“Well done”

Hotel Kristal Palace - Tonelli Hotels
Ranked #1 of 62 Hotels in Riva Del Garda
Reviewed 2 July 2014

It was just lovely and every detail was well done.
The dining experience was a scrumptious and the staff was exceptional making it 5 stars for every meal. The facility was immaculate with every necessary item.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jojocol
Paolo T, Direttore at Hotel Kristal Palace - Tonelli Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Jojocol,
thank you very much for your kind words and for appreciating our attention to details and the service in our restaurant "Live". Our Executive Chef has been working with us for eleven years and every time giving special attention to the local cuisine, re-elaborated with a modern, innovative twist. We are very proud of all the restaurant team, which is very attentive and professional.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you soon.
With best regards
Giuseppe Tonelli and Kristal Palace Team

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We have travelled extensively over recent years and this hotel is as good as any anywhere! Quietly situated it is a 20 minute walk to the centre of Riva along the lake shore which is a delight in itself. The amenities are excellent with good size rooms and sensible bathrooms. Everything works and any minor issues are dealt with promptly and with good grace. Indeed the main attraction of the hotel is its staff all of whom are dedicated to service of the highest order. Food is plentiful with wide choice to suit all palates and variety every evening.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Les O,
I'm pleased that you found us outstanding on all levels. Our team is very pleased about your praise, sense of hospitality is a must here at the Kristal Palace. We take great pride in the service provided to our guest’s and it’s nice to know that from stepping through the door you felt you had made the right decision choosing the Kristal Palace Hotel.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again.
Warm regards
Giuseppe Tonelli and the Kristal Palace Team

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I totally agree with the other reviews and it is difficult to find more to say about this exceptional hotel. As has been said, one of the strengths of this hotel is the staff. Not only are they friendly and attentive, they all genuinely seem to enjoy their job. Nothing was too much trouble and everything was done with a bright smile. The restaurant is superb, with a different menu every night of our week long stay. It was always full, yet the service was always quietly efficient, under the watchful eye of the superb Head Waiter, Marcus. The meals were beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. The Sky Pool Bar has a wonderful view and when lit up at night, with a pianist playing unobtrusively, it is a splendid place to be for an after dinner drink. I can't fault the Kristal Palace!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Margaret,
I have passed on your comments to the restaurant team, to Marcos especially, who is very pleased by such a wonderful feedback. It was a pleasure looking after you, triyng to make your holiday a special one.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.
with best regards
Giuseppe Tonelli and Kristal Palace Staff

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel and it was certainly every bit as good if not better than our first visit. We arrived just in the middle of a heat wave but it was a pleasure to enter our air conditioned, spacious and fresh room. Shortly after our arrival a complimentary bottle of prosecco and a bowl of fruit was delivered to our room, a lovely touch which helped us relax after a tiring journey.
This hotel places a lot of emphasis on staff interaction with guests. You never passed reception without a greeting and likewise the housekeeping staff, dining room staff, porters always acknowledged you. The food in the restaurant is of exception quality and the complimentary glass of prosecco adds that special touch. Breakfast can be had either in the restaurant or on the roof top pool area. The hotel is ideally situated.The lake is less than a five minute walk away while to the centre of Riva its a leisurely 15 minute stroll either along the lake or via the main road. The hotel offers a shuttle service to the town at certain times through out the day.
The hotel has two bars, one on the ground floor and one on the 6th floor which is the pool area. If the weather is good they usually have the entertainment on the top floor too. On one occasion 4 of us went into the ground floor bar for a drink. The lights were on and the television was showing a world cup soccer match but there was not a member of staff in sight. We had to order our drink at reception and the bar man then brought it down 6 floors in the lift. He was not best pleased and then discovered he was 1 drink short. However he was able to pour the drink in the bar downstairs which saved him another journey in the lift. We noticed numerous people come into the lounge that night only to leave again as there was no service.
But that was a very minor blimp in what was an exceptional stay at this lovely hotel. This is the only Riva hotel I would consider staying in and its no surprise its run by Giuseppe Tonelli, whose family own a number of other hotels in Riva and the surrounding area. On checking out we were presented with a lovely gift which just added that personal touch to our wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Paolo T, Direttore at Hotel Kristal Palace - Tonelli Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear NITom,
thank you very much for choosing us again for your second stay in Riva del Garda. It is a pleasure to read that we are the only Riva Hotel you would consider staying in and that every department was outstanding. Every year we try to improve our service with new enhancements, like the shuttle service to the center, which has been appreciated, although the hotel is situated only one kilometer stroll along the lake.
During the summer we have entertainment with music on the top floor, so the bar service is provided by our cocktail bar and, only in case of bad weather, in the lounge bar at the ground floor. We want to make sure that our guests are comfortable during their stay and upon request you have been served also in the lounge bar. I am sorry that fact bothered you.
I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.
With best regards
Giuseppe Tonelli and the Kristal Palace Team

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I recently spent a week in Kristal Place with 3 friends. We were extremely impressed with the hotel and its management from the start. The staff have managed to strike the balance between being attentive to the guests’ needs and making sure you feel comfortable at all times while keeping the atmosphere relaxed and informal. Everyone was very friendly and always happy to help. Little touches like pre-dinner prosecco, bar snacks and being able to have breakfast at the pool bar were really appreciated. The food in the restaurant was wonderful and we really enjoyed being able to flex our taste buds with such a diverse menu each night. Our rooms were immaculate and well-maintained throughout the stay.
The location of the hotel was fantastic with absolutely stunning views from the Sky Pool Bar.
This was a special trip to commemorate our collective 40th birthdays, I have to say that the service we received exceeded any expectations we had prior to the trip and left us with some great memories. I’d go back in a heartbeat and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Paolo T, Direttore at Hotel Kristal Palace - Tonelli Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Anna M,
thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on the site following your stay with us. I am delighted that you felt that your overall stay was perfect and that you enjoyed the extra little touches.
We are very happy that the service you received exceeded any expectations: it is our goal! We think that a lovely and attentive staff contribute to make the holiday very special.
We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.
Warm regards,
Giuseppe Tonelli and Kristal Palace Staff

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Whilst I can second all of the positive reflections of the luxurious, Kristal Palace, I've read the same complimentary descriptions over and over again. I'd like to share some areas that I feel would be more helpful to travellers like myself. I tend to look at the Tripadvisor reviews and attempt to stay at the best recommended hotels, not necessarily the most expensive, I book each element flights, hotel, transfers separately. I've done the same travelling to Venice, Sorrento, Rome and now Riva Del Garda. Possibly I sometimes pay too much, but I always stay in some fantastic hotels, including the Kristal Palace.
Here are some points that I was not made aware of on arrival and I found out by chance during my stay, as I didn't use a tour operator I didn't have a welcome meeting.
1- men should wear trousers during evening dinner
2- the hotel has bikes to hire, and a period for free
3- standard taxi fare from Verona Airport is Expensive €150 each way. Takes just over an hour. Using alternative methods with lots of luggage, in torrential rain ie bus, train, taxi seemed like one way to upset a hairdo.
4- a masseur appears occasionally on the rooftop, again I found no detail.
5- some rooms have a luxurious shower, but no bath.
6- our room overlooked a building site with two cranes, which I found very interesting this had no impact on my stay. The view from the rooftop is out of this world and I was not worried about the view from my room.
7- if you do not cycle take care on the footpaths, I cycle a lot in the UK, and put up with a lot of stick from motorists, mixing pedestrians and cyclists appears to be asking for trouble.
8- is there a fitness centre at the hotel? There is a picture of one in a hotel brochure, but I didn't find it.

For the best in food, staff, cleanliness, location, comfort, luxury then Kristal Palace is the place for you.

Room Tip: Don't worry, I bet they are all wonderful
2  Thank Tidiman

Dear Mr Tidiman,
thank you for taking time to post such a detailed review. How wonderful to read that you had a perfect holiday here with the best food, staff, cleanliness, location, comfort and luxury.
At the arrival you receive a book with all the information and the hotel services: dress code, bikes to hire, masseur, fitness centre and much more, like free yoga lesson, mountaibike and trekking guided tours...maybe by mistake you didn't receive it. We are very sorry about that. It is very important to know every possibility and service provided, it could make your holiday much comfortable and pleasant.
I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.
Kind Regards,
Giuseppe Tonelli and The Kristal Palace Team

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We have just returned from an 8 day stay at the Kristal Palace organised by Riviera Holidays. In 35 years of holidaying over a lot of the world and staying in everything from 3 to 5 star hotels I can honestly say that this was the best. From the moment we checked in at reception until we got on the coach to come home we were treated to 5 star service. We were on the first floor in Room 101. A decent sized room with plenty of storage a large bed and flat screen TV. A nice little balcony with a table and two chairs. The en-suite bathroom was a good size with a large rainfall shower. The room was tastefully decorated and was kept spotlessly clean as was the whole hotel. The Hotel has only been built for three years and this is reflected in the modern contempory style of the building and rooms. Towels are changed twice a day and the beds were "turned down" of an evening. The staff at the Kristal are all friendly, helpful and nothing is to much trouble for them. They truly go the extra yard to help and are a credit to the Tonelli Family organisation. The crowning glory of the Hotel is the restaurant, kitchen and Staff. The food is without doubt the finest I have ever eaten. From the homemade pastas the succulent meat dishes to the marvellous desserts. The presentation and the quality of the food is first class.I have wracked my brain to try and think of some constructive criticism I could put in my review but to me this place was perfection. I thank and congratulate the Tonelli Family and all of the Team for giving us such a fantastic experience.
Would I recommend this Hotel.......you bet. We will definately return for another visit in the future. If you have booked into this Hotel you are in for a real treat.
P.S. I would also recommend Riviera Travel for their great organisation and value their holidays provide.

Room Tip: Book it as soon as possible.

Dear Philann,
I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable holiday with us and that you thought the hotel was "the best" you have ever stayed in more than 35 years of holidaying.
The staff and the Tonelli Family organization makes the difference: we try to be always attentive and to take care of every guest.
I am also pleased that you liked your room combination. They are indeed very comfortable and modern furnished, also fully accessorized for a relaxing vacation.
Thank you for the praise to our food and service, I have passed on your comments to the restaurant team.
We will be happy to read some constructive criticism, if in the meantime you will think about it don't hesitate to contact us.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again.
Warm regards

#1 of 33 in Torbole
Hotel Garda - TonelliHotels
Hotel Garda - TonelliHotels
#7 of 62 in Riva Del Garda

Been to Hotel Kristal Palace - Tonelli Hotels? Share your experiences!