Did not find the staff a friendly as other people seem to have done. Yes they were polite but nothing more than you expect & after 10 nights they were still asking which room we were in - and there were probably only about 20 rooms occupied. Eye contact as you return to the hotel after a day out? - None! They seem to have other computer related things to do than say "Hello".
Yes they gave us a nice cake for our anniversary but we could not get a drink of anything at dinner (not even water) without paying for it!
Breakfast - probably the worst I have ever had in a hotel! The only thing hot was scrambled egg, greasy bacon, yesterday's (probably) beans and small sausages. That did not change for the entire 11 nights. If you wanted any other type of egg (boiled, fried, etc.) then you pay extra.
Choice of first course - muesli (with milk if you were down in time) or yoghurt! It was not much better then the breakfast I grab before going out to work in the morning!
We arrived and (as requested when booking) were given a room on the 4th floor but before we had reached the lift that was changed and we were given a room on the first floor with a view that was blocked by the garden hedge. The change seems to have been prompted by the arrival of another guest 2 minutes after us.
Drinks at the bar - one wine and one whiskey = €14!
I mentioned our anniversary - when we returned after being out for the day we found a nice bottle of liqueur and 2 glasses on the dresser, very nice. When we checked out a few days later they had added it to the bill!
Location - OK but not brilliant - 10 minutes to the station or bus stop, or 35 minutes walk into Sorrento along a road that sometimes has and sometimes does not have suitable pavements. Not a relaxing walk as you have to keep both eyes open for cars and motor cycles/scooters.
No beach nearby though you can go down to the sea 10 minutes away and walk down the steep climb (or take a lift for €0.60) and then pay about €20 to get onto the sunbathing platform and hire a deck chair.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples