All reviewslake gardatorri del benacothe main roadrecommend this hotelsmall balconyitalian hotelsmain courselovely poolbeautiful walkfantastic hotelreceptionistdessertrepcoach
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Just returned after spending a week in this hotel, the staff are extremely friendly. Although we had a late check in, and to late for dinner we were given a packed lunch next day. Maid service daily with clean towels Pool area very relaxing . Great location as it is just across the road from the lake. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and hope to stay here again, when I return to Riva Del Garda.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ellen G
AlessandroLiberty, Owner at Hotel Gardesana, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Good afternoon and thanks a lot !

Waiting you and friends next time in Riva in our Hotel !

Have a nice day !

Reviewed 1 August 2012

This is a good 3 star - better than many 4 star. Comfortable and clean. Very helpful staff. Food very good and again helpful staff in dining room. Rooms are adequate. Ours had a nice mountain view and small balcony. Nice location, about 20 min walk from centre,

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 2frank2

Good afternoon and thanks a lot for your review !

We always do our best to make happy our Guest .-)
Hope to see you in the future !

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Hi have just returned from a weeks package holiday with the Travel Department at the Hotel Gardesana we arrived about 10pm and had no evening meal which was exceptable as it was late, checked into a single room very small more like a corrrador than a room but clean no air com so very hot and stuffy only small window. Had a reasonable nights sleep, went for breakfast next morning early enough but food was of a good quality which is more than I can say for the evening meal, breakfast was the same every morning. After about the 3rd day I asked the girl on receiption if it was possible to change to a double room she said yes but there would be a charge of €30 per night which was fine. The next day The group went on tour to Venice and when we got back all my luggage was shifted to new room which was great untill after dinner I went up to my room for a while and was sitting on the balcony when I noticed some 'ANTS' running back and forth on the ground I watched them for a while and then noticed a crack in the door frame of the balcony and they seem to be going in and out of this so I checked inside the door well to say I nearly passed out is an understatement, when I lifted the curtain there was at least a couple of thousand ANTS in the curtains and on the side of the dressing table inside the doors, I called receiption and the girl (very nice girl) said she would come up and have a look, in the mean time I checked under the dressing table and there was at least a couple of hundred half dead flies under there at this stage I began to freak as all I could think of was if I had not seen them and I had been asleep in bed that night I would have been covered in both goes beyond thinking. The girl came up and could not believe it when she saw it she tried to kill them but there was too many, so we just packed up my belongings and moved me to another room which was fine but I still felt very uncomfortable. What I would like to know is why the cleaning staff had not noticed this and it had to have happened over a time. Also when paying my bill I ask if I got any discount on the extra charge for the distress and was told no the owner said no. As I said the staff were brilliant but I would never stay in this hotel again or recommment it to anyone.

Room Tip: dont have any
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank catherineSchool
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Good afternoon and thanks for your review

I am really sorry about the Ants problem, sometime when it rains
and comes back very hot, could happen but I will check better the room
and fix the problem.

Thanks a lot

Reviewed 28 June 2012

This is a small friendly fantastic hotel with excellent food, excellent service and oh so friendly. The cleanliness of the hotel is exemplary, with clean towels every day. The rooms are adequate but quite small and if you like to spend a lot of time on the balcony there is just enough room for two very close chairs. Don't be put off by this. The swimming pool is at the back of hotel and again it is fab. In September by late afternoon it got quite cold but great up till then. You are only five minutes across a busy road to the beach and walkway. The views are breathtaking and every bend had another most amazing view. I would recommend this hotel at the top of the lake and it only takes about 15 minutes to leisurely walk into riva. will definitely go back here.

Room Tip: Rooms at front were slighly noisy but on the left side looking at hotel it was just dandy.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank MusicbirdUdddingston
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Good afternoon and thanks !!!

I am really happy that you enjoied your stay with us
and I really hope to see you again next time here :)

Thanks a lot also from all the Staff
Have a nice summer

Reviewed 18 June 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com