2 friends and I stayed at this hotel with Leger Holidays. Their brochure described the hotel as 3*, this we think is over generous and would suggest a 2* or even 1* would be more appropriate. The staff were very friendly, the hotel was clean but the rooms we were allocated were very small and shabby. I had a single occupancy room and had to make a conscious effort not to stub my toes when moving around the bedroom. The double room shared by my friends was a little better space wise but not much. The furniture in both rooms was very tired and basic. The air conditioning in our rooms was so weak it made absolutely no difference and as a result very uncomfortable to be in and sleeping at night was a real struggle. The air conditioning in the dining room also was totally ineffective - no chance of lingering over a meal. The food was edible but of poor quality and lacking in variety. Only on a couple of occasions were we served what could be considered Italian dishes and even then the pizza was almost inedible. Deserts appeared to be made from packet mixes. Apart from melon no fresh fruit was served. Tinned fruit was served at breakfast.
I wrote to Leger with our comments after the holiday in July and, apart from an acknowledgement and promise of a response within 28 days, am still waiting almost 3 months later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE CULTURE OF HOSPITALITY The Royal Hotel boasts a warm welcome and a central but quiet; located just 100 meters from Lake Garda, its beaches and the pedestrian promenade and bicycle path along the lake for 1.5 km until you get in the historic center of Riva del Garda. The hotel has 54 standard rooms with classic style and very comfortable and offer many services: mountain-view balcony or pool view, safe, wi-fi, telephone, television, minibar. It enjoys pleasant common areas such as bar, restaurant serving breakfast and dinner with rich buffet, outdoor swimming pool surrounded by greenery of the garden, whirlpool, beach chairs and umbrellas, a garden where you can relax in the sun or shade of beautiful pine trees; parking point with information, bike rental. All staff are like a big family and is always attentive to the needs of customers to be able to spend the best holiday. The Royal is waiting on Lake Garda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hotel Riva Del Garda
- Hotel Royal Riva Del Garda/Nago, Italy