This hotel is a gem. My hubby and I have just returned from a week at the Villa Nicolli and all we can do is praise it. Clean, well presented and great service from all the staff. It is slighty back from the harbour about 5-10 mins at a leisurely pace, but this is one of it's bonuses as there is no people or traffic noise, and it is perfect for the evening stroll to the harbour that you definitely need just to let the amazing 5 course evening meal settle.
With the buffet breakfast (the complimentary buffet lunch), and the evening meals being so tasty expect to put on a bit of weight whilst there. The new spa wing is fantastic, we first used it during an afternoon downpour, and it was the height of luxury. There is a steam room, sauna, a room with charged ions, a 3 part shower & mist, a strange 2 part shower and some heated air beds that are all available 3 - 7pm & an indoor pool with various bubbly bits, jacuzzis (seated & lying down) open from morning to 8pm.
The room was a good size, though the beds were a little on the hard side, and the balcony (ours looked back towards the mountains) is a nice touch.
The only down side is that to use the pools (inside or out) you have to wear a swimming cap, your own or one bought from reception for 2 or 3€ ( I can't be sure as I bought the cap in combination with the flip flops that must be worn if you want to use the spa - total for both was 5€), so for both of us to use the spa it cost an extra 10€ that we hadn't known about.
The outdoor pool is nice with a small garden to the side that is perfect for quiet sunbathing.
Riva itself is a great resort with the dramatic mountains to the back and side and the beautiful lake with all it's lovely harbour and plenty of watersports. The local buses were immaculate and pretty prompt and reasonably priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Villa Nicolli Romantic Resort, a Kingdom of harmonies, peace and wellbeing in Riva del Garda. Discover the thousand relaxation opportunities of Lake Garda: enjoy a spa treatment, taste delicious food in the restaurant Perla di Lago or stroll around Riva del Garda and the sorrounding area. An unique and exciting experience to fall in love with this small ancient world... Click on the video and make the trip start! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Villa Nicolli Romantic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nicolli Hotel Riva Del Garda
- Villa Nicolli Romantic Resort Riva Del Garda/Nago, Italy