“Great hotel, city centre location, helpfull staff, bday treat”
Review of Alexander

Alexander
Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Sanremo
Reviewed 2 November 2012

My friend and me, we stayed in hotel Alexander in september 2012! It was my friend, who booked the hotel and it was my bday, he did mention it during the booking procedure! When we arrived to the hotel, there was waiting for me bottle of prosecco and a note wishing me happy bday! I would never expect something like this and it made my day even more great. Hotel is located in the city centre, and very close to the beach promenade as well. Breakfast was served in the garden and because it was sunny day, I couldnt imagine anything nicer! Staff in the hotel was very kind and helpfull. And something else! Hotel has got few bicykles which you can rent and they rent it for FREE! And let me say, something like this, you dont see very often:-) Maybe this hotel is not the fanciest one I ever been to, but for sure it has got SOMETHING UNIQUE! I hope, they will keep it that way for the future! Definitely would come back!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zuzana169

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Just had a week here & overall very pleased. Really good and pleasant staff and nothing is too much effort for them. Large, spacious, convenient first floor room with air con & the best double glazing I've come across, shutting out the noise of the (could be busy) road. Great buffet breakfast in the gardens was really good and served from 7 to 10 each day. Take advantage of the free bike hire & go on the special dedicated coastal cycle path on the old rail track. Only suprise was the 10 euro a day car park - not mentioned on the web site, but with parking at a premium in the city I doubt if we could have parked cheaper or more safely. Would stop here again if we come again.

Room Tip: Ground floor very handy!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2012 via mobile

Travelling with two small kids. Room was spacious, clean, free wifi, air conditioned, perhaps a bit kitsch/dated on decoration, but then again the building is old. Breakfast in the garden very pleasant. Parking is valet and a bit tight, but hotel is situated in the middle of town. Definitely see the old town, which is a short stroll away. Wonderful!

Hotel has arranged discounts in a few local restaurants, and a beach- do ask about these on check in.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank aussiechick000
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We really loved this hotel ! We will remember this hotel for the friendliness of the staff/mgmt and the breakfast in the small lovely park.
The rooms are clean, the hotel is well situated in the middle of the city.
We hope to come back soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J0ergM
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Nice, family-run hotel with relaxed atmosphere centrally located in the city, easy to access by car as well as public transport – walking distance from railway station and bus terminal. Rooms are clean, decorated in traditional Italian style – not very contemporary stylish – but take it for what it is. The staff makes you feel at home, all of them are friendly, committed and walks the extra mile in case of a special request. Swift response to any query by e-mail.

We have been here twice and will certainly return when we visit Sanremo again - a lovely city by the way.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ederks
Reviewed 20 June 2012

The Hotel Alexander is a beautiful hotel in a great location, walking distance from train, on main street, close to everythng. It has a nice terrace in the front yard where they serve a very good breakfast. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff were very kind and attentive. I can't wait to return! San Remo is San Remo! Good price also.

Room Tip: We had ground floor rooms that were very convenient.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sharon W
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We have been to Italy with group of people several times and we tasted many hotels there...but this one, hotel alexander..nothing compares it..this is not only my idea...this is our group's opinion...in the heart of town...you can walk everywhere...clean..it is incredible that they solve all your problems quickly..they are tolerant to young people..always smiling...helpful..really excellent garden and breakfast...what can I say..we love you Alexander...you are our favourite...and no other hotels any more..only alexander..

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business