“Relaxing, small hotel”

Hotel Select Suites & Spa
Ranked #13 of 290 Hotels in Riccione
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I spent there 4 nights with my friends and fully enjoyed the hospitality and excellent food in the hotel. Room (N° 37) was small, but clean and nice with a tiny balcony and a view on the sea if you bent to the left, on Sunday late afternoon hotel offered all their guests some finger food and drinks, which was a lovely surprise!

The only downside is the noise from the streets around, otherwise you will enjoy you stay :)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AQ514
Write a ReviewReviews (1,268)

Reviewed 19 May 2012

I booked the Hotel Select for a long-planned trip to Riccione, based on the reviews here. And I'm not sorry I did! What a wonderful hotel. I stayed for 5 nights in Room 42. The hotel was still being renovated while I was there although it was almost finished by the time I left. The room was quite small but it was spotlessly clean, as was the entire hotel. The bed was extremely comfortable with nice bed linen. There was free wi-fi which was excellent, and the bathroom although small was lovely with a great shower. The room had a great view of the sea which was obscured by the scaffolding while I was there... but the scaffolding will be gone by now!

The staff were absolutely fantastic...they really could not do enough for you. The restaurant staff were especially good. I stayed half-board in a "Venere" room which included breakfast, dinner, water, coffee and wine with meals and coffee at the bar. The food was of a better standard than most restaurants...it was a buffet and you could eat as much as you wanted! The reception staff were also great...when I was leaving the hotel I asked them if they could phone me a taxi and they gave me a lift to the airport in their free hotel minibus.

The hotel has a beautiful Spa which I used during my stay. It has a swimming pool, sauna, turkish bath, salt cave and a relaxation area with fruit, tea and juice. I was in the Spa for nearly three hours and it was a lovely experience.

I would not hesitate to stay at the Hotel Select again. When I left the scaffolding was being taken down and the hotel was starting to look really beautiful. The minibus driver asked me if I was coming back in the Summer and I really wish I was! The town of Riccione is beautiful as well and I really did not want to leave. I can't wait to go back to this lovely hotel and beautiful Riccione.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank coralie_m
Reviewed 15 October 2011

We stayed for 3 days at Hotel select in early October and selected the hotel by reading previous reviews and researching prices. Excellent service was given by all the staff and owners whilst we were there and they could not be faulted. The hotel was fairly quiet as it was end of season.

The hotel is excellent in terms of its location, only 5 minutes walk from the beach, restaurants and shops and bars and a large supermarket.the public transport (tram/ bus) stops outside and will take you to either Rimini or Cathollica or to nearby mainline train stations for further trips . This transport is frequent and cheap at 9 euro for a 3 day pass.

Overall the hotel is an excellent choice for a short break or a longer holiday and I would not hesitate to go back again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dalglish_lfc
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Hotel overall is a good choice. Reception and restaurant staff are very friendly. Will recommend dining at the Hotel to anyone for a lavish buffet with value for money.Our only bad comment is regarding the charge to use the indoor heated pool.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Davmic054
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Having chosen this hotel based on previous tripadvisor reviews, it certainly lived up to our expectations. The food was excellent, especially the buffet dinner, which we chose to have most nights, simply because it was so good (especially the hot pasta dishes) with the menu changing each evening. All of the reception, restaurant and bar staff were very friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome, with a surprise card and bottle of champagne on my daughter's birthday. The hotel spa looked beautiful, however, we didn't use it as treatments were expensive, even compared to London spa prices. Riccione itself is a lovely Italian seaside holiday resort (we didn't encounter a single British tourist in 11 days!) with plenty of shopping to tempt you. All in all, we had a great stay at Hotel Select and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Venere rooms include wine at dinner, drinks from the room minibar & teas/coffees from the lounge...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank webs123456
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This was our second time at Hotel Select and again the stay was great!.
The hotel, the room, the food, the swimming pool,the sea and beach and not to forget the staff were great. It all gives you a feeling that you are welcome and there is nothing to complain about. In case we are returning to Riccione we definitely stay at Hotel SELECT again, no doubt about!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank dutch1964
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We spent 10 days at this hotel as our first overseas holiday with children (aged 5 and 3). We had seen other hotels on a tour operators website but the Trip Advisor ratings were not good and then stumbled upon this hotel via Trip Advisor. Decided to trust the ratings and reviews and we were extremely glad to have done so.

Highlights and lowlights are listed below, but in general it is a small, family run friendly hotel with modern decor. We went for an "Olympo" deal which included drinks and a slightly larger room and this was just perfect for us - drinks on the beach can be expensive so we found we popped back to the hotel to cool down and have a drink. We came away not wanting to return home and certainly wanted to go back - this is the first time we've said we wanted to go back to the same resort and hotel!

Highlights for us were:
- friendliness and helpfulness off the staff: we decided, after local recommendation, to go to a local theme park - Oltremare - and as soon as we mentioned that to the staff, tickets had been arranged and the hotel owner was giving us a lift there! Nothing was ever too much trouble.
- quality and variety of the food: we went half board
- location: not right on the beach front, but just 50 yard walk to the promenade and the hotels beach section - www.zona60.it - and a short amble from the main shopping area
- resort: very clean, lots of facilities, ice cream like nowhere else!
- lots of Italians on holiday - really felt like we were in a foreign country rather than holidaying with a load of other Brits!

Only two lowlights (and they are very small issues one of which is particular to us):
- Kids club: the English of the childrens entertainers was not great, but to be honest we hadn't particularly planned on using the kids club anyway and they certainly tried - often coming over to invite our children on evening excursions etc. which we took up on a couple of occations. There was certainly a lot going on - and the children got to eat separately if they wanted to (ours didn't) - but we just wanted to play together on the beach as a family.
- Swimming pool: This is particular to us in that my wife is allergic to the chlorine in most swimming pools, and the pool doesn't have a shallow end which made it difficult given the ages of our children and their swimming abilities (I had to have one of them in the pool at a time). Having said that, after a few days on the beach they were both a lot more confident at swimming so it because less of an issue - and it wasn't a huge issue anyway because there's a large amount of sea to swim in!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family