The signs pointing to the Nyala all say that it is a 4 star hotel. This may have been the case when it was the built in the 60s, but no more. The hotel is very hard to find, and when we tried to phone to get instructions we got an Italian-only speaker who hung up on us. We eventually found it, and were told by a horribly disinterested member of staff when breakfast was and where it was, as they showed us to our "junior suite". After being bemused by the creaky lift where none of the lights worked, and the hideous 60s carpet, we found the "junior suite" consisted of a tiny room holding a divan and a cupboard (containing a miniscule fridge), a bathroom and a bedroom with a flat screen TV where none of the channels worked, and the saving grace - a HUGE terrace with a magnificent view of the Mediterranean and San Remo (but furnished with only tired plastic patio furniture).
We were also not told:
- there is a Friday night buffet, but we were not told you have to book, so we weren't allowed in for that , we went into town instead
- we asked that night if we could use the advertised casino shuttle, but it wasn't available
- we weren't told about the private beach, or when the shuttle was available
- we had to ask Miss Disinterested where the pool was, she begrudgingly took us down two lifts then informed us it closed at 6pm anyway (pathetic)
- the hotel guide only tells you about everything you shouldn't do, and what you'll get fined for
The buffet breakfast while extensive is awful, the coffee is undrinkable, the scrambled eggs (which should only be eggs, salt and pepper) are very strange tasting, and they constantly were running out of plates and juice.
We really felt like we arrived, were given a key, and farewelled 2 days later. Service non-existent, the accommodation is tired, it is a fair way out of town, go somewhere else
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A contemporary hotel resort featuring a beautiful swimming pool surrounded by a garden of majestic centennial palm trees. The Nyala Suite Hotel is a 4 star hotel completely renovated in the period 10/2009-4/2011 located in Sanremo: a contemporary structure surrounded by a garden where many species are acclimated tropical and exotic. The Nyala offers 40 traditional and spacious rooms and are all well-equipped with the most modern comforts you deserve, such as air conditioning, 32" HD LCD digital and satellite TV, Wi-Fi Internet, computer safe and minibar. Classic, contemporary furniture and decor adorn each room. All rooms have private bathrooms, with our traditional rooms equipped with a shower and our junior suites with a bathtub. Superior rooms have hydro massage. All junior suites and most other rooms were completely renovated in early 2011. Two separate rooms divide our restaurant with a beautiful veranda and are located on the ground level with large windows which overlook the scenic garden. Serving traditional Ligurian cuisine and Italian fare with a daily menu of four courses offering half or full portions as well as an a la carte menu featuring land and sea fare. In additional, we offer an impressive wine selection. Renovated in 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nyala Suite Hotel San Remo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nyala Suite San Remo
- San Remo Nyala Suite