Hotel Antico Borgo
Residence Segattini(Riva Del Garda)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$85
Hotel Luise(Riva Del Garda)
US$172
US$154
Hotel Savoy Palace - TonelliHotels(Riva Del Garda)
US$181
Parc Hotel Flora(Riva Del Garda)
US$210
US$175
US$150
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Lido Palace(Riva Del Garda)
US$662
Hotels.com
Hotel Campagnola(Riva Del Garda)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$69
Du Lac et Du Parc Grand Resort(Riva Del Garda)
US$231
US$196
Agoda.com
Grand Hotel Liberty(Riva Del Garda)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$83
  • Breakfast included
LakeFront Hotel Mirage(Riva Del Garda)
US$162
US$109
All reviewsroof terraceold towncobbled streethalf boardevening mealsmall bar areacoach drop off pointcentral locationlake gardathe main squarerooms cleaned every daylovely hotelair conreception areatop floorferry portantipasti
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights a couple of weeks ago. I had flown from Toronto to Rome, waited in the Rome Airport for a few hours and then flew up to Verona. From Verona, I hired a driver to take me to Riva where I was to meet my husband.

Unfortunately, the airline lost my luggage and by the time I arrived in Riva I had been awake and travelling for easily 24 hours. Despite that, I checked into Antico Borgo and was charmed. It is in the heart of 'old' Riva on tiny little streets. You are surrounded by shops and restaurants and it is only a couple of blocks to the lake.

First of all, there is a lady who works at the front desk, Katia who is absolutely superb. Very professional, very friendly. Katia arranged for us to hire a driver to take us from Riva to Venice which was terrific.

In terms of the actual hotel - the room was spotless but tiny. My opinion is that for a 4 star hotel, it should be a little more lux than what it was. A double bed was two single beds pushed together. There wasn't much in the way of decoration in the room and it was very, very small.
I ate dinner in the restaurant and it was ok. The wait staff was lovely. There are lots of restaurants around so I would recommend leaving the hotel for dinner. The breakfast buffet was great - good selection. Great coffee!

My overall opinion is that it is a little shy of a 4 star hotel. Great location and lovely staff. But if you are staying for more than a couple of days - the inherent minimalism of the rooms may become a little trying.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Corks73
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stayed at the Antico Borgo in July 2013 with a group of friends and we had a fantastic holiday. It is in the heart of beautiful Riva del Garda, surrounded by shops and restaurants. From the moment we checked in the staff were all incredibly helpful and friendly, from the reception and restaurant staff to the lovely ladies that keep the hotel spotless. The rooms are clean and comfortable, although slightly lacking in storage space, they are minimalistic and each have an interesting mural behind the bed. The roof terrace is a really nice place to meet up for a drink before dinner and the hotel is happy to provide glasses if you want to buy your own drink from the local supermarket. We were a group of 13 so it was a really cost effective way of starting the evening before going down to dinner.

Regarding the meals, breakfast was always good with a wide variety of choice. The bread was delicious and the array of continental meats & cheeses was excellent. The cooked choices were not really to my taste but there was always a huge basket of fresh fruit to choose from. The evening meal always started with a large buffet of antipasti and I could have filled up on this alone, as it was delicious. The starters were always really nice but the main courses varied from really good to really bad. In all honesty, I would say use the Antico Borgo as a B&B as there are so many wonderful restaurants in the town that you could eat somewhere different every night and it is surprisingly good value for money. Having said that, you would miss the attentions of the head waiter, who is just delightful and did his best to ensure that we were well looked after. We had two coeliacs in the party and he always paid special attention to them to ensure that all their food was gluten-free.

The only thing that is missing from the hotel is a swimming pool but it is only a stones throw from the lake, where you can swim if you can brave the cold water. I managed about a minute!

I would recommend this hotel and would certainly return in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Staff are all extremely helpful and nothing too much bother for them. Rooms are spotlessly clean, good shower, great comfortable bed. Roof terrace is very special and never very busy. Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Shirley436
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Lovely location, situated in little street in the old quarter of Riva. Lovely and cool in public areas. Breakfast was very good, lots of choice - even got a glass of Prosecco every morning. All of the staff were friendly, charming, polite and nothing was a problem, even when I messed up the safe combination. Rooms were a good size, but the cupboard space limited. A shelf in the bathroom and some drawers in room would have been great. Big comfy bed and fab bed lamps that could bend into your book. Room was absolutely spotless, as was the bathroom, always lots of hot water, the hairdryer was good as some just 'puff'. The fridge was for our use and not stocked which I like. The air conditioning was great, (windows must be shut to work) the double glazing kept out any street noise. Some say it does not warrant a 4*, but according to what warrants a 4* this hotel has it. So it doesnt have a pool or piano in the bar. The night porter and caretaker were great to. Would we book again, yes we would.

Room Tip: The lift is in middle of building, so did not disturb any particular room. We were happy with room 301, third floor and the front of the building
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights for our recent holiday in Riva - no complaints from us, we had a great stay and would recommend this hotel if you want to stay in the centre of the old town in Riva, about 5 mins walk from the lakeside. Hotel was clean, comfortable etc. Bed comfortable, shower worked great, plenty of room for us and our son who slept on the sofa bed. Air conditioning worked well given it was really hot. Not so good stuff: parking was via a sort of ticket system and we had to find a space on the street every time we wanted to park. Low cost (€2/day or so) but a bit of a pain; Restaurant design lacked warmth and atmosphere (Ok to eat in but not special - staff were very good though and breakfast filling and tasty); No wifi or internet in rooms - wifi available in lobby at (lowish) cost; Solarium somewhat unloved - would be nice if there was a bar or some other sort of service up there.
Note that there is no level access to rooms - for our room, you had to climb a flight of marble stairs before you could get to the lift. Not an issue for us but maybe for others.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family