“Excellent holiday.”

Hotel Select Suites & Spa
Ranked #16 of 291 Hotels in Riccione
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was our second stay in this hotel and we were very satisfied. The personal was still friendly and very professional. The food was delicious and the spa was so relaxing. We are looking forward to come back next year! Perfect...... Thank You......

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Petr T

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We are looking forward to come back next year!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We decided to stay in Riccione as it was recommended by my sister and brother in law as was Hotel Select, and we were very glad we did. We spend 7 nights at the hotel, and chose half board which also included wine and water with our evening meal. We had travelled by plane and then train and was very grateful for the free cab that the hotel sent to pick us up from the station. Check in was quick and we were shown to our room, which was adequate for a couple, with plenty of wardrobe space and a bathroom with a shower. (One negative, the showers were either freezing cold or boiling hot, you could never get the temperature just right) The balcony was on the small side but we had a side sea view.

The day we arrived in Riccione they were celebrating The Notte Rosa, which is a festival to celebrate the beginning of the summer, everywhere is decorated in pink, and the hotel had laid on a lovely pink buffet with complimentary pink prosecco on their roof top bar which I thought was a lovely touch.

The food in the hotel was excellent, very well cooked and presented, I always looked forward to it and was never disappointed. There is only a small selection of wines you get with your half board package and it was not to my taste but we did discover a sparkling white wine that was quite nice which we ordered most nights and was not charged any additional fee.

The pool area is small and can get quite crowded, and the swimming pool is extremely warm, not what you want when it is 30 degrees, because of this we opted for the beach, which is literally opposite.

The hotel also has a good supply of bikes which you can borrow free of charge and it is a really good way to visit the adjoining towns.

Overall this was a very well run family hotel and I would definitely consider going back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EssexRagdolly
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I unfortunately booked it through Expedia which meant that I had to pay at the time of booking, which I will never do again! I travelled alone and therefore booked a room for one person for one week. I booked the hotel after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor but I think they must refer to a different hotel!

The room was small, dark and gloomy and looked as though it was last decorated in the 1970s. The 70s bathroom had an old stained bath with a temperamental shower inside the bath.

The "safe" was highly visible and appeared to be attached by glue as it definitely was not secured by screws. It was so tiny that I could not fit any valuables in it and nor did I feel that it was secure, so I had to carry my valuables with me.

I had expected at least a balcony and I had requested a sea view at the time of booking. Instead, the window was small and my view was into other people's rooms! It was the most depressing room for a woman on her own, for an entire week!

I spoke to Olga at reception and expressed my displeasure and showed her my email requesting a sea view. Her reply was as I had booked a "single room", they did not come with a sea view!!!! WHY NOT? I thought that was discriminative but offered to pay more for a better room. She said they were fully booked and that was that. I should have been notified by Hotel Select that I was not going to get a sea view or a balcony as numerous emails had been exchanged between myself and the hotel regarding my time of arrival etc. I was never told. I expressed my concerns again later that evening and said I was extremely unhappy. Nothing was done. I was simply stuck in this dark prison cell!

I stayed for one night but could barely sleep due to the paper thin walls. I could hear other people in the room opposite me, people merely chatting in the room above and was awoken by the commencement of cleaning/vacuuming outside my room at 8.30am!

I could not bear to stay for another 6 nights, despite having paid for 7 nights so I left with my luggage on the second day, to find somewhere better, never to return.

I then received an email from Olga asking if anything was wrong......ha ha!
The outcome is, the hotel would not refund any of the 6 nights even though I did not use the room (maybe they rented it out again ha!) and they blamed this on the booking through Expedia and Expedia have blamed Hotel Select for the lack of refund, as it is their policy not to refund!

BEWARE: SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOT STAY HERE!

Oh and the Spa is NOT included! You have to pay for it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Berniexoxox
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Hotel Select in Riccione. We took the half board rate - breakfast and either lunch or dinner. The hotel is not far from the beach. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food at the restaurant is fantastic!! We would have liked to stay a few more days just for the meals. The restaurant is buffet style but everything is very fresh and delicious. There is a big selection so the only problem is you eat too much because everything is so good. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Renata P
Reviewed 19 January 2013

It's true you don't feel like a guest. They don't make you feel like a guest. The rooms are not to small and very beutyfull and warm . The breakfast is probably the best I have in some hotels in the area (I'm coming here 8 years now) and the food in the restaurant is very good also. Definetly I will come back next year and the years forward

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nick K
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Good option, nice environment and friendly welcome.Nice are small but nice, and with TV premium channel. Its good to have a god reception and with pool and tube, SPA is a plus even I dont suit.
Breakfast value for money