“One of our favorite hotels ever!!”
Review of Lido Palace

Lido Palace
Ranked #1 of 62 Hotels in Riva Del Garda
“One of our favorite hotels ever!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Amazing. Contemporary yet has kept the beautiful architecture as well. Huge rooms on the new top floor. The location is majestic! Its at the northern tip of Lake Garda which gives you the perspective of being right up close to the massive rock/mountains across from the hotel. Just amazing. The only Con is that we were there during my sons birthday and they didn't do anything to make him feel special. Even a birthday cookie would have been a sweet touch. However this is me being super picky... Lake Garda was spectacular:-)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Luvn2travl4
HLP R, Direttore at Lido Palace, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Good afternoon Mr Luvn2travl4,

if on the one side is very pleasing to read your exposition in terms of beauty of hotel architecture and location, on the other side it is with regret that I learn the lack of an important element: your son's birthday. It is part of our purpose to amaze our Customer with small but relevant "details". I am very sorry for the shortcoming and it goes without saying that I will investigate through the registration process.
I am sure you will enjoy again in the future the majesty of this northern tip of Lake Garda and its five stars hotel.

Lido Palace

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
uk
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I never write any feedbacks as I often feel that it is worth my time and effort. But I want to express my gratitude and thanks to all the staff at Lido Palace for making holiday most memorable and enjoyable. I have travelled to almost everywhere in world and stayed in many 5 star hotels. This is the BEST.

I went to Riva del Garda for a relaxing holiday coupled with some wind surfing with my girlfriend. I booked the hotel by chance as the hotel, du parc, recommend by my friend next door to Lido Palace, was fully booked. I liked the look of this hotel on line and it is the only 5 star hotel in the area. It turned out to be one of the best 5 star hotels I have stayed. The staff are extremely courteous, helpful and polite. It simply has everything with highest quality one needs for holiday. I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone and will definitely go and stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for the room with river view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill W
HLP R, Direttore at Lido Palace, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Mr Bill W,

let me express my gratitude for having spend part of your time to report your experience at the Lido Palace. I will not miss the chance to share with the staff your appreciation in terms of courtesy, politeness and helpfulness.
The attention behavioral of our personnel is one of our strength point and will continue to enhance it as much as possibile.
I hope to welcome you again at our Lido Palace in Riva del Garda

Northern Lass
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed for 4 nights at the end of June. This hotel is simply amazing. The location is perfect and the spa and pool areas stunning. The staff are extra helpful, without being creepy. Riva del Garda is one of the loveliest places I've ever visited. Go there and treat yourself to a stay in this hotel. I will certainly be back

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view if you can afford a bit extra
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
HLP R, Direttore at Lido Palace, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Mr Dogwalker13,

let me thank you for having highlighted the loveliness of Riva del Garda in general and the facilities of Lido Palace in particular.
Definitively the quality of the staff in terms of competencies and attitude is by now well consolidated and any esteem by our Customer will generate additional confidence.
Also the SPA CXI (hundredeleven) and the pool areas have become the reference point for relax and treatments. As you have surely noted the wellness center is deployed over 1,500 sqm and for an hotel of only 42 rooms it rapresents a great plus.
I thank you once again and look forward to welcome you again at the Lido Palace

boston
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Lido Palace for five days this May and found to be everything we hoped for and more. It's the right size: it's been thoughtfully and beautifully renovated: and it's in a charming town (Riva del Garda) at the northernmost tip of Lake Garda. Lots of German, Swiss and Italian tourists. almost no Americans and everything is a short walk away from the hotel. Local wines (especially the whites) were fabulous and the food of course was perfect. Viva l'Italie!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lulu072
HLP R, Direttore at Lido Palace, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Dear Lulu072,

thank your very much for having emphasized the beauty of the Property and its landscape. Definitively Riva del Garda is a charming destination and we are glad to contribute in offering a pleasant stay to our Custmer with comfortable room and outstanding food.
I look forward to welcoming you again at the Lido Palace

Regards
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Location by the beautiful Garda lake, staff, services, food, architecture and interior design - everything is special in this hotel. Close to city center where the little restaurants, gellaterias and shops are located, and at the same time quiet and private.

Room Tip: I would recommend a lake view room on a higher floor in order to have total view of the lake. Beauti...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Monica303506
HLP R, Direttore at Lido Palace, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Thank you Mrs Monica303506 for the nice and complete "picture" you have outlined on the destination, staff attitude, services and landscape. The historical building combined with modern interior design put the final touch on your postcard.
Thank you once again and I hope to welcome back in the future at the Lido Palace

Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Excellent hotel with uncompromising levels of service carefully balanced with respect for your space and privacy. Set in a stunning location on the shores of the lake and just 10 mins walk to the cafes and restaurants of the old town. A lake view room with a balcony is definitely a benefit. The staff are simply perfect, attentive but discrete. Your own quiet space, but not isolated. A most enjoyable 10 days in a perfect hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
HLP R, Direttore at Lido Palace, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Thank you very much Mr Simon B for your act of kindness versus our property facilities and for the acknowledgement of the high quality services delivered by the Lido Palace staff. It represents for sure a sort of wish to achieve the top-level and in this way I will share it with all the employees.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2013

When deciding where to stay in Riva del Garda I have to admit I was drawn in by the very flashy website and stunning images. The trip was a surprise birthday present to my other half so I was very nervous about it living up to my expectations....
I am pleased to report it did, in every detail. On arrival the staff were extremely helpful and welcoming. In fact at every stage of our 3 night visit the staff were almost beside themselves with helpfulness. We have stayed in a number of 5 star hotels and I have to say the service here is probably the best we have encountered.
The hotel layout is wonderful and the design of the restaurant/spa area is well considered and immaculately finished. Very minimalist inside but with touches of elegance throughout. Amazing location within stones throw of Lake Garda. 2 minute walk in Riva and easy access to a main road.
We ate at the Michelin star restaurant one evening and were not disappointed. Food was fantastic, no complaints at all. The breakfast food was also of a high standard, the coffee - superb.
All in all this was a trip we will not forget and aim to return to this hotel at some point.
I have 2 minor (and I mean minor) negative remarks. 1. The beds are VERY hard and so I recommend asking for a soft cover if you prefer a softer bed. 2. We had to call reception a couple of times for our 'complimentary waters' instead of them being delivered each night. These two things are very insignificant when taken in context to the whole experience. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone who is considering this hotel. Don't hesitate.....just book and enjoy :)

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have much of a lake view so remember to ask when booking if that is important t...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KrismanDeluxe
HLP R, Direttore at Lido Palace, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Dear Mr Krisman,

to perform in compliance with our Guest expectations is our maximum ambition and this is exactly what I read through your comment in terms of staff attitude, food quality, SPA services and hotel facilities. We want to put at disposal of our Custmer all our competencies since the very beginning to the end. I will not miss your congratulations for the excellent job done as booster in doing even better.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Riva Del Garda
#4 of 62 in Riva Del Garda
Hotel Benacus Malcesine
Hotel Benacus Malcesine
#3 of 70 in Malcesine

Been to Lido Palace? Share your experiences!