The La Pace has certain shortcomings which are you either can or can't live with.
It is quite a distance from Sorrento town centre, although the coach transfers are useful, and a short walk down hill (10 mins) will take you to the train station at Sant'Agnello. We never attempted the walk to Sorrento, and would suggest only the most determined do. The public areas of the hotel seemed large in comparison to the number of rooms, which is made worse by the number of coach parties the hotel seems to cater for, as on some days it seemed there were only half a dozen guests.
The Breakfast buffet was poor. The juices, from machines, were either watery or toe curlingly sweet. Choices were limited, and were designed for those with a particularly sweet tooth. Service was slow, but warmed up as the week went on.
The rooms were clean, although the lemon yellow tiles on the floor and in the bathrooms do take a while to get used to. The ant infestation in our bathroom on the second day (we were on the 5th floor) and the receptionists 'the cleaner will deal with it' approch did nothing to allay my concerns that that began with mould around the shower surrounds.
All in all, a good hotel if you are prepared to ignore some of the finer details, but more in line with expectations of a four star, than a five star. For true five star luxury the Grand Vittoria is still the one to beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel La Pace has been built combining extraordinary ideas from the past historic luxury and today’s contemporary amenities. When you first step into our magnificent lobby, with its grand scale and splendid detail, you might think you’ve been transported back to the 20th Century, when great Hotels were built with marble and stone, not glass and steel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , bedfinder AG, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Hotel la Pace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sant Agnello
- Grand Hotel La Pace Sorrento
- Grand Hotel La Pace Italy/Province Of Naples