I give this hotel 5/5 on the basis that it was great value for money and I had a really nice holiday
It is a good hotel but I have stayed in better although I would not hesitate to recommend.
A few tips:
- There is a pretty good supermarket right down the street for buying lunches.
- Train and bus tickets are sold at the front desk in the hotel.
- Don't walk down Corso Italia to get to Sorrento, take the coastal route!
- The road outside the hotel is actually very busy and although every room as a balcony we did not use ours much because of the terrible noise and fumes.
- Noise from this road is not an issue inside as our room seemed to have very good soundproofing and a huge automatic metal shutter to keep the noise and the sun out.
- I would say the food is generally above average, with some pretty good dishes. Plenty of choice, generous portions and a big breakfast.
- The best meal of the week is gala dinner night (the Thursday). Mixed starters including Parma ham and melon, lasagne, roast turkey and baked Alaska. If you skip dinner to eat out do it some other evening!
- Never had any bother at the pool getting a lounger etc.
- Most guests at this hotel and English and Irish.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alpha Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpha Hotel Sorrento
- Alpha Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples