“Great hotel for cyclists”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Dory

Hotel Dory
Ranked #5 of 290 Hotels in Riccione
Dublin, Ireland
“Great hotel for cyclists”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I went on an organised trip in May and I was very impressed with every aspect. We stayed in the D hotel which has bigger and more modern rooms which are basically self contained apartments. Very comfortable, clean and quite. Food was unbelievable both from quality and range. Cycling excursions where very well planned and the guides were great. Watch for those Italian drivers, they can get impatient. Location is just 1 block from the beach which is clean and quite in May. Will be back.

• Stayed May 2014
Hotel_Dory_Riccione, Proprietario at Hotel Dory, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
I am very glad that you enjoyed the services of Dory, in particular all that we offer for fans of bike (as I am). The Dory is supplying a lot of cyclists proposals: the most attractive routes for bike racing, every year new emotions, new challenges, a proven team with10 guides, expert, trained, ... close to you, a full program of events in Tuscany, Umbria and Marche, the program "Bikeness" for "bicycle tourists" outputs culinary and cultural road bike, Hybrid, E-Bike and MTB, an internal mechanical everyday, 7 out of 7 available, the largest rental center "Scott" racing bike with more than 100 bicycles and much more.
You should consult the website of the hotel to find new proposals and ideas for your cycling holiday!
Thank you so much for your wonderful review by me and all the Dory’s staff!
Stefano Giuliodori

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Finnish first
Reykjavik, Iceland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We just came from our holiday and – although we were happy in many ways – there are certain points that I would like to point out regarding our stay at Hotel Dory.

The internet is bad in the apartments, much worse than in the hotel itself (at least in the lobby). It stalls and is very unreliable. The internet nowadays is a major issue when taking a holiday for many people. If free internet is advertised, it should be reliable and fast. I had to wait for a technician to check on the internet for 1 hour, who never came. He arrived two days later to check on this, after I had repeatedly discussed this with the staff. I don’t see myself as an ever-complaining individual, actually, I have never experienced anything like this before. I got answers such as: Oh, you’ve got an Apple computer – these computers need a special program in order to get on the internet. And then I didn’t get in contact with the technician until the third day! This was very aggravating and had a major influence on our holiday.
When I needed to call the reception, it never answered. I called “9” repeatedly and over a period of several days. I discussed this with the staff – which was always friendly – but the only thing they did was lifting the receiver, listening to it, saying: “There is a dial tone, so it should be OK”. Which is was not. This resulted in me going back and forth to discuss things with the staff instead of being able to connect with them over the phone.
The towel rack radiator in the bathroom is cold, although plugged. Therefore – useless. When I asked about this I got the casual reply that “it’s never connected during the summertime, as you just dry things by setting them out on the balcony drying rack”. During the 3 days when it rained cats and dogs, it was pretty difficult to get anything dry. I would strongly encourage the hotel to spare some electricity for the ovens, you know, since they’re there to begin with.
Otherwise, we were happy with our stay. We won’t be coming back to Dory though, which struck us as sad, especially since our friends recommended the hotel highly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hotel_Dory_Riccione, Proprietario at Hotel Dory, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
I am very sorry that our mails with apologies and explanations were not enough for you. I perfectly understand your complain about the wifi. I know how is important to have a good connection. In the past years i did put a lot of energy in increasing the power and the solution to offer a very good, speed and free connection to all our guests. The Dory’s technical provider, Luca, answered to us (you received his mail)and did explain the reason of the delay and also the job he did for your connection. On July 23, we reported the problem to our technical. We apologize that he intervened only 2 days after and also explained the reason. On July 25 intervened and found this situation: 93 customers were properly connected toInternet, at the same time 51 were connected properly. You had 3 tools: iPad, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. iPad and MacBook Pro were connected correctly, but not MacBook Pro. The problem was due to a bad configuration of your computer. The technician at our expense reconfigured it and then it worked like everyone else. We have done a lot more than what we had to do and we do not deserve such a negative review. Moreover, none of us said “Oh, you’ve got an Apple computer – these computers need a special program in order to get on the internet”, perhaps you've misunderstood or we explained bad. We do everything to really find solutions as in this case, but we could not make more and were not required to do.
I can’t apologize regarding the radiators. In your country you turn on the heaters in the summer? This is bizarre! This is not to save energy, just in Riccione summer is very hot and it is not our custom to keep the heaters turned on, but the air conditioning!
I am very sorry that you had not a good holiday and I apologize again that our technician (at our expense) arrived late (our only fault).

Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

My 2nd stay at the Dory was like a family reunion. Many of the people I met last year were there again. I made many more friends this trip. I had the pleasure of riding two full weeks & doing the Nove Colli on their newest bike the Scott Solace. It has a great ride, handles smooth in turns and climbs well. The hotel management & staff are all superb as is the food. I kept using small plates for my food so I did not get fat while there. You would never know that everyone working there doe's this week after week, as the smiling happy attitudes never go away. I should be there again next year to see the Giro & ride the nove colli again for the 6th time. Hope to see you too!

PS I used their pick up & drop off service for the airport last trip. Really liked that as it reduced some of the stress in traveling.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jeff a
Hotel_Dory_Riccione, Proprietario at Hotel Dory, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Ciao Jeff and tank for your so nice review !!!!
It’s wonderful that our guests feel like family when they are at the Dory (that is a big family).
I am particularly pleased with your comments about our Bike Hotel’s services and special for our racing rental bike, so happy you did choose our new Scott Solace, really a very good bike, we will definitely buy some more next year  . We provide all that is necessary for the lovers of this wonderful sport and we always are happy to share this passion with our guests. We look forward to see you and all yours and our cycling friends next year! I agree it is so nice to see each other every year, like a big family and this is the best part of my work. So see you in 2015 for your 7th Nove Colli, and we hope to welcome the Giro d’Italia again and again every years..
Thank you so much for your review by the Dory’s staff! Special from Bartolo, Andrea, Drelli and all the cycling guides

Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hotel Dory lived up to everything we read on the internet - and we're not cyclists! We traveled with our two sons aged 8 and 10 and my husband's Italian parents (Nonno and Nonna - aged 70-80). The staff could not have been more friendly. Andrea the barman was eager to speak English to us despite our fluent Italian and we enjoyed a fabulous and complimentary spread of appetizers and drinks in the lobby / balcony bar area on our arrival night. In the restaurant, Filomena and Nicoletta were our faithful servers who ALWAYS had a smile for us and were super helpful with the kids and whatever else we needed. Check-in was a breeze - very organized and professional. Rooms were cleaned daily by friendly staff. Saved the best for last - the kids activities. The Kids Club staff were that perfect age where they were old enough to be responsible, but young enough to get right in there and play foosball or ping pong with the kids (which we did daily - this was the after lunch entertainment and treat as the adults had espresso while kids had fun in the game area). The pirate sailboat trip was a fantastic way to start off the week and get some great photos (they even made up the kids to look like pirates!). We also had a ball attending the roller skating evening on Monday night (totally free within walking distance of the hotel - had such fun, we went back later in the week on our own!). We were disappointed that the trip to Casa Vecciano country house was cancelled due to rain the week we were there. Alas, we'll have to return to experience that! Meals were almost always a plentiful buffet and wide variety of healthy options, including freshly made pasta, many types of fresh fish, carving stations, and a 60th anniversary cake for the hotel. We walked right across the street to the "Bagni 93/94" which was very easy and had all the amenities of the Italian Riviera (note: if you've been there, you know what I mean, but don't expect Caribbean open spaces here - it is packed with vacationers and gets even more packed as we head into July / August. That said, the water is comfortably shallow with lifeguards and generally no worries about safety). Bagni also has a great supply of rafts and beach toys to lend, so you can take advantage of them without lugging them back and forth to the hotel or home. There were plenty of shops and cafes right outside the hotel and we were within easy walking distance of many attractions. Lastly, the pool - while the pool deck was small (room for not more than 6-8 adults), the water features provided endless entertainment for the kids - 6 different fountains, jets, and bubble makers which they loved. The pool was on the smaller side (as they all are in downtown Riccione), but we had lots of fun with it and also enjoyed the adjacent indoor hot tub area (especially on the day it rained!). Kids liked making bread with Nutella at the afternoon snack time in the kids club and the free t-shirt and travel goody bag at check-out were the icing on the cake. I highly recommend this hotel for a classic family vacation, Italian style!

Room Tip: The mini-apartment was a few blocks away from the main hotel. If you can handle a short walk, it is...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Spikkio
Romagna style :-)!
I have no words to describe the joy that the Dory’s staff and I tried to read your wonderful review. We are really happy to have made such a great experience for you. We look forward to hosting you again with your wonderful family. Thank you so much from all of us!

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had a fantastic week cycling with Bartolo as our guide, excellent food, brilliant staff, I would definitely recommend the Dory if you are keen road bike cyclists you will have the time of your life.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
A great place for great people :-)
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. As Bike Hotel, we are particularly pleased to be appreciated for the services that we offer to cyclists. Thank you from all the staff (and from Bartolo!), come back soon in Riccione! In the hotel website you can always find offers, ideas and itineraries for your holidays cycling in Romagna.
Thank you very much!

Tampere
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've been several times in Dory and they continue to meet and even exceed my expectations. The food and service is excellent and very friendly. I liked airport transportation service and the cycling trip to see Giro stage at Carpegna. The barbeque on Cippo hills was excellent. The hotel rooms are clean and cosy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Ciao Seppo
you have exceeded our expectations with this wonderful review!
We had a really unforgettable day when we saw the Giro climbing the Cippo- Monte Carpegna, the stage in honour of Marco Pantani. Also had wonderful time with Drelli, Bartolo, Andrea and the Grill, the wine, the atmosphere waiting the professional. Did you see all the picture in our DoryBike Riccione facebook page?

Thank you from all the staff !

Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

First impressions were outstanding. Everything about the hotel was wonderful. We had one of the dory suites which was spacious with a kitchenette & sunny terrace .The food was incredible and after a great days biking together there was some choice stories I can tell you.!The bike was top notch & I wanted to take it home my skills had improved so much. We are looking forward to a return visit sooner rather than later.
Hats off to all the staff as without their great attention to detail it could not run so smoothly .
Thanks guys & see you soon

Room Tip: Dory suites are quiet, spacious & if you like to make yourself tea etc they have small kitchenet...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
And we look forward to welcoming you as soon as possible! It 's wonderful that all our commitment and our passion is rewarded with nice reviews like this! We are glad that you enjoyed this cycling holiday in Romagna. In the Dory Hotel website you always can find offers and ideas for your cycling holiday in Riccione!
Thank you from all the staff and ... see you soon ;-)