I stayed with a party of seven (5 adults 2 children) spread across 3 rooms. All the rooms were clean and of a good size so there was plenty of space even in the room where 3 people stayed.
The view from our balcony on the third floor at the back was great looking over the garden of the hotel and towards Sorrento and you could just see the sea looking through the gaps in other buildings. From the front balconies you looked over the pool area at one end and a sun terrace over the other and quite a lot of the bay of Naples although due to other buildings you'd have to be on the fourth floor to be sure of seeing it all and also to have a view of Vesuvius.
We stayed half board for 14 nights and the dining was excellent if a little repetitive the 4 choices for starters were normally either a combination of 2 out of ham, cheese and melon, a form of vegetable soup and 2 types of pasta 1 with meat the other without. The mains were 1 fish dish, 2 meat dishes, and some form of vegetarian option all served with potato and 1 vegetable, although if none of the above mains appealed you could always order a plate of chips and a burger instead. Drinks cost extra with even a bottle of water costing E2.50 and I can't vouch for the quality of the wine but I don't recall seeing a bottle for less than E15.00. Breakfast was as you'd expect with a good selection of juices bread, rolls and
croissants with fillings, also scrambled egg a continental sausage and thin bacon was available.
The pool area was kept clean with a reasonable amount of sun beds with and deck chairs although they were in the shade for part of the day but there was another sun terrace with sun beds which caught the sun all day. The pool itself wouldn't be suitable for small children as the shallowest part was 1.2m deep with only an under the surface wall with gaps protecting a 1.8m section and not far from the 3m part which takes up almost half the area.
There's a small beach 100yds away which charges E5 to venture on to and another E5 for a sun bed.
The pool bar/cafe was very pleasant with efficient service and all staff were polite and helpful with reception even doing me a spare key card at half midnight on the night I arrived. The decor in the public areas is clean with plenty of interesting sculptures and painting.
The music in the bar in the evenings was a bit too loud really and could certainly be heard in the rooms but it did finish at half eleven and the bar would normally shut then but they would carry on if the demand was there.
San Agnello has a couple of bars but the walk into Sorrento takes 25mins with a couple of bars on the way and although the main road doesn't make for a pleasant walk you can avoid the main roads for most of the way.
All in all a great holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples