I’ve just returned from a week’s stay with a friend, travelling with Archers. On arrival at the hotel, we were quickly welcomed by the Reception staff and given a keycard to our room. We requested a second card and were given it immediately. Our 4th (top) floor twin room was not huge but perfectly adequate for our needs as we didn’t intend to spend much time in it. There was plenty of hanging space in the wardrobe and lots of drawer space. The wardrobe contained a safe for which there was no charge. (Rather alarmingly, when we first locked the safe the locking bolt came out with the key in it but, when we asked at Reception we were told that that’s normal, however you need to carry the bolt around with you unless you are happy to hide it somewhere in your room!) The bathroom was large with a basin, bidet, bath and shower (over the bath). Once you’d set your preferred temperature for the shower it stayed constant in the mornings but in the late afternoons/evenings was less reliable due to the fact that many other guests were showering/bathing ready for the evening and there was constant demand on the water supply, resulting in the shower running hot and cold without warning. Towels were changed twice during our stay but bed linen only once - rather strangely on the day before our departure. There was a mini-bar and a pay-to-view Sky TV. The beds were on the harder side of medium but beds are a very personal choice so no complaints. There was an effective air-con system which was controlled from a panel on the wall. The room was cleaned and beds made every day except one when it was missed. We reported this to Reception when we returned after a day out and asked that it be done when we were dining but all that was done was that the beds were made – we could have done that ourselves. We had a spacious balcony with loungers, overlooking Sant’Agnello, the Bay of Naples and Vesuvius. Overall, the room was adequate and clean but a little tired-looking.
We were on half-board and found the breakfast buffet to be very good. There was a choice of 3 cereals, 3 fruit juices (orange was very good), ham, cheese, fresh tomatoes, fresh fruits, breads, preserves, yoghurts, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, pastries and croissants. Also coffee and a choice of teas. Our only criticism would be that the cooked food was the same every morning. Our evening meals had 3 or 4 choices for the starter and main and a choice of 2 desserts. We enjoyed the food very much for the first 4 days but then there were a few repeats of choices from earlier in the week eg I had ‘rural pie’ one evening and the same (or very similar) dish appeared later in the week called ‘omelette’. The fish choices were always fresh and well-cooked and the pasta dishes were excellent.
The public areas were clean and cool with a decor reminiscent of the 19th century. The pool was clean and inviting with plenty of sunbeds in both shade and sun.
Our main negative points were the plumbing which needs bringing up to modern standards and the rather haphazard housekeeping. Also, the hotel shows signs of wear-and-tear in places.
However, there are many more positive than negative points - the staff were consistently helpful and friendly. The dining room was light and airy with a tasteful decor and immaculately clean. The location is wonderful, in a quiet road but only 10 minutes walk from the Circumvesuviana railway which connects all the coastal towns in the area from Naples to Sorrento, and 30 minutes leisurely walk from Sorrento town.
The hotel is a comfortable and welcoming one which, as an older single woman, I would be more than happy to return to on my own in order to take in more of the wonderful sights of the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples