“Choice nr.1”

Paris, France
“Choice nr.1”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Bonjour tout le monde!

This summer I've experienced the stay at the Hotel Pietre Nere. We've been looking for the suitable place that would be comfortable, safe and friendly for our 4persons family.. At the beginning we were quite sceptical to go there but when we got there everything was jus WONDERFUL!!!! We've been enjoying the italian cuisine, chilling at the pool, having a nice walks along the Adrian see, relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff and, for sure, the Italian sun :) What I liked the most at Pietre Nere that you are able to combine your prefferences weather you are looking for the quite or active holiday. It is located perfectly if you want to hide from the city noise but close enough to look for some action as well! We had an amazing time there!!..ahh...Next time in Italy I won't have to think where to stay, I know it already! Hope my comment will help someone to make a good choice :)
Au revoir!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Juodkrante, Klaipedos Apskritis, Lithuania
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This summer was the third time when I was in Pietre Nere. It's excellent! The staff is changing every summer but despite it, they are very friendly, very helpful, very happy and with smile! The food is also very delicious, especially fresh grilled fish. Every morning I woke up and I saw a beautiful view. The room is very clean and comfortable too. To sum up, everything was excellent! See you soon in the next summer! :))))

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Oulu, Finland
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I would like to thank Franco and his crew for a wonderful holiday that we spent in hotel PietreNere. The weather couldn't be better at the end of September. We enjoyed our stay, the staff was very friendly, food was eccellent. We got more of our holiday than we could ever have ecpected. Gargano has really a lot to offer for tourists. I'm looking forward to return to PietreNere in the springtime and explore Gargano's nature in another season.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Pirkko K
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2011

What a fabulous relaxing time we spent here, so much so that we have booked to stay again next May. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The beach, just a short drive away is fabulous. We felt so relaxed after just 24 hours. The whole coastline of the Gargano is stunning. You reallly need a car to get here and to see the area. A visit to the sanctuary at Monte Saint' Aneglo is an absolute must. Some basic Italian is needed to fully appreciate the area and the local people who are all simply wonderful. Also suggest that the day trip from Rodi Garganico to the Tremiti is a fabulous day.

Room Tip: Rooms with seaview on third floor are the best, to appreciate the stunning sunsets
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Returned once again to Pietre Nere this year, but this time for a whole month! I think that say's it all- don't you?
Discovered this Hotel whilst on a holiday in Vieste in 2008, returned twice in 2009 and stayed for a month in June/July this year. Both Angela and Franco are charming hosts and with the chef producing regional food as good as ever in the kitchen what more could you wish for?
The locality is superb with the hotel providing a regular shuttle to the private beach area and miles of golden sand stretching from San Menaio all the way to Rodi and the new yachting marina.
Very good.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Capello50
Esslingen am Neckar, Germany
Reviewed 8 May 2010

I can’t believe I’m about to do this, but I think we are going back to the Hotel Pietre Nere again this summer. With so many wonderful places in Europe to visit, we almost never go to the same resort, but we had such a fantastic time last year, we are going to break that rule.

The hotel is my favorite in Italy. It is relaxed, friendly, clean, great for families, and a good value. The views and sunsets from the balcony were incredible. The head chef and his food was amazing. We ate more and better than I can remember in a long time and possibly forever.

The staff was friendly and the service excellent. They helped arrange a Jeep Safari of the nearby forest wildlife and a boat cruise of the nearby islands. The water and beaches there were crystal clear, white sand, and breath-taking. The Jeep Safari was a blast, very interesting, and we got some great pictures. They even gave us a personal tour of a nearby medieval village one day and the new world-class marina another day. Even though they had extremely good food at the hotel, they recommended and we tried a fun and local nearby restaurant one night also.

I have fond memories of either relaxing by the pool, with its great views, or taking one of the many interesting tours of the surrounding area. I also took advantage of the full equipped spa one day and got a very skilled full body massage.

We met and spent time with the Owner, Franco, and he was very nice, fun, interesting, hospitable, and he shared lots of great stories.

I highly recommend this hotel and the full-board menu option and if you are there this summer, look me up.

Jim Condon
International Vice President
Stuttgart, Germany and Charleston, SC

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank condonj
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Reviewed 12 April 2008

We have just returned from a week in Rodi Gargarno staying half board at the Pietre Nere Hotel.

April is defiantly the wrong time of year to visit this area as this hotel as most things in the area are closed and we were the only people staying at the hotel for most of the time.

The room was very clean and comfortable, apart from the squeaky bed. The best bits were the views from the balcony over the sea and beach, the sunsets and the pool area, although it was not warm enough when we were there to use it.

I agree with the other subscriber to Tripadvisor who said that you should eat elseware as the food is not good, the starters were OK but the mains were dire, the problem is though that Rodi is nearly 3km away, to far to walk there and back for an evening, and driving back could be a problem after a glass or two of wine!

Franco and Angela speak fluent english and are most helpful as was Irana the Russian waitress who was a real delight.

If I go again, I would not go to this hotel or this area until at least the end of May, when things are open and the hotel is up and running, it is very very quiet out of season.

• Liked — Balcony and the views
  • Disliked — Dinner
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple