I booked the villa for the second leg of our Italian adventure, and after spending two days in the hustle and bustle of beautiful Rome, we were looking forward to the chilled out luxury of Sorrento.
We were advised to get the train to Sant'Agnello and managed to follow signs pretty much right round to the villa, which is located right next to a gorgeous viewing spot. You can see right over the water. It took us roughly 15-20 minutes to get there.
The house is every bit as stunning as I was expecting from the images on the website, it really didn't disappoint. The furnishing and decor is so tasteful and pristine. We checked in with the super helpful Emeliana, who was a pleasure to deal with throughout the holiday, and always on hand for us to ask questions to. She was never once pushy or intrusive, she just let us get about our business and was there if needed, which in my opinion makes the perfect hostess.
We were lead outside the main building to the suite outside in the lemon grove, which was just stunning. It has its own outdoor shower, table and chairs and two sunloungers. Two glass doors opened out into the garden and the bed was huge, with a massive shower (best shower ever!) and couch for us to relax on. The bottle of prosecco I had requested was ready and waiting, with a bowl of olives, two chocolates and a welcome note.
Breakfast in the morning was delicious, and I came to absolutely love the croissants with thinly sliced hams and cheeses - I could eat that every day! The coffee was brewed to perfection. The only thing I would say was if you wanted a coffee during the day, they'd happily make one for you - at a price. I think it would be a nice touch to keep this small luxury free. Just my opinion though.
The pool area, and the general surrounding areas of the hotel, were just amazing. We didn't have very hot weather so unfortunately couldn't take advantage of that, but I can just see myself lounging there in the height of summer, G&T in hand. They provide towels for you too, if you wish.
We never ate in the hotel, and I got the impression that they didn't really want to take lunch or dinner orders, but the dining area around the outside pizza oven looked lovely.
The villa was a little far out of Sorrento for my personal liking, around a 25 minute walk through thin paths and sometimes unlit areas. Do not get a cab though - it takes around 4 minutes to get back to the villa, and costs 19-22 euros! Absolutely shocking! Sorrento is just stunning though, and Sant'Agnello didn't have much to do, so you'd have to go there.
Overall, I loved the villa, and I loved Sorrento. It is pricey, and this is probably a more expensive alternative to a hotel, but it's so, so worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa dei D'Armiento is a new Maison De Charme in Sorrento Peninsula. The Boutique Villa is a beautiful example of an ancient liberty style construction, finalized at the end of the 18th century and restaurated in the 2010. The Villa is simply a small corner of paradise where people can relax in its green garden with swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Villa is far 50 meters from the beach and 1km from Sorrento center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Villa dei D'Armiento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Dei d`Armiento Hotel Sant`Agnello
- Villa Dei D'Armiento Italy/Province Of Naples