We booked in March to spend a week here in June. I. Approx 2 weeks later after reading some reviews on Trip advisor we emailed them and TOLD THEM THE WEBSITE WE USED AND QUOTED OUR REFERENCE NUMBER requesting a quiet room.They emailed back and assured us we would have a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the gardens.We were taken aback when we arrived and this was not the case. However the person on the desk was sorting it out when an older Manager intervened and told us we would have to pay extra despite our trying to point out to him that we had already been told we would get a room overlooking the gardens.He seemed to be enjoying our confusion and annoyance.Lucky for us the Lady owner arrived on the scene and sorted the problem although she did not have the full story and tried to tell us it was merely a request, Our point being the request had been granted when we got the reply.When we returned home we checked the email communication we had with the hotel and realised we had made it quite clear WHERE we booked and our reference number in the email we sent (2 WEEKS AFTER BOOKING) We are not complaining about which room we got as we got it sorted whilst we were there. However we feel it was badly handled and have since been in contant with Guiseppe who has apoliged and told us it should never have happened and it was a "misunderstanding between him and the other Manager",However we would have prefered any one of them to have acknowledged their mistake during the week we were there and not put us under a compliment. Because of this unpleasantness we did not use the restaurant in the evening deciding to spend our money where it might be appreciated. We found the breakfast quite good and the location was perfect for us and we enjoyed our stay despite all the unpleasantness we encountered on arrival.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples