“Unbelievably great - again!”
Review of Hotel Belvedere

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Riccione
Hotel Belvedere
Ranked #1 of 290 Hotels in Riccione
Ottawa, Canada
“Unbelievably great - again!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Thanks to everyone at the Belvedere again for simply the best kind of holiday for anyone who loves cycling, eating, and being pampered in an elegant environment! Marina and all her staff are delightful, fun and professional and treat each guest to a wonderful experience. The guides and rides are great, accommodating various levels - this year I traveled with my sister, a novice cyclist, and Danilo helped her become a confident rider who wants to come back for more. We were really lucky with the weather so after a delicious post-ride lunch we headed for the beach most days. Looking forward to September 2014!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Korean first
Belper, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Marina and her staff looks after us as brilliantly as ever, great food, superb rooms. Just a shame we could not stay longer. The spa was new and a fantastic addition. For those people who have not been and enjoy cycling holidays with the option of guides taking groups that ride at different speeds it does not come any better. I suggest you book early as it is always very popular

Thanks Marina and have a great 2014 season and hopefully we will be back soon

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tyrian1857
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Need I say more? I love this place. I love this place. I absolutely love this place! And I love Marina and her staff.
I am not a good traveler, things have to be perfect. I don't like most foods, I am a nervous traveler especially regarding rooms being clean and safe and I could go on and on.
Marina, the staff and this hotel make me feel like I'm in a haven of luxury, and they really cater to your needs if you ask. They pay attention to your well-being. Honestly, I can't say enough good things about this place, but the best way I can articulate is that I'm going back for my 3rd time this 2014 and staying longer. I travel all over italy every year, and this is the place I want to go for my beach time. Oh and did I mention that the beach is incredibly clean and amazing!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
charleston
Reviewed 4 December 2013

It's the excellent hospitality which starts with Marina, the owner and is displayed again and again by all the staff.Being from the South, as in the southern part of the USA ,we both enjoy giving and receiving hospitality.My wife and I along with the others in our group were most impressed and appreciative of the attention given to every detail during our stay.The food,the rides, the accommodations all - 5 star plus.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Shropshire/Staffordshire border
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Extremely friendly, genuine and efficient staff, led from the front by Marina the owner. The number of repeat guests is testament to the wonderful experience that is a holiday at the Belvedere.
Whether you are in a group like us, or travelling as a couple or singleton, this is the place for you. You feel like family from the moment you walk through the door and the warmth and passion from the whole team is evident throughout your stay.
Excellent range of rides to cater for all abilities, fantastic guides and breathtaking countryside all mean a taste of heaven for any cyclist. My wife hasn't always cycled, and the hotel does an amazing job of catering for the non cyclists too, with various trips, flower arranging classes, Italian lessons, yoga etc. Great shopping and lovely beach all within walking distance too!
Cant forget the amazing spa, an oasis of calm and tranquillity after pedalling through the awesome scenery. The therapists, Stephanie and Stefi are amazing and as well as the traditional beauty and massage treatments, they also offer sports massages to ease tired legs.
The food is dangerously good, you need to get some miles in to work off the delicious fare on offer three times a day. The food is the nicest buffet style food you will see this side of a cruise ship. The hotel offers a super half board deal for cyclists and their families, but this is effectively full board with wine and water with your evening meal, bonus!
My wife was gutted that this time her birthday fell outside of our weeks holiday as it is such a cool place to have a celebration. There was a birthday in our party that week and our friend was spoiled rotten with a sushi special starter (her favourite), cake and prosecco. We have already booked for next year, surprisingly enough for the week of my wife's big birthday, I know she will have a great time.
If you are deliberating whether to go, don't hesitate, you will not regret it and soon be part of the family that is the Hotel Belvedere. But please folks, leave some room for us ;-)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cyclist62
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My stay at the Belvedere was without doubt my best travel experience ever.

The food was exceptional, the rides amazing and the standard of service, like nothing have ever experienced. Marina and her team ensure every guest is made to feel very special. I stayed for five days, and could have stayed for a month! The guided rides were outstanding, stopping for coffee and lunch in many beautiful villages. The final day was a ride up to San Marino - magnificent. Returning from our rides a delicious 'cyclists buffet' was waiting everyday and a great chance to review the days ride with newly made friends. A few hours on the beach to recover and then time for dinner. The regular pool party was quite a spectacle and great fun.

I was there on my birthday and Marina organised a departure gift on my last day which was very thoughtful and yet another example of their attention to detail and their genuine desire to make sure everyone feels special and has a great time.

I had to leave quite early and the breafast team was still setting up - nothing was too much trouble. Fresh coffee and breakfast was organised to get me on my way.

I cannot praise the Belvedere highly enough. If you are looking for a hotel in Riccinoni they certainly have not maintained there No.1 position by chance. This is a truly exceptional establishment and it will be a stay you will never forget.

I cannot wait to return! Paul

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 November 2013

...from free daily laundry service for your sweaty bike clothes, to daily printed menus, to new excursions. On our last full day, my friend and I decided to go to Ravenna by train rather than ride (a trip well worth doing for the stunning Byzantium mosaics). Marina, the owner, looked for me afterward to ask how it had been as she was thinking of organizing a trip for the guests. The following week, on a rainy day, my husband went on the trip with the hotel.

At home, I'm a commuter cyclist and I had never really done any road cycling despite my 52 years. So I rented a hybrid with straight handles. I'm under 5' tall, so I had to stand on my toes to get stand over clearance on the bike they gave me. But I was fortunate to get a carbon frame (there were only 2 such bikes); my friend, who also rented a hybrid, got an aluminum. Well, that first hill we climbed on our first ride was a revelation - it wasn't me but my heavy commuter clunker with its pannier and lock that made hills so difficult! I so enjoyed the riding that on my return home I ordered a carbon frame road bike for myself.

I went on 5 panorama (2nd level of difficulty) rides of about 55-60 km every day, averaging about 18-20 km/hr. I had never ridden such distances before and didn't know if I could do it, but I found I had no difficulty keeping up. It probably helped that most riders were my age or even older, not real young ones. My commuter cycling 20 minutes each way to work also probably helped.

The routine was breakfast, riding starting around 9:30 with a banana and small sandwich in one's jersey pockets, stopping for coffee (or in our case yummy hot chocolate) about 2/3 of the way through the ride, then back to the hotel for a huge lunch at 2 p.m., relaxation or shopping in the afternoon, and dinner at 7 p.m. The food was fabulous, with very decent house wine included.

One caution - the countryside was beautiful, but it takes a while to get out there, and there is a fair bit of urban cycling and cycling on highways in addition to the country cycling. But the guides were great.

In fact, as a number of other reviewers have attested to, all the staff were great. We particularly enjoyed Melanie and her wonderful enthusiasm. Marina obviously knows how to hire staff for their people skills.

The location of the hotel is also great, being one block from the beach and a few blocks from a shopping mall, and within walking distance of the train station. We were there in late September and a number of other hotels were already shut for the season, so it was great to be there when it was so uncrowded. In the evenings the Italians were in jackets and we walked around in shorts and sleeveless dresses, although it could get a little cool.

My husband and I had a basic double room, and it was perfectly fine. We were on the beach side overlooking the road, and we were worried it would be too noisy since my husband is very noise sensitive, but there were metal blinds outside the window we could put down, and tired and satisfied with the great riding, food and the spa, we generally slept well. There was some traffic noise in the morning, but it was not too bad (at least at the time of year we went).

Although I only went for 9 days with one week at the hotel, and despite travelling from Vancouver, I felt so rested after the holiday. It was wonderful and I would certainly return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends