“Fabulous and so were the owners 10 out of 10” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Liberty

Hotel Liberty
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Sanremo
Perth, United Kingdom
“Fabulous and so were the owners 10 out of 10”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

7 nights of absolute "we are here for you comfort" Andrea's breakfasts were healthy and lots of options even a home made cake by Manuela. Hotel was spotless. And I will be returning and would recommend this gem. San remo is also a great place to stay has everything and more.

Room Tip: The next time I will be booking a room with the huge windows facing the front and pay for a double...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Soldotna, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Always a happy experience to find a gem like this little hotel. Host and hostess could not be any nicer. Breakfast is quite good, and was included in my stay. As a solo traveler on this trip, I had booked a single, and it was exactly that. It has been a long time since I've seen an actual single bed. Next time I will book a double just to be able to spread out a little as I customarily do. Small point: the hot water pressure in the shower was very weak, but once it got hot the cold water could be added to augment the pressure to a satisfactory level. Highly recommend the hotel, and San Remo is a nice place to relax. Never saw a taxi in San Remo, but since I planned to walk from the bus terminal, it is not a problem for me.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Cupar, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed at this charming hotel on the 26 August 2013. Me and my 2 friends were completing a cycle ride from Amsterdam to Milan for Cancer Research so when 3 sweaty, tired Scottish guys turn up good service is what we are looking for. The owner was there to greet us and quickly gave us our room and the use of another for our bikes and panniers. The room was spotless, with air con and a large screen tv. A balcony overlooked the streets outside with a view to the sea in the distance. The en suite was quite large and again very clean and well appointed.
Unfortunately I had broken a wheel just as we entered San Remo so the owner gave me a map with all the bike shops shown on and also pointed out all the best restaurants in the area. Unluckily all the bike shops the next day were closed until late afternoon but the owner of the hotel spent hours trying to get in touch with any bike shop or bike mechanic he could. To no avail as it turned out but man did he try!! A a result my friends pushed on the next day but the hotel allowed to keep my bike and belongings in the room until I could get it fixed with no extra charge or problems whatsoever. Breakfast was good as well and served on the ground floor with a good spread and excellent coffee.
Overall the hotel is very good but the owners charming and welcoming demeanor make it that extra bit special...so much so that I will definitely be making a return in 2014

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

On July 21st 2013, my daughter and I went to Sanremo looking for a hotel for the night. On that day, it happened to be the poker championship at the Sanremo casino. There were no hotels available. After a long day looking for hotels, we stepped in to the Hotel Liberty.The answer of the hotel owner was that there were no free rooms for that night., but Andrea took his time to search for us other hotels and after long phone calls he found us a room at other hotel and used his hotels discount to give us a comfortable hotel price for that night . He took also his time to show and explain us through map the landmarks of Sanremo and how to get there. Sometimes I wander, If wouldn't be for Andrea, where would we be spending that night? We saw the hotel, it was very clean, brand new , next to the train station, near the market and Andrea and his wife were very helpful. I rate Andrea's helpfulness and professionalism * * * * * * * * * * and his hotel* * * * * * * * * .
Thanks again Andrea !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Ajijic, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Staying at the Hotel Liberty is like staying with good friends - who let you come and go and always greet you with a smile upon your return. When I rang the bell at the front door on my arrival, Andrea greeted me, and knew my name before I had to give it to him. His wife Emanuella provided me with a map of the area, circled the key spots to see, and also told me where I should not go alone at night.

The hotel is lovely, centrally located, and a short walk from the train station. Everything of interest is a short walk from the hotel.

Breakfast was perfect - with a nice variety of foods to choose from. My favorite: the pan de chocolat. YUM!

I would recommend this hotel to travelers looking for a nice place to stay in a great location and with friendly hosts you could consider as friends.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs if you sleep in the front room as it faces the street and captures the street noise...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Barb M
Sanremo, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Charming staff who go above and beyond the call of duty to help, beautiful rooms, excellent facilities, all in the heart of beautiful San Remo. There's a nice garden area as well for sunbathing if the beach is too crowded for you.Would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

It's a small hotel, very nice and clean. It was much better than another 3* hotel I stayed at in Florence. The breakfast is not extremely rich, but delicious. The couple that owns the hotel is very friendly and helpful. The room can be a bit noisy because it's near the street, but if you close the windows, there will be no problems. Also, the beach is 5 min away from the hotel. The hotel is near the train station, so if you come by train, it's easy to reach.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple