Stayed at the Lido Palace in 2002. Wonderful experience!
As we arrived a porter scurried out to collect our bags whilst we walked up the red carpeted steps (!) to reception.
The room, whilst not huge, was comfortable and well furnished and very clean. The pool was very pleasant, with sun loungers arranged on the lawns surrounding the pool and a bar over to one side.
Dinner was excellent - no other word for it. We eat out a lot and this was restaraunt quality food. Dessert was buffet style but none the worse for that & the wine list brief but excellent with a good range of affordable Italian wines up to exquisite Amarones and Brunellos.
We were made to feel very at home & are planning to return next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a spectacular location on the northern edge of picturesque Lake Garda, Lido Palace is a stunning Belle Époque building, set within 19th-century gardens filled with fragrant cypress, cedar and magnolia trees. Recently renovated, the Liberty Style palace impresses with contemporary interior design which epitomizes chic modernity. The rooms - almost a symbiosis of light, nature and elegant interior design - are modern, wide and bright spaces taking advantage of the contrast between the minimal style of the interiors and the romantic view on Lake Garda. The 1,500sq m spa offers a collection of globetrotting treatments, including a Finnish sauna, Mediterranean bath, Indian massages and Native American stone treatments. Its guests are invited to enjoy the serenity in an elegant setting tasting savory meals by Chef Giuseppe Sestito. Tremani is the hotel's more laid-back lunchtime eatery offering healthy imaginative meals. For intimate evening meals, Il Re della Busa is decadent and distinguished, with exquisitely rendered morsels of haute cuisine in sleek designer surroundings and backlit views of the grounds. The restaurant overlooks the gardens, which are a mix of manicured lawns and forested foothills, grab a seat by the window to gaze upon them as you eat. If it's a balmy night, get a table on the balcony deck. Fine-dining chefs are usually fiercely protective of their recipes, but chef Giuseppe Sestito will happily share some of the secrets to his creations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Lido Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lido Palace Hotel Riva Del Garda
- Lido Palace Riva Del Garda/Nago, Italy