“Another Great Visit”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Virgilio
Ranked #8 of 62 Hotels in Riva Del Garda
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Virgilio at RIVA is a place that I visit again and again. The warmth one gets there is not easily found.
It is a home away from home with all comforts.
One's needs are very well looked after.
Your likes and dis-likes are very taken note of.
Every aspect is great.
The family running this runs with a passion.
A great Hotel to go again and again !!!

Room Tip: All Rooms are Good try for a Room with the Balcony
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
9  Thank QCINT
There are newer reviews for Hotel Virgilio

Reviewed 6 December 2012

We have just returned from a wonderful holiday with national holidays where we stayed at this hotel for four nights.The hotel is run by the family and they are all very polite and helpful.The food was good and sufficient and the Italian night was great.We could have salad and a bread selection,then canneloni,then pork( with potatoes and veg)which came in with sparklers in it and then a masive homemade gateaux.It was very nice.We also had a free bar for three nights of our stay from 8.30pm to 11.30pm.The rooms were fine nothing fantastic but the Italian hotels don't tend to do fancy.I would recommend this hotel.
On one of the mornings I could hear a dog really howling as if it were really distressed.When we went to get on the coach I could hear them again.I went over to them.There were three really lovely dogs all kept in a kennel.The oldest one looked like it had lost the will to live,I cried because I love animals and to see them shut away like that really upset me and a couple of the other passengers.They all looked healthy and were fed but I suppose you have to accept that some of our European cousins don't treat animals like a member of their family.I expect the family are really busy with the running of the hotel.I did ask the coach driver if I could take them home with us but he said no!!This is the only fault I could find with the hotel but I know it wouldn't effect everyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
13  Thank LynBedfordshire
Reviewed 25 November 2012

nice hotel basic and spotlessly clean,food disappointing only italian food was pasta starter couldnt fault the staff they were excellent .shame about dogs caged all day.driver on coach jerry was brilliant kept us entertained on very long journey

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank princessmena
Reviewed 22 November 2012

This is a definite hotel to stay at in the Lake Garda area, everything is first class and the meals are to die for.
We have had a brilliant stay here and would recommend to anyone.
We were part of a National Holidays trip which was superb, brilliant drivers and well organised.

• Stayed: November 2012
9  Thank Peoman1
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Virgilio, Riva Del Garda as part of a National Holidays trip in early October. The hotel offers an excellent base from which to enjoy the splendours of Riva Del Garda. Our room, although not huge, was clean and comfortable, the staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful and the meals were excellent. As a fish vegetarian I thought I might have a problem but they catered for me well. This National Holidays package is an excellent one and I would recommend it for value for money. We even had a free bar each evening after dinner! The inclusive trips to Verona, Venice and the Dolomites were well organised and thoroughly enjoyable. The bus journeys were good, the drivers excellent and other passengers were very friendly. All in all an excellent holiday.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank MoandTed
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Tour was with National Holidays after a long bus trip with 2 fantasic drivers steve and ken. Our stay at this Hotel was excellent. evening meal was a 3 courses home cooked proper italian food. breakfast was fine no problems. room clean and tidy short walk to bus station but at least a 15 min walk into town.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank pgdxn
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We arrived at a lovely hotel after a long bus trip with 2 wonderful drivers steve and danny who made the trip very pleasurable . I cant complain about anything really the room was of a very adequate size,everyone was helpful and friendly and the food was of a high standard. The free bar at 8.30 went down well with me and my mum and we met some lovely people. We really enoyed the trips and have booked again already with National holidays. Being an animal lover i could hear from my bedroom window dogs barking so i went to investigate to find nestled at the back of the car park covered in leaves and branches a dog kennel with 2 young puppies and a mother and a very frightened who i think the father was. They were fed and watered but in my 9 days of holiday they did not leave the kennel and were crying constantly. One lovely lady who walked past with her dogs commented and said they are there all the time and never go out and she thought it was cruel of a family run business to be breeding dogs. When i made my concerns to one of the family members he commented that they go hunting from september to december but i dont think this is correct as the male dog had really long claws and had not left for some time, another member also stated the same, but i hesitate to believe them. Being the biggest animal lover in the world i understand the time it takes to run a hotel but i have had no indication that these dogs ever leave the kennel and find it very very cruel, if anyone would like to get in touch with different evidence to put my mind at ease please do so, it upset my holiday as noone even knew they were there at the bottom of car park and when i showed the other guests they were not happy and also the driver, the hotel is very well run and i cant fault it but my concern always goes back to animals as how would you like to stay in a kennel all day at one point there were flies all over the puppies and they were getting agitated and the receptionist just walked into the pen and told them to be quiet. Anyway as this hotel has a tripadvisor sticker as you walk into the hotel do not be put off but please make your concerns about the animals or it will never come to light and i hope this review gets printed so it can show the hotel owners how much people care about animals that are left to fend for themselves. Thankyou mo

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
#3 of 6 in Castelletto
Grand Hotel Liberty
Grand Hotel Liberty
#15 of 62 in Riva Del Garda

Been to Hotel Virgilio? Share your experiences!