“Horrible Experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Marconi
Saint Sauveur des Monts, Canada
“Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I had reserved a room on 5th floor with a view and upon arriving at the hotel I was told that it was not available! Prior to booking with Hotel Marconi I had spoken MANY times to the owner who reassured me verbally and in writing that there would be absolutely NO PROBLEM! Well guess what, there was! Not only did I not get the sea view room but upon arrival in the room that I was given the air conditioner did not work!! Since we arrived at around 2h30 lunch was over but we were given some left over pasta with a glass of wine each! The owner charged me $35 euros for this! I told the daughter who was at the reception that I spent more than that in phone calls to her father but I paid the $35 and left. The hotel itself was very ordinary and definitely not recommended! Instead we stayed at Hotel Bahia where I will type in my review shortly but in one word EXCELLENT!!!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Joanne S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Łódź, Lodz, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Hotel Marconi is a pleasant, quiet hotel, with a sea view, just one street away from the sea (about 50-100 m). The owner is a super pleasant and helpful man - whatever we needed he was there to help (if you ever read about the famous Italian openness, hospitality and friendliness, and just like me you never experienced it, Giampaolo Marconi is the man who has it all).

The place is not so big, clean, and the rooms are very comfy - all equipped with Tv sets and bathrooms. The food was perfect - I stayed there for a week, and everyday different food was served in such amounts, I had to go jogging everytime afterwards :)

I stayed there with my family: my wife, and two daughters aged 7 and 1,5. We lived on the third floor, and babywagon was no problem thanks to the elevator. I usually travel with a babybed for my younger daughter, as I don't trust the cribbs in the hotels (they're usually dirty). This time our room was already equipped with it, and it was very clean.

The hotel is situated about 100m away from the sea, but still has a view on it (it's one street away from the sea). I would consider it a plus though, as the distance is very small (takes less than a minute to get to the seaside) and thanks to it, it's more quiet than hotels directly over the sea.

Tha staff in the hotel is awesome. I never asked but it looks like all people working there were close relatives, or at least very good friends. The staff is young and helpful, and always smiling.

If I ever get back to this part of the world, Hotel Marconi will be the first choice. It has nothing to do with big chain hotels, and that makes it special. The hotel, as I heard, has been a family business for a couple of decades (the name of the owner is the same as hotel's name). If the owner works there himself instead of hiring people only, it means, he cares about his business.

I fullly recommend this place. Hope you enjoy!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank MarekMiller
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

spent school holiday week at hotel marconi just myself and my 9 year old son.
hotel situation fantastic - front row to beach. got dumped by shuttle bus driver in street and couldn't see hotel so walked in wrong direction then asked and turned back again! customer service from shuttle company was very poor - resort hoppa.
got to hotel. looked lovely. the Spanish woman at reception ignored us totally for 10 mins whilst she spoke on phone. then when she came off she had a face like thunder and wasn't welcoming in the slightest. we eventually got to our room and I was so disappointed as I had booked a standard sea view room with onthebeach and we did get a sea view but a partial side sea view! I immediately went back to reception to see if I could get a swap but to no avail. she said they were fully booked. not sure I believed her. however chin up! the room was fine. very clean and the balcony was massive even if it didn't get any sun.
never ate in hotel. the woman always seemed to be a bit of a crab! lots of Spanish pensioners in hotel but they were lovely. waiters very friendly too and they loved my son. benidorm itself was amazing but am glad went to the older Spanish part. the beach was beautiful and had goal posts on it so my son was quite happy. pool on roof was absolutely freezing but so was the sea- just the time of the year I guess. I didn't think benidorm was too expensive - on par with us.
will I go back? definitely. to the hotel Marconi? only If I was guaranteed a sea view room ( I would even be prepared to put up with that woman!)

• Stayed October 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

We bocked a superior room with seaview and these room are the best. Nice hotell with helpfull staff and a restaurant where you have to preebook and chose meat or fish wich is charming.

Our teenagers judes the pool twice and I think they then were almost alone. The parasoll and chairs are included wich is practical and nice.

It is one street to get to the beach so it isnt exactly at the beach but I think this just can be good for the noice and it is realy close and a nice Macaroni beachbar/restaurant wher we had almost all our lunches.

We took one trip to à montainVillage wich we can recommend Ripatransone. Almost just one real restaurant and we had to ask a pilots an to find t but it was nice :)

We now there are more nice places in the area and if you start with an Apertivodrink you get several nice small apertisers for free:)

Typical touristenvironment with nice restaurants we took the bus to center once and had dinner but I don't think it's nessary for good meals.

Okej Breakfast was included. And free parking.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2008

My husband and I travelled with our 2 kids (2 yrs old & 9 mos). This cute little beach town is a hot spot for young Italian families with kids. We were one of the few non-Italian tourists. Marconi Hotel provided us with a crib for our baby and a day bed for our toddler. We were 2 mins. walking distance from the beach and water. They have a private area on the beach with umbrella and chair service. They also have a private pool by the hotel. They speak English and the owner is so nice! They also have an outdoor trampoline and many outdoor toys for the kids. I would stay here again (with or without kids)! There are many restaurants and shops by the beach. You should try a really good restaurant called Resto Pizza! They had the best service and freshest food!

• Liked — close proximity to beach, restaurants
  • Disliked — only 1 small elevator available
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Mary-Natalie
Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2008

I am not sure if it was the worst room I have stayed in, but very close. When we got to the room, there was an unpleasant smell (sort of like cheap glue) and the floor seemed to feel dirty. When I took a towel from the bathroom and scrubbed a bit, it was literally black. I had to do the whole floor and then leave a towel by my bed. The air condition unit only works while you are in the room, and shuts off even if you open the door to the balcony. The bunk beds were built without any guard rails (not even my children wanted to risk it--and they like bunk beds).
The breakfast was stale and the muslix cereal tasted like something I would have fed my horse back on the farm. Coffee came from a machine that probably led to my dysentery. All this for for a cool 350 Euro and two nights. We couldn't get out of there fast enough.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Where do I start
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Italy_Travellers33