All reviewslake gardatorri del benacothe main roadrecommend this hotelsmall balconyitalian hotelsmain courselovely poolbeautiful walkfantastic hotelreceptionistdessertrepcoach
Reviewed 4 August 2013

As I get older the more I realize that at the core of the hospitality industry, wherever in the world you go, is the quality of service provided by key front line staff. So, let's get the minor details out of the way. Yes, some of the rooms are small, ours had a poorly-designed layout which meant that movement was restricted, the comment earlier on about headboards etc was valid criticism. BUT, and it's a big "but", none of this got in the way of our enjoying our stay at Gardesana.

The hotel is clean, linen changed frequently, common areas kept neat and tidy. The pool and its surroundings is, similarly, free of the detritus that users leave behind, bathrooms are shining.
Nor can I fault the dining room or the menu: simple good food served by a staff overseen by David who was professional without being stuffy, friendly and helpful without being familiar. An exemplary character.

Location is brilliant. Others have touched on this. Highlights for me: the lakeside walk to the town centre every morning before breakfast, the whole of the Northern end of the lake spread out before me as I took my daily cornetto in the gelateria 40 paces from the hotel, the stroll to Torbole after dinner with lights being switched on all along the waterfront.

Wonderful place. The economic rate that one can get at the Gardesana, without sacrificing quality on the things that count, was one of the reasons why I could add this tour to my programme this year.

Room Tip: Rooms over pool are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vernoil M
AlessandroLiberty, Owner at Hotel Gardesana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Good afternoon,

thanks a lot for your review !
Nice to read that you enjoyed the stay and liked the areas !

I will give the message to Davide and all Staff !
Hope to see you again in our hotel in the future

Thanks a lot

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We had a great week at the Gardesana hotel. We found the staff to be very friendly and accomodating. It was spotlessly clean and the food was excellent every night and on one occasion there was a gala dinner provided. The location was good and there was plenty to do. The outdoor pool and garden was secluded, refreshing and not overcrowded. We were a party of 7, two adults, three teenage children and two of their friends. I feel it is fair to say that perhaps for older guests the beds might be a little firm, there is no lift or air conditioning but this did not bother any of us. It was a little noisy outside one or two nights but I wouldn't hold this against the hotel. all in all we had a great week, a real family feel, staff were lovely and rooms and beds tidied every day. we would definitely love to return.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front could possibly be a bit noisy but the views were great. First floor rooms would probably suit older guests or people with young children and buggies etc.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jackie C
AlessandroLiberty, Owner at Hotel Gardesana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Good afternoon,

thanks a lot for your review !
Hope to see you again in our hotel and in Riva !

Enjoy the rest of the year !
Best wishes

Alessandro

Reviewed 20 June 2013

my husband ,daughter and myself recently stayed here, [ it was a last minute booking].we would normally stay in a 4 star hotel or better so didn't know what to expect but we were pleaseantly surprised. The hotel rooms were basic but extremely clean [they were cleaned every day].we had a triple room which was very large . The food was good . A few days my daughter didn't like what was offered for dinner and the maitre'd went out of his way to get here food she liked .we stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels and they never offered anything more than what was on the menu .Any request I had was dealt with there and then and always willingly. Only downside is their is no air conditioning.A well run hotel that with a little updating could easily gain another star.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank megane17
AlessandroLiberty, Owner at Hotel Gardesana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Good evening,

thanks a lot for your review, really appreciated !

We always give our best to our Guest, specially for the food,
that is something very personal, so if someone don't like the menu,
we will give another choice until we don't find what you are looking for.

Hope to see you again in our hotel or our town !
Thanks

Reviewed 9 May 2013

My wife, a friend and I stayed at the Hotel Gardesana on a trip with the Travel Department. We had originally intended to stay at its four star sister hotel nearby, the Liberty, but, as our friend was paying a single supplement, we opted for the Gardesana (3 star) instead. We are very glad we did. This is a lovely, family run hotel. Ok, the rooms are a bit small, but on a touring holiday this is not a huge problem. The food in the dining room ( breakfast and dinner) was very good, with plenty of variety, and the staff are good humoured and friendly. The towels were changed daily, and the bed linen was changed once during our week there. There is a fine pool at the rear of the hotel, although due to our timetable I only got to swim in it once. The hotel is across the road from the Marina and the lake shore, and about a ten minute walk from Garda. Turbole, in the other direction, is about a twenty minute stroll away. In both instances one walks along a lakeside footpath, insulated from vehicular traffic. One small gripe- during our week there they decided to do something with the wi-fi connection which made it difficult to get connectivity. I hope they fix this soon, as trouble free wi-fi needs to be a standard feature of all hotels nowadays.By the way, there is no a/c, which travellers in high summer would need to bear in mind. Fans are available. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Front rooms face the road so will be noisier.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Smackdo
AlessandroLiberty, Owner at Hotel Gardesana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

Good afternoon,

thanks a lot for your wonderful review !

I will give your message to all staff regarding rooms, dining room
and kitchen ! We have fixed our problem with wi-fi system, it is
always free from lounge and all rooms, but there was a problem
during that week.

Thanks a lot and see you again

Reviewed 17 December 2012 via mobile

I spent a wonderful week at Hotel Gardesana with Travel Department, I was a solo traveller & there was no extra supplement which was great! My room 115 located on 1 st floor overlooked the pool & was very comfortable, (the single rooms size do vary in size) a nice bright bathroom & was quiet airy, did rent fans which was approx €1 a day & well worth it! Pool area was lovely & no problem in getting sun beds, on half board, couldn't fault the service/ food, the staff were wonderful & enjoyed some lovely evenings just sitting outside enjoying a glass or two with Irish/ Scottish travellers with Travel Department! Enjoyed a few trips locally, took local bus to Malcesine which I would highly recommend, beautiful town, then took cable car up to Monte Baldo! Sound Of Music country! The view from Monte Baldo was breathtaking! the view of Lake Garda is amazing! Enjoyed a lovely lunch, not v expensive, & just sat back & enjoyed the wonderful view! Weather was perfect & will cetainly return in the near future!

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank riakane
AlessandroLiberty, Owner at Hotel Gardesana, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Good afternoon and thanks a lot for your review !

Really appreciate that you find our hotel with a good service
in everything and also you enjoyed the sourroundings.

Hope to see you in the future and have a nice 2013 !