This hotel's marketing strategy needs a serious review. We tried their restaurant one evening and to have look around as a possible hotel to stay at on our next visit to Sorrento. We arrived at 8.30pm without a booking. We were greeted in the virtually empty restaurant by Mr Roberto, the restaurant manager. When we explained we wanted to eat, he seemed a little surprised and even more so when we twice assured him we weren't staying at the hotel. 4 courses were served in under an hour and by 10.00pm Mr R and his two floor staff were visibly itching to go home. The food was edible, the wine was fine (we chose that!), but 5, 4 or 3 star it wasn't. It never ceases to amaze why a restaurant is empty - why have one if you're going to treat your customers in the manner we were. Alas, no we won't be returning to this hotel, which incidentally is very dated in decor and probably needs a total makeover of the building, its staff and its attitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel La Pace has been built combining extraordinary ideas from the past historic luxury and today’s contemporary amenities. When you first step into our magnificent lobby, with its grand scale and splendid detail, you might think you’ve been transported back to the 20th Century, when great Hotels were built with marble and stone, not glass and steel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hotel la Pace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sant Agnello
- Grand Hotel La Pace Sorrento
- Grand Hotel La Pace Italy/Province Of Naples