When we first arrived at La Pace the place looks like an amazing 5 star hotel. That is about where it ended after walking into the lobby. While very ornate and stately, the place is just worn out and tired. Everything needs a facelift. The rooms are a decent size and I thought the bed was comfortable. Nice french doors to let fresh air in. However, the bathroom was another story. It looked like there was water damage on the floor next to the shower and I came to find otu that the shower leaked like a sieve. There was no caulking on the glass side of the shower and every time we showered we had to put towles down to soak up the water. The water temp went from hot to cool to cold to scaulding. It was very difficult to regulate. The food at breakfast and at dinner was horrendous. The eggs were barely cooked and the fish at dinner was so salty it was inedible. The one redeeming thing was the spa. Both my husband and I had massages that were very relaxing and very reasonably priced for a hotel spa. (50 minutes for 45 euros - about the same as in the U.S.) One other nice thing was that the hotel had a shuttle bus that ran into Sorrento a few times a day. We did take it back to the hotel after dinner one night. All in all, I would not recommend this hotel and I do not think I would stay here again unless there was some updating to the place and they hired a new chef.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel La Pace has been built combining extraordinary ideas from the past historic luxury and today’s contemporary amenities. When you first step into our magnificent lobby, with its grand scale and splendid detail, you might think you’ve been transported back to the 20th Century, when great Hotels were built with marble and stone, not glass and steel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hotel la Pace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sant Agnello
- Grand Hotel La Pace Sorrento
- Grand Hotel La Pace Italy/Province Of Naples