Pleasant with helpful staff, although the penny-pinching policies left a sour taste (e.g. free wifi, but you have to pay 2 euros to obtain the code! Really!?
Very clean and tidy rooms, with safe (free!) and small fridge, although the bed was incredibly uncomfortable. I ended up sleeping on pillows because the mattress was so hard. Reasonable storage space.
Views of differing quality - we overlooked the pool, which was nice, but the other side of the hedge was a block of flats, the rear of which seemed to be a dumping area. Our friends' room was smaller, but had a beautiful view across the gardens.
The real "downer" was Sant Agnello. Forget the blurb about pleasant bars and "lovely beach nearby". The main road is noisy and dangerous, and the bars are basic. The beach is tiny and at the bottom of a steep cliff, only accessible via an unpleasant tunnel or from the lift, which brings you out in the café/restaurant, where you are invited to eat/drink or pay!
Far removed from the impression that you can stroll along the sea front or through the town and enjoy the visit - such a shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- change Primary photo from ownerphoto edit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Caravel Sorrento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caravel Hotel Sant Agnello
- Hotel Caravel Sorrento Italy/Province Of Naples