Loved this hotel, the staff were great. I was a bit unsure on arrival, the bathrooms could do with an upgrade, but after a few hours the magic of the hotel came to the forth. It just feels so quirky, comfortable & welcoming. The reception rooms are full of paintings & antiques, lots of sofa's to relax on which flows into the bar area. The outside bar area had tables for a spot of lunch or sofa's & chairs for a relaxing drink overlooking the pool. The pool was of an adequate size for the hotel & we (party of 5) always managed to find either sunbeds or deckchairs no matter what time of day we returned. Breakfast was buffet style with a selection of hot & cold foods. The Dinner menu offered salad bar & a choice of 4 starters & 4 mains courses plus a buffet selection for the sweets.The food was good, the staff very attentive & a good wine list was available. Long trousers were preferred for dining in the evening for the men. The hotel has 5 floors with a roof terrace offering fabulous panoramic views overlooking the Bay of Naples with Mt. Vesuvius & the Island of Capri in view. A short walk (300 yards or so) down to the coast brings you to the top of a cliff approx 150 feet high with stunning view's over the bay. There is a bar situated here which we frequented for cocktails & Amaretto's in the late evening (the Mojito's were superb), Lots of locals congregate there to chill & take in the views. There is only a tiny public beach area, but platforms have been built out into the sea with lots of sunbeds & Umbrella's with easy access into the sea via steps, so no sand to get everywhere. These are privately owned & therefore a charge of 10 Euro's per bed & 4 Euro's for an Umbrella (visa accepted), Access down to the sea is either via a steep path cut into the cliff, or via a lift for 30 cents each way. Sant'Agnello is 20-25 mins walk from Sorrento, so we opted for the train, 1.20 euro's each way & 2 mins journey time, ticket office closed on Sundays, but tickets can be bought in a tobacconist 100 yards away. We loved this place & will definitely return to this hotel; wish I was there now!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples