisine, our hotels and the city of Riccione which is almost unknown outside of Europe, even if is an inexpensive and funy place, close to all major Italian cities, 1/4 hrs from Florence, Venice, Bologna, Urbino, Ravenna, Verona, Rome ...
I hope to meet you and your friends again.
Andrea
Brookline, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

It is a really nice place to stay in Riccione. Andrea and his brother know what means service. Before I arrived, they sent me email with exact directions how to arrive to their hotel. And those were great.
The room is basic, but it is clean and bed is comfortable.
I was really surprised by the food. Breakfast is very basic, but go to the local market and buy some ham and cheese and get back to the hotel for the rest.

But LUNCH,

GOOD HOME Italian cooking. Every day is great food.

I hesitated on the 5 stars, because of the internet (yes in the lobby, not in the rooms), but when you are on vacations, you need
great location
great service

who cares about internet ;-)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ivandean
thankyou very much for your review, we are not used to have american guests in our hotel, so your suggestions are very important for us.
Our breakfast is a tipical Italian one, but we are planning to improve the service for the foreign guests.
Actually the wi-fi works only in the lobby and in the first floor's rooms, but I think for the next year, the whole hotel will be covered by the service.
I know that we are very far, but we would be happy to have you again in the future as our guest.
Greetings from Italy
Modena
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

Hotel Sorriso provides extremely affordable accommodation in simple, fully equipped, clean and comfortable surroundings. Family run, with Mamma in the kitchen and sons Andrea and Alessandro at front of house, Sorriso offers friendly and efficient hospitality. My friends and I stayed for a long weekend with the full board option and were impressed by the menus offered, high standard of cooking and generous portions . The hotel is conveniently positioned right in front of the beach and I would definitely recommend it for a value for money stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Puccinichick
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2011

I have been there for the weekend. The guy from the hotel picked us up from the airport (it is a small distance, but the taxi charge a lot, so we saved money:) He was also helpful to choose the the best place to visit in Riccione.
The hotel is in front of the beach. Our room had a big balcony with view of the sea.
The room and the bathroom were very clean and cozy!
There was TV LED but without international channels.
I can highly recommend this hotel and would like to come back there in a summer time:)

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple