Really brilliant and underrated hotel - I'd read varying reviews before going and was hugely impressed once I arrived. The rooms were spotless and very quiet (a fantastic night's sleep), and when there was a slight problem with our initial room we were upgraded immediately at the hotel's suggestion. The location is great, about 20-30 minutes' stroll into Sorrento, and there is a fantastic lido 5 minutes' walk away where you can sunbathe by the sea. The pool area is also great - it was very quiet when we were there most days. The food at the hotel is fine - breakfast is standard, and dinner is perfectly OK but a bit uninspiring. Giving the fantastic restaurants a short walk away, this wasn't an issue.
I'd definitely stay at the Majestic Palace again - the hotel is lovely, and really well-located for the train station (30 mins to Pompeii, 60 to Naples). It was ideal for a couples' week away, where we wanted to explore the area- I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for people with children who need a lot of attention (the pool is fairly small and there's not a huge amount for kids to do) or for anyone not keen to do the walk into Sorrento. We're in our 20s and were definitely the youngest couple there, but hugely enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples