“Jewel on the Adriatic coast with incomparable hospitality and value!”

B&B La Torretta Bianca
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

We loved every moment of our stay here.  Thomas, Romina, Gloria and Stella
made us feel so welcome.  My daughter and I visited this lovely bed and
breakfast  March 8-12 during her spring break from an abroad program.
Thomas is from the US, so that was a great comfort to us knowing he would be
able to understand us as we made our plans around the area.  But I must tell
you, Romina, who grew up in this town,  is fluent in English as well.  She
was so helpful to us giving input on our plans before, during and after
leaving San Benedetto.  We made a 3 hour bus ride from Rome to San Benedetto
on the Roma Marche Linee.  This bus is nothing like Greyhound of the
US...doubledecker w/ concession on the first level, very clean and
comfortable and filled to the brim on a Friday evening
at 6p/17E one way).   Their home and surroundings are beautiful in
March......can you imagine when all is in bloom and their garden is bearing
fruits and vegetables? My daughter and I each had our own room on the second
floor.  Beds were comfortable and everything we needed was provided.  We
shared a very modern bathroom with a shower.  Breakfast was delicious and
generous each morning served up by an always smiling Thomas.  The restaurant
recommendations were excellent.  Some of the best meals of our trip were
here in San Benedetto.  We liked one place minutes from their home so much,
we ate there twice!  Please read the reviews by studdo and vegas hipster as
I affirm all that they say.  Thomas and Romina went above and beyond
anything I have experienced from hosts at a B&B to make our stay
outstanding.  I can not wait to return with my husband to experience
different
season at this jewel on the Adriatic coast.

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed 25 July 2011

We've been there each summer the last few years and we've always made feel like home by Romina, Thomas and little chatty Gloria. The house is very nice, located up a hill, immersed in pine trees and just a few minutes drive from San Benedetto. We definitely advice a visit when you're in the area: just don't go there late July and ask for the Olivi room: that's our turn! Enrico e Valeria

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank rexeric
Reviewed 5 May 2010

My wife and I went to Italy to try to find family near San Bennedetto that we were not sure existed. We don't speak Italian and were never in the Mache region of Italy. As luck would have it, we contacted Romina and Thomas because La Torretta Bianca looked like a great place to stay. We were absolutely correct. From the moment we arrived on Tuesday night to the morning we sadly left on Sunday morning, we completely enjoyed our experience.
Our ratings of excellent on all counts sum up the B&B itself. It was way beyond our expectations. Our experience runs deeper than the B&B. Romina & Thomas are two of the most wonderful and giving people you will ever meet. One reason we deciced on the La Torretta Bianca was because Thomas is an ex-patriot so I knew someone would understand what Americans like, and they do. (Like wash clothes and eggs)
Romina, who is native to the area, is well educated and speaks fluent English. When she learned why we were coming, to find unknown family, she went way beyond all expectations. She did somework before we arrived and helped my wife find 40 relatives (38 spoke no English) who would never have found without her help. Then, translated for us for two days of visits. She provided us with a memory that we will never forget. The B&B experience would have been enough, but we truly feel we made life long friends in Thomas and Romina.
I can go on and about what a wonderful experience we had. We will definitely be back to La Torretta in the future.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank studdo
Reviewed 17 April 2010

The service was exceptional and the room spatious and private. The location is close enough to the town to be easily accessible but far enough away to give you a sense of peace and quiet. The homemade jams and pastries were a treat each morning. The owners provided priceless advice on where to go and what to see and made me feel like I was right at home. Can't wait to go back when it's not an off season month so I can fully enjoy all the property has to offer - especially the portico porch area.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank VegasHipster
Reviewed 14 October 2009

I really was beyond pleased with everything at this B&B. First, the basics were all there. The home was very clean, the breakfast good, the grounds beautiful. My mom and I stayed in the Dependence, which is detached from the rest of the house. It has a large bedroom with a queen bed and a small kitchen/living area with a fridge, microwave, and sink. The Dependence is very close to be being handicap accessible. With a few tweaks, it would be.

The hosts are what really make the property. Romina and I corresponded before our arrival and I told her that my great-grandparents are originally from San Benedetto. She went to the city records department (twice) and retrieved records on family members. She, along with her mom, physically tracked down (as in drove around) the one remaining family member still in the area, called her, and set up a meeting complete with coffee and cookies. Later, she acted as translator at a second meeting.

Mom liked a statue in town, and Romina found a small replica for her. This is the kind of amazing hospitality that you really can’t put a price tag on. Whatever they charge- I would pay!

Finally, the property is gated and there is free wi-fi. It is about a 5-7 minute drive from old downtown and down the street from the best restaurant we ate at in Italy. Ask the hosts for recommendations, they are great! There are plenty of reading materials, in various languages, available.

The B&B is a little hard to find at first. I suggest avoiding doing this after nightfall the first time.

All in all, a fantastic experience.

• Stayed: October 2009
3  Thank jnb2375
Reviewed 8 June 2009

The Marche region of Italy is not really covered well in guidebooks but there is so much to do here, and a wonderful place to stay is La Torretta Bianca. This is a charming B&B in San Benedetto del Tronto which is central to a lot of attractions in the area. Not only that, the owners make you feel very welcome and are extremely kind and helpful in every single aspect; it is really true as a previous reviewer said that you feel as though you are staying with friends. The environment is so pretty and restful at the B&B, and Romina is an expert in things to do around the area. She doesn’t hesitate to go out of her way to help in any way she can. We could have and would have liked to stay longer. We stayed at the Dependence and it was very clean and comfortable and quiet. We just can’t say enough good things about La Torretta Bianca and the kindness of owners, Romina and Thomas. Stay here, you will be glad you did!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank asfiabrendan
Reviewed 15 May 2008

When you arrive at La Torretta Bianca and receive the warm welcome from the owners you immediately feel at home or should I rather say in a little paradise.
The view is absolutely splendid over the Adriatic sea and it is very peaceful up the hill of San Benedetto del Tronto.
We spent 1 week as a family with our 2 year old daughter and we particularly appreciated the warm welcome and very friendly atmosphere. The rooms are very spacious and tastefully furbished. The huge garden is wonderful to take a rest or play with the kids. Not to forget about the great breakfast with excellent capuccino. For us it was a great experience to stay there for one week and we really had a peaceful and relaxing vacation and will definetely go back.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family