“Amazing Stay”

Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Sanremo
McCall, Idaho
“Amazing Stay”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We spent two rainy days in Sanremo and had a wonderful time. Our stay at the Hotel Villa Sylva was perfect. The property is beautiful. Our room was spacious, clean, well appointed and modern. The service was incredible, every little thing that we could have possibly wanted was supplied. We ate one dinner and two breakfasts in their dining room. The food was good. The location is good. It is up the hill from the main road and so you are removed from the hustle and bustle, but still close enough to everything. We arrived by bus (the train was down) and walked from the station. It was an easy walk (even in the rain). I can only imagine how beautiful this property would be on a sunny day. We will return and will recommend this hotel to all who ask.

Room Tip: If you are going during good weather, make sure you get a room with a balcony. The views are stupend...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zeitzgirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Lovely old style villa newly renovated. Great way to explore San Remo and surrounding.
Providing great value for money.
Fastastic staff, especially Valentina & Mirco, excellent location and we stayed 3 nights instead of 1.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank DijanaZDJ
novi sad
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Vila Sylva is perfect choice for those ho looking for the sea, beaches and swimming, but at the same time wants a lot of things to see. Best thing is position – near city center, about 10 minutes walk, but still very peaceful and hidden in the threes, on foot step from the sea. It’s very important in San Remo, because city center is too busy with crowd and especially traffic, and peaceful relax in city center hotels is impossible on my opinion. Hotel is next to the Vila Nobel and it’s wonderful garden, as same as Vila and Ormond gardens. Also, if you have car, main roads to France – Menton, Monaco. Eze… is easily to reach, and Bussana Vechia is on 10 min drive.
Hotel has an atmosphere off nobility and past San Remo, the old part is authentic noble villa from XVIII century, and the new part is quite comfortable and also in authentic style. New rooms are spacious, with separated wardrobe, there are new tv and the A C. Gem off the rooms in new part are very spacious balconies, just right in front off the sea and pines, and it’s really wonderful mornings here, with this magnificent view and bird songs!
Garden off the hotel is on few levels, exotic and mediteranean, with beautiful lawn where you can drink your morning coffee and spend peaceful afternoon.
Near the hotel is promenade with bicikles rent which is extremely popular her, down on the street, next to the hotel is supermarket Conad, pharmacy, bakery, souvenir shops, bus station. Railway station is 5 minute on foot.
On 5-10 minutes easy walk there is a several beaches, one public and the other private. Everyone has a sunbeds ( 7 eur whole day or 3,5 half day – from 13,00-19,00h) and umbrellas for 7-8 eur.
Your car is safe in hotel backyard which is isolated, and also protected from the sun under the palm trees.
And one off the best things in Vila Sylva is stuff, very friendly and helpful! Our child has a virus, and they help us in every moment and every way, they even prepared special food for him! We are very helpful for this!
Absolutely recommended!

Room Tip: First floor with the balcony have a great sea view
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I understand this is a budget hotel, but the rude staff and management make it seem like more of a flop house! The rooms are cramped and poorly decorated - even by European standards. The hallways are dark and dirty. The management and staff were constantly smoking INSIDE the hotel lobby and their offices which are adjacent to the dining room. The wifi has an AWFUL connection and the staff are incredibly rude about giving you an access code.

I spent a week here in May of 2012 and the temperature was not unbearable hot, but warm. Leaving my windows open would generally suffice in cooling the room, however I was placed in a room on the ground floor and the noise and lights from the parking lot outside made sleep impossible! People were returning at all hours, loud and drunk, and I could not sleep. There are air conditioners in all the rooms, but the management had shut them off. I asked MULTIPLE times if they could turn mine on, or fix it and was always given the same response: "I will have to ask the manager tomorrow." FINALLY, I spoke directly to the manager who gave me some b/s story about a city ordinance not allowing them to turn on the air con until late July. I know this to be a lie, however, since I had friends staying at another hotel nearby where the air con worked perfectly! Furthermore, the buildings around town in which I had meetings were all air conditioned. Not only did Hotel Sylva refuse to provide a service which I had paid for, but they blatantly insulted me by lying to my face.

The icing on the cake was the "continental breakfast." At the start of the week, the breakfast was fine. Food options were ok and relatively plentiful. Except the coffee, which was always burnt. However, as the week progressed and the management noticed that the group I was with was taking advantage of this included breakfast every morning, they began hiding food. I couldn't make this up! First to go were hot items like boiled eggs. The the pastries disappeared. Next the fresh OJ and milk. By the last day we were left with two options of cookies and coffee.

I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. There are many other budget hotel options in San Remo, such as Hotel Festival, that follow through with promised services and are closer to the center of town. I hope this place goes bust.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank Chase H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I'm surprised to see some of the positive reviews for this hotel. The room I had was bare, the carpets dirty and stained, the walls grubby and marked. The bathroom was totally clapped out and just a cheap plastic cubical for the shower, where the doors wouldn't shut. The furniture in the room was just cheap and mismatched. I didn't try the tv, but it was also outdated. The staff were pleasant and spoke good English. The outside of the building is charming and it is fairly convenient for the town. Plenty of parking. But, for the price paid, this was very disappointing.

Room Tip: Ask to see it before you pay!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank AXN-UK
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Though this villa is old, the stay there can be very pleasant. The staff was nice, location is excellent and breakfast and dinner quite acceptable. There is a beach close to the hotel (less than 300 mt).

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susana1812
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a week while being trained for a job. I bunked with 3 other people who were being trained. The room was very cute, with 2 single beds and one bunkbed. We had the corner room with an ENORMOUS balcony! The bathroom was big and fairly clean. The room came with a safe, a tv, wifi, and free breakfast every morning. The beds were clean which is the most important part! The only issue was the shower. Water would leak everywhere, and the shower curtain seemed a bit dingy. Although I didn't have any issues, some of my collegues reported having money stolen from their luggages. I locked my suitcase every day just to make sure, so I didn't have any issues. Also, my key broke while I inserted it into the door, but they came fairly quickly to fix it. The staff were quite kind considering how many people we were. My only real issue was with the hotel keys. Before leaving, we always needed to leave our key on the hook on the front. The thing is, anybody can walk in an take any key...I doubt the desk-manager remembers which room everyone is in! All in all, a great and comfortable trip!

Room Tip: WIFI cuts in and out when too many people go online, so sit downstairs outside of the dining room/ba...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business