I stayed here in 2009 in July for 8 nights, i remember it being up a steep hill in Sant Agnello, after a taxi ride at midnight from Naples airport which cost about 120 Euros ( i had battered the driver and his bunch of mafiosi down from 160!!! ) i was quite amazed to walk into a huge marble and gold reception with deserted ( all week ) piano bar, restaurant, breakfast room and rooftop pool, The bathroom in the room was adorned with bright yellow and blue decandent tiling with pseudo-Baroque fittings in gold .... all very nice. Room view - tiny French balcony looking out onto delapidated farm at the back - the top rooms were facing the pool at a million pounds each. It's been a long time from stay to review but stumbled upon this hotel by accident. I didn't pay for it and neither would i but it was a very nice place with superb food ( went half board ). Waiters and staff made a real fuss of us which was great, the highlight was Tony's bar in the centre, he's very funny and quite an extrovert. To be honest i don't like Sant Agnello or Sorrento, i think it's a grubby traffic-strewn place, and found the sea scummy and nappy-ridden, there are many more fabulous towns in this beautiful country and prefer further south personally where there are more Italians and not ex-pats from Eastbourne and LA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel La Pace has been built combining extraordinary ideas from the past historic luxury and today’s contemporary amenities. When you first step into our magnificent lobby, with its grand scale and splendid detail, you might think you’ve been transported back to the 20th Century, when great Hotels were built with marble and stone, not glass and steel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hotel la Pace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sant Agnello
- Grand Hotel La Pace Sorrento
- Grand Hotel La Pace Italy/Province Of Naples