Recently returned from a stay - also through Leger. Not sure where all the complaints below have come from.
Firstly - star ratings on the continent are different to what we're used to in the UK. Their standards are lower - remember that it was not rated by Leger but by an Italian tourist company (hence the stars on the hotel's sign).
Secondly I want to address the food issue. As our English tour guide (who's lived in Italy for 30years) pointed out to us - any food you get is as a result of many years of foreigners going over and asking for omelette's. Italians (especially hotelliers) are aware that many people visiting their country don't want to eat Italian food - heaven knows why someone wouldn't want Italian food!!!!! They are trying to cater for us but don't understand what WE eat - hence the rather bizarre food choices some nights. Still I don't think many people could complain having a 4-5course meal served for them every night. We certainly didn't experience anything re-heated or re-served. Everything looked pretty fresh and, as a vegetarian, I'm normally the first to complain about food but the staff were lovely and made me pasta without meat and omelette's if I wanted one.
The staff are lovely and speak very good English. They're also super-efficient.
Our room was comfortable and spacious (2 single beds to form a 'double' and another single bed if we wanted to utilise it). TV with CNN and a sports channel after 6pm. Nice view of the mountains. Very good location for town and the lake. Residents also have the option of using the Health and Wellbeing Centre at the nearby Hotel Oasi.
I honestly have no complaints although meat-eaters would complain that they didn't understand what was being served to them. Which I guess is fair enough but the hotel does a nice tiramisu!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE CULTURE OF HOSPITALITY The Royal Hotel boasts a warm welcome and a central but quiet; located just 100 meters from Lake Garda, its beaches and the pedestrian promenade and bicycle path along the lake for 1.5 km until you get in the historic center of Riva del Garda. The hotel has 54 standard rooms with classic style and very comfortable and offer many services: mountain-view balcony or pool view, safe, wi-fi, telephone, television, minibar. It enjoys pleasant common areas such as bar, restaurant serving breakfast and dinner with rich buffet, outdoor swimming pool surrounded by greenery of the garden, whirlpool, beach chairs and umbrellas, a garden where you can relax in the sun or shade of beautiful pine trees; parking point with information, bike rental. All staff are like a big family and is always attentive to the needs of customers to be able to spend the best holiday. The Royal is waiting on Lake Garda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hotel Riva Del Garda
- Hotel Royal Riva Del Garda/Nago, Italy