All reviews lake garda torri del benaco the main road recommend this hotel small balcony italian hotels main course lovely pool beautiful walk fantastic hotel receptionist dessert rep coach
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed 2 nights on a buisiness trip. For conveniance I ate dinner at the hotel the first night and what a disappointment. As if it's come from a packet very bland and I could have done better than that myself. The breakfast is ok even if the buffet doesn't have a huge amount of choice. I noticed they had some live music in the lobby on the Friday night, clearly targetted at the senior citizens staying at the hotel.

The single room I stayed in was very dated and there were stains on the sheets.... I also noticed that the daily houskeeping just makes the bed but doesn't clearn the room.

Staff are generally very friendly and they managed to help me check out at 5 am and get a taxi at this time and the night porter even instsed in making a coffee for myself and the taxi driver, how stereotypically Italian :)

The hotel is however very cheap so I suppose you get what you pay for. With clean sheets I would have givenit 3 stars!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
AlessandroLiberty, Owner at Hotel Gardesana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Good afternoon,

sorry to read your review about our kitchen,

Everyone is always very happy about our restaurant,
but of course everyone have different point of view !

Sorry regarding the room sheets, you can tell that to
hotel reception and they will change them straight

Anyway all rooms are cleaned daily, not only changing towel
and sheets, maybe you were in a hurry about the business.

Thanks a lot

Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband and myself stayed in the hotel late July and it was very hot however you can rent a fan at reception for €1per night - I would strongly recommend. First impression was that the hotel was basic but quite adequate.
However my first impression changed to delight due to the excellent service we received from Davide the manager who is so efficient (seeing is believing) and the excellent food we enjoyed throughout our stay especially Gala night.
I would highly recommend the hotel for location, food and service and would like to say a special thanks to Davide for giving us a table for 2 which I requested on the first night.
I would love to know why he changed us to a different table on a few occasions though!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlooking the pool are cooler in very warm weather.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tyrone_8
AlessandroLiberty, Owner at Hotel Gardesana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Good afternoon,

thanks a lot for your comment !
I will give your message to Staff and Davide,
they will be 100% happy to read it !

I really don't know why he changed the table,
but you can email hotel and ask him directly : )

Thanks a million

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Spent a week in the Hotel Gardesana with two others, twin room is compact with small balcony with enough room for about two chairs, bathroom was also on the small side but clean and towels changed and room cleaned daily. I was there the first week in August and it was unusually hot weather, there are fans available to hire from reception but no air conditioning which would be the only gripe I'd have.

As an extremely fussy eater, I was expecting to go hungry for most of the holiday but I can't praise the dining room staff enough, especially Davide, who arranged alternative meals if there was nothing on the menu I liked, so don't be afraid to speak up if there is nothing on the menu for you.

Lovely pool and garden to the rear for the days you just want to take it easy. Just a few minutes walk to the lake and an easy stroll along the lake for about 10-15 mins will lead you into the main town.

There is an ATM/Bank and supermarket very near. Receptionists are very helpful to explain bus/ferry time tables and places of interest near by. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms to the Front and Side are closer to main road so can be a bit on the noisy side if you keep your window open. Rooms to the rear overlook the garden and pool area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tazcorp

Good afternoon and thanks a lot !

Happy to read that you enjoyed your holiday in our
hotel, Riva del Garda and near us !

We are waiting you for another relaxing moment !

Thanks

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Unfortunately, I staid here for only two nights - I wished it was longer! The staff was very nice and a had a lovely time during my stay in Riva del Garda.
The hotel is easy to find by car and its got free parking, free wifi and a lovely pool in the garden. It's not located in the town center, but this gives you the opportunity to enjoy a beautiful walk (approx. 15 minutes) along the lake when getting to the town! And another advantage; at this area, the esplanade is less crowded than in the center!
I was in a tiny but super-clean single room without aircondition (I don't know whether the other rooms have aircon), but it totally fit my needs. As I always went out for dinner, I can't say much about the menue but the breakfast was allright!
I would definitely recommend this hotel if you also don't worry to much about staying in smallish rooms - but you wouldn't want to spent much time indoors anyway! :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
AlessandroLiberty, Owner at Hotel Gardesana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Good afternoon and thanks for the review !

Appreciate that you liked our hotel and hope to see you again !

All rooms are without aircon now, but we are thinking to put
some ceiling fan for next year, right now anyway fans are available
at hotel desk.

Thanks again

Reviewed 4 August 2013

As I get older the more I realize that at the core of the hospitality industry, wherever in the world you go, is the quality of service provided by key front line staff. So, let's get the minor details out of the way. Yes, some of the rooms are small, ours had a poorly-designed layout which meant that movement was restricted, the comment earlier on about headboards etc was valid criticism. BUT, and it's a big "but", none of this got in the way of our enjoying our stay at Gardesana.

The hotel is clean, linen changed frequently, common areas kept neat and tidy. The pool and its surroundings is, similarly, free of the detritus that users leave behind, bathrooms are shining.
Nor can I fault the dining room or the menu: simple good food served by a staff overseen by David who was professional without being stuffy, friendly and helpful without being familiar. An exemplary character.

Location is brilliant. Others have touched on this. Highlights for me: the lakeside walk to the town centre every morning before breakfast, the whole of the Northern end of the lake spread out before me as I took my daily cornetto in the gelateria 40 paces from the hotel, the stroll to Torbole after dinner with lights being switched on all along the waterfront.

Wonderful place. The economic rate that one can get at the Gardesana, without sacrificing quality on the things that count, was one of the reasons why I could add this tour to my programme this year.

Room Tip: Rooms over pool are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vernoil M

Good afternoon,

thanks a lot for your review !
Nice to read that you enjoyed the stay and liked the areas !

I will give the message to Davide and all Staff !
Hope to see you again in our hotel in the future

Thanks a lot