Stayed for 2 week at the Hotel Caravel in July this was our first visit to Sorrento and we loved it. The hotel was spotless the staff very friendly and helpful . We had a room on the third floor overlooking the pool and the garden area which was lovely. The views from the sun terrace are great although we always sat by the pool. Everything around the hotel was clean and well maintained. Sun beds were always avaliable. We were half board with breakfast and evening meal. The food was great buffet breakfast , dinner was salad then 3 courses we started missing the salad as it was too much for us. The hotel runs a curtsey bus into Sorrento centre just tell reception if you want to use it places are limited as it is shared with another hotel. We used this a few times but enjoyed the walk into town about 20 mins. Lovely garden area for drinks in the evening and generally chilling out.
We found the hotel to be a great location for us we liked the peace at night. The local bus takes 5 mins and there is also a train station nearby.
What really makes this hotel a real winner is the staff Roberta is lovely she serves at the bar along with Max and Guiseppe they make a great team. The waiters in the restaurant were very helpful . Reception staff are very knowledgeable about the local area and very willing to help with enquiries. Our room was cleaned by a lovely lady who was constantly smiling and singing everyone just seemed so friendly.
Took local bus into Amalfi the onto Ravello its a must do journey 7.20 Euros 24 hr ticket buy it from the little shop at the bus station great value hop on and off where you want. We took the train to Naples very crowded but great fun , didn't like Naples but glad we visited there are some lovely building but it's covered in rubbish. Take the ferry back more expensive but lovely.
Easy to get to Carpri with the local ferry much cheaper the travel companies. Pompeii is easy to get to via the train it's vast and well worth a visit.
Sorrento is compact lovely narrow streets to investigate and sitting in Tasso Square watching the world go by and the traffic is very entertaining. Would love to go back and would definately return to hotel Caravel. Thanks to all at Caravel hioe to visit again soon. Yvonne & Eric Elderslie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- change Primary photo from ownerphoto edit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Caravel Sorrento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caravel Hotel Sant Agnello
- Hotel Caravel Sorrento Italy/Province Of Naples