“Good food for the money”
Review of Da Peppino

Da Peppino
Ranked #11 of 64 Restaurants in Sant'Agnello
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The food is good, god risotto al limone , the table wine not so good , i wish that they would offer better wine by the glass , I would have pay extra, but they only offer bottles and not half bottle , if you are solo traveler , you either order the whole bottle of a better wine , or you are stuck with the table wine , better order a beer or water . The food was very good and the price is reasonable and abordable

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I lived in Sorrento for 3 months, Da Peppinos is what I miss about it the most! A classically trained chef my self, I have tried to recreate this succulent, divinely juicy, superbly flavored spit fire roast chicken, but Mamma Mia, I simply can't. I crave the chicken, with potatoes under it, and chicken drippings. Oh my God, if I had a jet to fly, I would go back to Santo Angllo just for the chicken at Da Peppinos.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stopped in to Da Peppino of a lunchtime and as we are always on the lookout for real Italian cuisine, we picked out Da Peppino.

It is a comfortable roadside eatery with plenty staff serving sit-down diners and takeaway customers who were buying the just cooked rotisserie chickens!

We sat down and service was quick, if a little cold (over the meal, we established only one of the three waiters was a bit off, the other two were very polite).

The real star of Da Peppino's is the food. Scratch made as you come to expect from the area but the dishes are excellent and when I say excellent, I really mean out of this world. The pasta is incredible and my Wife said she has never tasted Gnocchi like she had at Peppino's - high praise indeed. What's more, they give you a huge portion and leave you very satisfied.

I was saddened by some other UK diners asking for UK style food etc. They do not know what they were missing.

The Food is incredible and keeps in with the area theme of authenticity. My final point is the price. Excellent value.

We'll be back.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Firstly-travelling in the area, remember virtually nothing is open on Sunday after midday (this place was the only thing we could find). The waiter was nice and friendly and spoke english, and the food was reasonably priced for what we got (pasta, bread, drinks and chips). It was better than a lot of the "bolognese" I have had in Italy because it actually had a decent amount of meat in it, not just sauce. Would eat here again.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Food was really delicious, service was very good. Waiters spoke good english, and place was busy and atmospheric. Crammed with Italian locals getting take away. Spit roast chickens.