See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 October 2016

at least 3 members of the family run the b&b, are very helpful and friendly.
The breakfast, they served, was one of the best we ever got in Italy: everything was really fresh, some was home made: one type of bread (there were several), marmelade of fig and of apricot. Few readily mixed cereal, but enough pure stuff, even manifold fruit and yoghurt, so I could mix to my own fancy.

Of course good coffee, milk cold or hot, juices, etc.
One big table in the dining room, cosy to sit at.

They even offered us parking for our car.
That's very helpful, because parking fee is high in the center of Saluzzo.
And, although in the center, with bars and restaurants nearby: we slept profoundly, we enjoyed, how quiet it was.

In october there was no need to heat or to cool the rooms, so I did not care too much, but of course there is firing, and the house seems to be an old small 'palazzo' with thick walls, so in the summer the rooms will stay cool.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 9 September 2016

I chose Saluzzo as a staging base for a four-day trek in the nearby Alpes. I chose Domus Aurea because of its central location and I prefer family owned accommodations. I could not have made a better choice.

I suffered a serious knee injury enroute to Italy, putting my whole trip in jeopardy. To salvage my alpine tour I needed to adjust my itinerary while on the mend. The good people of this charming B&B were very obliging with reservation changes, transportation needs, and regional information; even offering to take me to the local hospital. With their help and three days rest I was able to complete the tour.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Hannibal90k
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Saluzzo is the most wonderful hidden gem! Yes the streets are narrow & it can be hard to find but if you contact Patrizia before arriving you will have no problems. If you want to park off street - make it clear - although we parked out front for 3 days & had no trouble. The rooms are beautifully decorated and spacious & you can easily spend time in the spacious living room. Patrizia's home made bread & marmalade were just the begining of a great breakfast. We will be back!

Room tip: All are good
Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Domus Aurea – located in the historical centre of the city - is a great place to stay for visiting the beautiful city of Saluzzo and to make trips to the mountains nearby (e.g. Vale Varaita). In the B&B itself you can feel everywhere the personal touch given by the owning family. Patrizia, the owner of the B&B, helped wherever she could from the beginning of our stay. We will for sure return to this wonderful place, once we are visiting again this part of Piedmont.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Christian S
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Monday, 22 july 2013

While my parents celebrate their 52 th marriage anniversary, we're sitting on the balcony of our nice room in B&B Domus Aurea in Saluzzo. What can one add to what previous visitors have told about Domus Aurea : the generous hospitality and care, the nice rooms, the nice surroundings, the very good breakfast, the very sympathetic owners...? Moreover, Saluzzo is well situated between Torino, the region of Alba, the Ligurian Sea and the very nice valleys of the Po (Plan del Re) en the long and winding road to Col d'Agnel and its marvellous surroundings. And : Saluzzo itself is a very cosy , upliving city with good osterias.

Johan and Ariana- Genk, Belgium