The Majestic Palace is a medium size hotel which needs a lot of TLC and by and large gets it..
The single most outstanding aspect I found about the hotel were the staff, all of which had a very deep "customer service ethic". They really did go that extra step beyond what they had to make sure your stay was perfect.
We had a couple of relatively minor problens during our stay but each time it was responded to immediately, actions stated what they were going to do about it and carried out promptly exactly as promised, One problem resulted in an immediate room upgrade, the other item was dealt with immediately and followed up subsequently to make sure everything was fine after it had been resolved.
Regards the hotel, when we were there all the guests were dominated by tour groups.
We booked a room through Thomson in one of the basic rooms in the basement. As said before we were upgraded, but both of us thought the basement room was better. Downstairs, the room seemed larger and you had your own quiet, private courtyard looking out onto the garden at the back of the hotel.
The only real difference on the upgraded room was you had a balcony which was very open and not at all private like downstairs.
By modern standards the room was spacious. There was a "proper" bath, lots of electrical points, free wifi that worked and a free safe box in the room which was big enough to hold a notebook computer.
The food was good quality and the restaurant staff like the rest of the hotel were very professional . Never standing over you but always there when they were needed and very helpful and genuinely caring
Only downsides I can think off about the hotel was the fridge in the room was filled with hardly any room for your own drinks and the price of wine in the restaurant was OTT compared with similar hotels in Italy we had stayed in in the week before.
The bill at the end on leaving is a very long bill with every days local tax and every drink itemised in one long list. It would be very easy to take one glance at it and pay it, especially if there are other people waiting to check out behind you. We did check the list and found 2 items added we did not consume, though these were deducted as soon as we pointed them out without any quarrel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples