“Great staff and a nice place to stay, but there is room to improve”

Majestic Palace Hotel
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Sant'Agnello
Stokesley
“Great staff and a nice place to stay, but there is room to improve”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

No, this hotel is not perfect by any means, and we found a few things wrong, but first and foremost, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful about trying their best to put things right for us, so I have nothing but praise for Giuseppe and the rest of them.
As you read through the issues we had, bear in mind that we had a wonderful holiday in Sorrento and the hotel was part and parcel of that, with lots of good stuff I am mentioning too that more than makes up for said issues. By the way, when I say friendly, I don’t mean they are going to be laughing and joking with you the whole way through your holiday, or be there to socialise with when you’ve run out of things to talk about with your partner. They smile, they are helpful (remember if you complain grumpily to anyone, you are hardly likely to see them at there best, but “ask” for help and people are normally happy to fix things for you), were completely approachable and were always professional and courteous.
So, we arrived late after delays to other flights which left us sitting on a coach for an hour and a half in the heat outside the airport. It might have been nice if the Thompson reps had at the very least got the driver to turn the aircon on in the coach while we waited, but I guess you could always wait outside the coach in the comfortably furnished (please note the sarcasm here) car park in the sunshine. When we finally set off there was no rep on board either which surprised me. For the start of the holiday, not many points on the plus side for Thompson. I know they cannot be blamed for flight delays, but as usual the feedback was always geared to make things sound better rather than tell you what is actually going on – i.e. “It’ll be about a half hour wait”, when in fact it was triple that.
Anyway, we were arriving at the hotel late, and perhaps a tad grumpy so when we got to our room (Room 22, ground floor at the back, which is down a level from reception) a few things were there to gripe about which sent us back up to talk with reception. Firstly the aircon was not operating and we were “mafting”, there was no light next to the mirror (for blokes that don’t understand this comment, it’s a lady thing to do with makeup application), and the extractor fan wasn’t doing anything in a bathroom that smelt a little funny. The main thing being the aircon, as being on the ground floor we didn’t really want to sleep with the doors open for obvious security reasons. Anyway, we asked if there was any chance of an upgrade to a higher up balcony room (we were happy to pay the extra involved) but sadly the hotel was full so no joy there. Reception did say it was a change over day the next day, so would try to sort out another room the next day.
To cut a long story short, we noticed later on that the doors had slatted shutters on the outside so we could sleep with those locked and still get ventilation, the next day we had a new table lamp, the aircon was fixed, together with a blown bulb we also commented on, an ashtray had been brought down for me (filthy pariah that I am) and they had even found a handheld hairdryer for my wife (as the built in one wasn’t powerful enough for her. And still they were trying to sort out another room. At which point we conceded that they had done enough to make the current room absolutely fine for us and asked if they would be glad to see the back of us. To which they replied happily that it was “no problem. It is your holiday and we want to make it right for you”.
So 10 out of 10 for service so far!
One other minor point about the room which would be cheap for the hotel to fix was the lack of anything to hang towels on in the bathroom. Just a hook on the back of the door would do.
Other than that our room was spacious with high ceilings, very nice furniture (including a bureau which I loved) and comfy enough beds. It would have been nice if there was a second “comfy” chair other than the dinning table style one at the dressing table, as I do spend a bit of time in the room while my wife is doing the war paint, but that’s a minor point. There are plenty of sockets about including a “thick” pin one in the bathroom to take a hairdryer or such. (Most of the sockets in the room are thin pin – which most euro adapter fit – but are designed for lower power consumption, but there are a couple of thick pin ones in the room too – just not by the dressing table).
The bathroom has both a shower cubicle and a bath (with Jacuzzi, but I never trust those so didn’t try it), and a bidet, which is a novelty to most Brits. Towels are provided: 2 bath, 2 hand and 2 bidet one.
On the terrace outside are two hammock style chairs which are nice if you want some peace and quite to sun yourself in the afternoon. Hedges to either side give the terrace a bit of privacy, but the view straight out is to a wall, albeit covered in greenery with the orange trees popping up above it. There’s also a small plastic table to put your drink on.
Other rooms further up in the hotel looked to be much smaller when we glanced through the open doors as they were being cleaned. How much you need lots of space is up to you versus the desire for a balcony room at the extra cost.
We were on a half board basis, and the evening meals have been fairly good with a three course meal that is waiter served from a choice on a menu of 4 starters, 4 mains and two desserts. This menu varies each night but if you are there for two weeks you will start to see repetition. It certainly is a change from the buffet style eating I’m used to in half board or all inclusive places I’ve been in before. There is also a good wine menu to go with the meal with house wine at 20 euros a bottle or 5 euros a glass. In general though, the starters seemed to be so much better than the main courses, which occasionally suffered from using poor cuts of meat and boiled to death broccoli. On a few I asked for two starters instead of having a main - a request that the hotel was happy to accommodate. I was happy with most of the things I ate but I am not a particularly fussy eater, whereas my wife very rarely managed to enjoy the main course at all. Any drinks you want with dinner are added to your bill. Desserts could do with a little cream to go with them for my taste, and we only found out on the last day that the staff were happy to add some ice cream to the side if you asked, although I have no idea if this would be an additional charge or not as I found out to late to try.
Breakfast isn’t quite so good, and although, again, it was fine for me, I can understand some of the previous reviews not rating it highly. It is a little limited compared to most hotels I’ve stayed in, but for me breakfast is just about stoking the boiler for the day, so it didn’t worry me too much. The buffet for breakfast never varies (then again, I have rarely stayed in a hotel where the breakfast menu did) and if you want any type of egg other than scrambled, then it’s an extra change. So cooked breakfast is scrambled eggs, very streaky bacon, bite sized hotdog style sausages, tomatoes and beans in sauce (do not expect Heinz here by the way). On the cold side there is one (occasionally two) type of cheese, ham, salami, breads, a small range of fruit, corn flakes, bran flakes, muesli, one pastry type, croissants, a few sponge cakes and fruit tarts, jam, honey, yogurts, and a few other bits I might have forgotten. There’s a coffee machine and tea or fresh fruit juice available too.
You have a table allocated to you but it’s not shared so there is no time restrictions to when you arrive to eat within the operating hours (7 to 10 am and pm for breakfast and dinner respectively) and the dinning area is nicely presented with white table clothes and fabric chair covers that help deaden the echoing that plagues many hotel dinning rooms. Be aware though that your allocated table is only really reserved for dinner. Although the little tag with your room number on it stays on the table the whole time, anyone can sit anywhere for breakfast. It does get a tad warm of an evening in the dinning room and it probably would be a lot more pleasant in there if the windows had been opened on those warm days. However we never asked for this to be done so I don’t know if the hotel would be just as obliging about this if we had as they were about everything else.
So in summary, as far as eating is concerned, if you are at all a fussy eater then I’d look elsewhere (and ask why are you going half board to start with?) but if not then hopefully you should be able to eat OK here.
The pool is nice as it has some shape to it rather than a boring rectangle, and the surrounding terraces have sun beds and some comfy wicker style sofas. The top terrace is outside the bar looking down onto the pool where there are shady dinning tables and some easy chairs and sofas if you are just having a drink or escaping the sun for a bit. The sun beds have an attached sunshade that can angle over your head but there are no parasols at all so if you want full shade you have to nab the few sun beds that at least are shaded by trees in the morning. By afternoon you are either a sun seeker, have slapped on factor 200 sun block, or retired to the bar. In general though, I liked the pool area because of the terracing, greenery and shape of the pool. The whole effect makes it a pleasant place to be, unlike a few hotels I’m been to where the pool area is a bare white rectangle of a courtyard round a rectangle of water. You get towel tokens to exchange at the bar for towels for the sun beds. Don’t think you haven’t been understood if you get given what look like tablecloths instead – these really are for the sun beds.
The bar itself is a pleasant, with an antique feel to the furnishings and has not got a pool table, but something very similar but without any pockets (not sure myself what that game is), and the room next to it seems to be a traditional games room with a green felt card table and a chess/draughts table. One end of the bar has a window opening out to the pool side terrace so you don’t have to go inside to order drinks.
We found that of an evening there were very few people about at the bar to the point that it felt quite dead in their, but that may be to your taste and may change with the people staying on a different week, but I think bar prices might have had something to do with it as although not particularly overpriced for Sorrento area, with places like Tony’s bar where a 250ml mini bottle of red wine is 3 euros of Donna Rosso where ½ litre is 4 euros, most people are not going to pay 5 euro per glass to sit in the Hotel bar all evening. We used it on most nights just for a single night cap before going back to the room. So I think my advice to the Hotel would be to try to get the drinks prices down a tad to encourage more use of the bar.
One other general thing that would be nice is a courtesy bus into Sorrento. It only a mile to walk but other Hotels in the area do offer this service and the Thomson brochure still stated there was one when we booked even though the staff said they hadn’t had one for several years, which disappointed us as it was one (albeit not major) point in our choosing the hotel in the first place.
All in all I was very happy with the Hotel and enjoyed my time there. It’s beautifully furnished in the public areas, the rooms are clean and spacious, and the staff are great. The meals are not quite as good as I might have hoped, but certainly I was completely happy doing a two meals in, one meal out approach, so the hotel as a whole is certainly one I could recommend.
Getting about:
For buses from S. Angello into Sorrento there is a service that runs about every 20 minutes on a good day. It’s even timetabled, but the information on that timetable is worth about as much as a single old Italian Lira, so do not rely on the bus if you really must be anywhere at a certain time. We waited one night for an hour and a half before giving up and deciding we didn’t want to go into Sorrento that badly after all. However most times the bus did come within about 20 minutes of waiting and it takes about 15 minutes at most to journey in to the centre of Sorrento. To be honest, by the time you have walked from the Majestic Place up to the main road, waited for the bus, and then done the journey, you can generally always walk there in the same time if not quicker, but sometimes you just want to save your legs. So to get the bus you need first to purchase a ticket (1.20 euro at time of writing) from the shop next to the bus stop sign (opposite Tony’s bar) and when you get on the bus you need to insert the ticket into the machine near the driver to “stamp” it as used. This is the same for train tickets too – you can get them at the same shop and you need to stamp them in the machine before going on the platform to get on the train. Not sure how big the fine is if you forget to do this, but I wouldn’t suggest finding out.
Coming back from Sorrento there is a shop that sells tickets right next door to the info point on the corner of Via Correale and Corso Italia by Piazza Tasso and you can get on the bus at the stop on the opposite side of the road. The bus is the local Linea A in both directions, usually a small orange bus but occasionally a different colour. If in doubt just ask the driver of each bus that stops “Sant Agnello?” in a querying voice when the door opens. Keep an eye out for Tony’s bar again at the crossroads where it stops for getting back to the hotel.
Taxi’s we were told would cost about 15 euros each way. I can’t confirm this as we were too tight, so either walked or took the bus into Sorrento.
For trains turn left along the main road, dropping in at the shop again for the ticket, and keep going along the main road until it opens out on the left and you can see the Circumvesuviana station to the left set back from the main road. The Sant Agnello station of this line only has the one platform and trains go in both directions so if you are heading for Sorrento take a train going right to left as you stand on the platform, and if you are heading to Naples (e.g. for Pompeii or Herculaneum) wait for one that runs left to right.
This review together with more information on some bars and restaurants, and some trips and tours can be also found at:

13 Thank GreedyGreen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Stokesley, Cleveland, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed for 2 weeks from the 1st June. The hotel is in a quiet side street down from the busy main road that runs from Naples down to Sorrento. Therefore you have relatively easy access to both buses and trains. I would recommend the hotel as the staff really cannot do enough for you, we found all the staff to be more than helpful, as we did encounter a few problems at the beginning of our stay. But most of them were rectified. We booked through Thomson and be warned the standard rooms are in the basement, you go down 1 level and are shown into a room, albeit large and spacious, however there is no view, you look onto a cement wall that is covered by a type of vine leaf and have a small ground floor terrace that hosts 2 chairs and a small table. We found the bathroom to be quite musty and very dated, there was a fan, which did not seem to work, when we notified reception they advised they would look into it and when someone did come down, they advised it works by the wind, so is not electrical, hence the musty smell. We found the room to be dark, but that was rectified by them supplying an extra lamp to the dressing table. The Hairdryer was non existent, well it was on the wall but it was basically useless, I have shoulder length hair and normally pack my own hairdryer, but on the website I was advised the hotel provides hairdryers, so did not pack mine – girls be warned, take your own, as the hotel one is so weak it would take several hours to dry your hair. Again the hotel did come to the rescue and provided me with one that was not attached to the wall. So they saved my husband having to wait several hours and lots of moans saying I can’t get my hair dry.
We did ask to change rooms, but were advised that the hotel was full and we would have to wait until another room became available. The next day we were advised we could change, but if we wanted a higher floor/view we would have to pay a supplement, so we decided to stay in the room originally supplied as to us it was just a place to sleep and get ready, but a view other than a wall would have been nicer. Also in the Basement rooms you do get the noise from people in the lounge/bar area as well, at first I thought we were under someone else’s room, and they were wearing high heels stomping around and with it being a lounge area, the children run round and shout, so it kind of echoes down to the rooms below. That’s if there are people in the area though, it is not constant.
Food : There have been many comments about food in the reviews and ours were mixed. My hubby found the found to be fine, however I am a little bit of a fussy eater and some nights I did struggle. Your meals consist of Starter, Main and Sweet. There is a salad bar – albeit very limited, and we were not aware we could use this until our second week, we saw people using it and assumed they were on a different kind of board, it was only when we asked were we told we could use it. Starters were generally pastas, melon, cured hams cheese and soup. Mains tended to be some odd mixtures and very fishy 2 meat and 2 fish, so if you are a veggie, you may struggle, however we asked if we could have 2 starters sometimes as they were more palatable than the main and the maitre’d was quite accommodating. There Pastas were very good I have to say, however we did find the bread rolls a little dry each evening. Sweets – they were fine, however they would have been better if they had been served with either cream or ice cream as they were a little dry at times. All in all there were some good meals and some not so good, but I guess that is down to personal taste.
One thing we did find quiet annoying was the fact that into our second week the hotel was besieged by a coach load of German guests and they all came down enmasse to the dining room and what was going to be a nice quiet evening meal turned into a noisy roomful of guests and did take the pleasure out of our dining experience, that also with their being so many people in the room at once it became stiflingly hot and no windows or doors were opened, so we ended up leaving early before finishing our meals as it made it an unpleasant experience. Not the hotels fault really, but would have been nicer if they had staggered times with such a large group.
Breakfast was a standard affair, and consisted of a basic cooked breakfast, cereals, fruits, cakes, Danish pastries which were the same style for the entire 2 week stay, a change would have been nice, various coffees and fruit juices.
Again on both breakfast and dinner menus you could opt for the “a la carte” option, but had to pay extra for these, we did not opt to do this as it was 5/6 euros extra for a boiled egg!
Pool Area – was lovely quite relaxing and a good mix of shade and sun.
Bar Area – again a nice area – although when we stayed at times we were the only ones in the bar. Not many people gravitated to the area at all, so we ended up going up to Tony’s Bar or Jolly Blu in Sant Agnello where there were people to talk to.
Entertainment – well I personally felt the hotel could do more in this area. Seeing as the Thomson book did advise there was entertainment there was a distinct lack of entertainment and when they did put any music on, there was no notification of it, it was only when you arrived back to the hotel that you heard it, one night we arrived back and there was a lounge singer playing and we ordered a drink and sat to listen to him, he then got up and never came back! The only entertainment we were made aware of during our stay was the “Euro Football Matches” being screened in the lounge and the times, so maybe for future guests notifications could be put up to advise guests if there is music/entertainment on and what time it started and finished, and maybe then people would stay in the Bar area?
Location – The hotel is situated approx 1 ½ miles from Sorrento Main Square, the walk into town was interesting, having to dodge the traffic on some parts of the road there was no pavement, this takes about 25/30 mins depending on how fast you walk. However yet again when we booked with Thomson’s we were advised there would be a courtesy bus running, when we arrived we were informed that the Bus had not been running for several years! Go figure. To get a Taxi in you are looking at E15 each way. We opted for the buses occasionally on the top road, when they arrived, however one night we stood waiting for a bus for 1 ½ hours as we were going to a party and then gave up – they are supposed to run every 20 mins. Buses do seem quite erratic. The Circumvesuvia train seems to operate more frequently about every half hour and costs a couple of Euros, but the train station is about 5/10 mins walk away depending on how fast you walk and train journey is about 2/3 mins if that.
Summery - We enjoyed our stay at the hotel, even though there were a few niggles to start, however the staff do work hard and are pleasant. On some sites it does advise the Hotel has a Beauty Salon, but this was not operational during our stay and there was no roof top bar either and it is definitely not exclusive to Thomsons as they state in there book, as Thomas Cook and Archers Direct both use this accomodation too

Room Tip: Pay extra and go for a room with a view rather than the standard room and take your own hairdryer
7 Thank Shello
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

Having just returned from a holiday at your hotel, I would like to Thank you all at your hotel for
helping us to have a wonderful time. Room was large and very nice. Food was beautiful. The
pool area very pleasant and the staff very friendly. We enjoyed our walk every day into the centre
of town and the hotel was situated in a lovely area. We will be back in the future.
The one thing that would have improved it would have been tea/coffee facilities in the rooms.
Thankyou. Karen and Andy Rix Room 12.

4 Thank andyrix8
, Guest Relations Manager at Majestic Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
Dear Karen & Andy,

Thank you very much for your lovely review, we are so happy to read that you had wonderful time here at Majestic Palace. We are very glad to know that you appreciated our position, your large room N. 12 on garden floor, our friendly and helpful Staff, pool area... !
We really hope to welcome you back soon.

Grazie mille!
Dublin 15
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

We booked in March to spend a week here in June. I. Approx 2 weeks later after reading some reviews on Trip advisor we emailed them and TOLD THEM THE WEBSITE WE USED AND QUOTED OUR REFERENCE NUMBER requesting a quiet room.They emailed back and assured us we would have a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the gardens.We were taken aback when we arrived and this was not the case. However the person on the desk was sorting it out when an older Manager intervened and told us we would have to pay extra despite our trying to point out to him that we had already been told we would get a room overlooking the gardens.He seemed to be enjoying our confusion and annoyance.Lucky for us the Lady owner arrived on the scene and sorted the problem although she did not have the full story and tried to tell us it was merely a request, Our point being the request had been granted when we got the reply.When we returned home we checked the email communication we had with the hotel and realised we had made it quite clear WHERE we booked and our reference number in the email we sent (2 WEEKS AFTER BOOKING) We are not complaining about which room we got as we got it sorted whilst we were there. However we feel it was badly handled and have since been in contant with Guiseppe who has apoliged and told us it should never have happened and it was a "misunderstanding between him and the other Manager",However we would have prefered any one of them to have acknowledged their mistake during the week we were there and not put us under a compliment. Because of this unpleasantness we did not use the restaurant in the evening deciding to spend our money where it might be appreciated. We found the breakfast quite good and the location was perfect for us and we enjoyed our stay despite all the unpleasantness we encountered on arrival.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking gardens are in best position. So peaceful and quiet. Bring your own hairdrier as o...
4 Thank Dercov
, Guest Relations Manager at Majestic Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Dear Dercov,

Thank you very much for choosing Majestic Palace Hotel and for sharing your review on tripadvisor.
I'm writing firstly to apologize again for what happened on your arrival. As already wrote in private e-mail, there was a misunderstanding between me and the head reception owing to you made 2 reservations with us. The first reservation was made through booking.com and you booked a relax room with balcony, than you cancelled that reservation and booked with another travel agency the economy room on ground floor (and requested in the e-mail a balcony and garden view...) with patio. In our system there was still the first reservation that's why i confirmed you the balcony and the garden view... it was just for clarify once again.
We really apologize again and we hope to welcome you back here at Majestic Palace for your next visit in Sorrento.

Grazie

Scotland UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

My husband and I stayed for a week recently. Nice hotel but the rooms are a bit dated especially the bathrooms.. Bit of advice to the ladies - take your hairdryer the one provided is not up to much. The evening meal was lovely with different choices everynight. The breakfasts were ok if you like fruit and pastries. Good situated location only a short walk to the main street and about a 15min walk to Sorrento. Sorrento was very busy so we were glad we had the peace and quiet at the Majestic. Sorrento must be heaving July & August so to stay 15mins away is a good idea. Would recommend the hotel if you are a couple nothing really for children. We had a nice view from our 2nd floor balcony looking onto the orange and lemon trees. We paid extra for that room but it was worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quiet.
6 Thank ScotlandUKJanice
Dear Mrs Janice,

Thank you very much for choosing Majestic Palace Hotel for your stay in Sorrento.
We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you apprecitaed our location.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Grazie

Hampshire UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

Did not find the staff a friendly as other people seem to have done. Yes they were polite but nothing more than you expect & after 10 nights they were still asking which room we were in - and there were probably only about 20 rooms occupied. Eye contact as you return to the hotel after a day out? - None! They seem to have other computer related things to do than say "Hello".

Yes they gave us a nice cake for our anniversary but we could not get a drink of anything at dinner (not even water) without paying for it!

Breakfast - probably the worst I have ever had in a hotel! The only thing hot was scrambled egg, greasy bacon, yesterday's (probably) beans and small sausages. That did not change for the entire 11 nights. If you wanted any other type of egg (boiled, fried, etc.) then you pay extra.
Choice of first course - muesli (with milk if you were down in time) or yoghurt! It was not much better then the breakfast I grab before going out to work in the morning!

We arrived and (as requested when booking) were given a room on the 4th floor but before we had reached the lift that was changed and we were given a room on the first floor with a view that was blocked by the garden hedge. The change seems to have been prompted by the arrival of another guest 2 minutes after us.

Drinks at the bar - one wine and one whiskey = €14!

I mentioned our anniversary - when we returned after being out for the day we found a nice bottle of liqueur and 2 glasses on the dresser, very nice. When we checked out a few days later they had added it to the bill!

Location - OK but not brilliant - 10 minutes to the station or bus stop, or 35 minutes walk into Sorrento along a road that sometimes has and sometimes does not have suitable pavements. Not a relaxing walk as you have to keep both eyes open for cars and motor cycles/scooters.

No beach nearby though you can go down to the sea 10 minutes away and walk down the steep climb (or take a lift for €0.60) and then pay about €20 to get onto the sunbathing platform and hire a deck chair.

Room Tip: Do not accept 1st floor and keep away from the kitchen which has the air con fans going all night to...
4 Thank TonyHampshire
PeppeMajestic, Guest Relations Manager at Majestic Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear TonyHampshire,

Thank you very much for choosing the Majestic Palace and for sharing your experience on tripadvisor.
We are very sorry to read your review and you haven’t appreciated our hotel. We would like to reply to your review in some points:

Staff: Honestly read that you didn’t find our Staff friendly and helpful as other people seem to have done, leaves us perplexed… but we accept your criticism. I would like to reply that our Staff is the real engine of the Majestic Palace Hotel and give us satisfaction from years as evidenced in all the reviews.

Breakfast: We actually provide a good variety of food at breakfast: croissants, brioches, hand made cakes, buffet of cereals, fruit juices, marmelade, jam, teas, coffee, milk, ham, cheese, fresh tomatoes, fresh fruits, preserved, yogurts, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, beans. In addition we have also a menu with extra choice dishes for example many types of omelette. We are very sorry if you didn’t enjoyed our breakfast.

Room: In the contract with the travel agency that booked your room here at Majestic, we have 3 room types. Basic room on ground floor with patio, standard room with balcony (allocated on 1st or 2nd floor) and room with balcony and panoramic view (on 3rd and 4th floor). Your reservation was for a standard room with balcony and we have given that kind of room. You booked a standard room and requested a room on 4th floor with panoramic view!!?? The 2 things are not compatible… By the way, I do not understand why you complain about the room just now, it makes no sense to complain about the room only now at home. You could easily came at reception desk and say that the room was near the kitchen which has the air con fans going all night to… etc etc etc and our helpful Staff at reception desk would have done everything was possible to accommodate you in another room, different side or floor far from the kitchen or in a room with balcony and panoramic view (with a little supplement for the upgrade).

Drinks at the bar: As advertised on all menu, on all tables in our bar, we have different types of whisky with different price (depend on the aging).

Anniversary: We have in contract (with the travel agency) for anniversary a free bouquet of flowers and a free bottle of wine (for you also a cake). Probably there was a misunderstanding between the travel agency about who had to pay for a different price of the bottle of liqueur (ordered by travel agency). We really apologize for the inconvenience.

Location: I don’t know if we’re talking about the same beach, but the “Marinella” beach is at only 300 meters far from the hotel, exaggerating a 5 minutes walk. Our Hotel is situated in a quiet position, considered excellent by many people. We are not in Sorrento centre but at 1,5 km far from Piazza Tasso the main sq. in Sorrento. Our quiet position is ideal for people want to stay out of the crowd and traffic, surrounded by our garden (8500mq.) with orange and lemon groves.
The Hotel is connected to Sorrento centre by public bus (stop just 200 meters far from hotel), by train ( the station is just 400 meters far from hotel and you can use the same ticket for the bus and for the train), by walk (20minutes), by taxi.

Best regards

Sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

We chose this hotel because it was in a quiet street, close to the Circumvesuviana station, and had good reviews on Trip Advisor. As many people have said, the hotel staff were great - friendly and helpful. The swimming pool is lovely, very comfortable seats and loungers. The food was OK, helpings (particularly the starters) were too large for us. The beds were the worst aspect, far too hard and we both slept badly (particularly as a rubbish cart came down the street at 4.30 am making a terrific noise). But the goods definitely outweighed the bads. We spent a day at Pompeii, one at Herculaneum and one in Naples and the Circumvesuviana made these trips a piece of cake. We also took the coast road to Amalfi, stopping off at Positano, using the regular bus, and another day was spent on Capri. In Naples, we did a tour of Naples Subterraneo (there are several of these, we did the one at Piazza San Gaetano) and visited the Archeological Museum - both well worth while. The hotel was well positioned for all these visits and it was lovely to return to our large room with balcony overlooking the Bay of Naples (even if a rather distant bay!).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank sheenaSussex
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant'Agnello
Hotel Caravel Sorrento
Grand Hotel Aminta
Grand Hotel Aminta
#24 of 100 in Sorrento
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,854 reviews

Been to Majestic Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!