All reviewslake gardatorri del benacothe main roadrecommend this hotelsmall balconyitalian hotelsmain courselovely poolbeautiful walkfantastic hotelreceptionistdessertrepcoach
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Spent a week in the Hotel Gardesana with two others, twin room is compact with small balcony with enough room for about two chairs, bathroom was also on the small side but clean and towels changed and room cleaned daily. I was there the first week in August and it was unusually hot weather, there are fans available to hire from reception but no air conditioning which would be the only gripe I'd have.

As an extremely fussy eater, I was expecting to go hungry for most of the holiday but I can't praise the dining room staff enough, especially Davide, who arranged alternative meals if there was nothing on the menu I liked, so don't be afraid to speak up if there is nothing on the menu for you.

Lovely pool and garden to the rear for the days you just want to take it easy. Just a few minutes walk to the lake and an easy stroll along the lake for about 10-15 mins will lead you into the main town.

There is an ATM/Bank and supermarket very near. Receptionists are very helpful to explain bus/ferry time tables and places of interest near by. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms to the Front and Side are closer to main road so can be a bit on the noisy side if you keep your window open. Rooms to the rear overlook the garden and pool area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tazcorp
AlessandroLiberty, Owner at Hotel Gardesana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Good afternoon and thanks a lot !

Happy to read that you enjoyed your holiday in our
hotel, Riva del Garda and near us !

We are waiting you for another relaxing moment !

Thanks

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Unfortunately, I staid here for only two nights - I wished it was longer! The staff was very nice and a had a lovely time during my stay in Riva del Garda.
The hotel is easy to find by car and its got free parking, free wifi and a lovely pool in the garden. It's not located in the town center, but this gives you the opportunity to enjoy a beautiful walk (approx. 15 minutes) along the lake when getting to the town! And another advantage; at this area, the esplanade is less crowded than in the center!
I was in a tiny but super-clean single room without aircondition (I don't know whether the other rooms have aircon), but it totally fit my needs. As I always went out for dinner, I can't say much about the menue but the breakfast was allright!
I would definitely recommend this hotel if you also don't worry to much about staying in smallish rooms - but you wouldn't want to spent much time indoors anyway! :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
AlessandroLiberty, Owner at Hotel Gardesana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Good afternoon and thanks for the review !

Appreciate that you liked our hotel and hope to see you again !

All rooms are without aircon now, but we are thinking to put
some ceiling fan for next year, right now anyway fans are available
at hotel desk.

Thanks again

Reviewed 4 August 2013

As I get older the more I realize that at the core of the hospitality industry, wherever in the world you go, is the quality of service provided by key front line staff. So, let's get the minor details out of the way. Yes, some of the rooms are small, ours had a poorly-designed layout which meant that movement was restricted, the comment earlier on about headboards etc was valid criticism. BUT, and it's a big "but", none of this got in the way of our enjoying our stay at Gardesana.

The hotel is clean, linen changed frequently, common areas kept neat and tidy. The pool and its surroundings is, similarly, free of the detritus that users leave behind, bathrooms are shining.
Nor can I fault the dining room or the menu: simple good food served by a staff overseen by David who was professional without being stuffy, friendly and helpful without being familiar. An exemplary character.

Location is brilliant. Others have touched on this. Highlights for me: the lakeside walk to the town centre every morning before breakfast, the whole of the Northern end of the lake spread out before me as I took my daily cornetto in the gelateria 40 paces from the hotel, the stroll to Torbole after dinner with lights being switched on all along the waterfront.

Wonderful place. The economic rate that one can get at the Gardesana, without sacrificing quality on the things that count, was one of the reasons why I could add this tour to my programme this year.

Room Tip: Rooms over pool are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vernoil M

Good afternoon,

thanks a lot for your review !
Nice to read that you enjoyed the stay and liked the areas !

I will give the message to Davide and all Staff !
Hope to see you again in our hotel in the future

Thanks a lot

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We had a great week at the Gardesana hotel. We found the staff to be very friendly and accomodating. It was spotlessly clean and the food was excellent every night and on one occasion there was a gala dinner provided. The location was good and there was plenty to do. The outdoor pool and garden was secluded, refreshing and not overcrowded. We were a party of 7, two adults, three teenage children and two of their friends. I feel it is fair to say that perhaps for older guests the beds might be a little firm, there is no lift or air conditioning but this did not bother any of us. It was a little noisy outside one or two nights but I wouldn't hold this against the hotel. all in all we had a great week, a real family feel, staff were lovely and rooms and beds tidied every day. we would definitely love to return.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front could possibly be a bit noisy but the views were great. First floor rooms would probably suit older guests or people with young children and buggies etc.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jackie C
AlessandroLiberty, Owner at Hotel Gardesana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Good afternoon,

thanks a lot for your review !
Hope to see you again in our hotel and in Riva !

Enjoy the rest of the year !
Best wishes

Alessandro

Reviewed 20 June 2013

my husband ,daughter and myself recently stayed here, [ it was a last minute booking].we would normally stay in a 4 star hotel or better so didn't know what to expect but we were pleaseantly surprised. The hotel rooms were basic but extremely clean [they were cleaned every day].we had a triple room which was very large . The food was good . A few days my daughter didn't like what was offered for dinner and the maitre'd went out of his way to get here food she liked .we stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels and they never offered anything more than what was on the menu .Any request I had was dealt with there and then and always willingly. Only downside is their is no air conditioning.A well run hotel that with a little updating could easily gain another star.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank megane17
AlessandroLiberty, Owner at Hotel Gardesana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Good evening,

thanks a lot for your review, really appreciated !

We always give our best to our Guest, specially for the food,
that is something very personal, so if someone don't like the menu,
we will give another choice until we don't find what you are looking for.

Hope to see you again in our hotel or our town !
Thanks