Spent a week half board here.
Transfer from Naples Airport was fairly painless. Non-package travellers could take a coach to Sorrento from Rome airport or Naples and then get local transfer.
Sorrento marinas and station are 20 mins walk or so, the red sightseeing bus passes the end of the road, Sant Agnello station is 5-10 mins walk and buses to Amalfi/Positano go from the top of the road (though later buses may already be full from Sorrento)
The hotel itself is set back from a 1-way street leading down to the seafront. The vespas can be a bit noisy and we got transferred to the back of the hotel overlooking the hotel's citrus orchard and herb garden. Higher up rooms and the roof terrace have a view of the sea and Vesuvius.
As another reviewer rightly put, the decor and atmosphere of the hotel has a classical tone rather than being straight out of an Ikea catelogue. The rooms had high ceilings and plenty of space, were clean and had balconies and shutters to keep the rooms dark and cool. The air-con was quiet and effective, only local TV via a sky box but in a place like this who's looking to sit and watch telly! A mini-bar is also in the room with fair priced drinks if you don't want to walk down to the bar.
The communal areas, pool and restaurant are great if you're not planning to go out and about. The prices for drinks and bar meals were only a few cents more than the bars on the seafront and on the square at the top of the road.
Food on the fixed menu changes daily has a good choice and is of good quality. Wine was well priced and local specialities were offered.
The quality of customer service at the Majestic Palace was however the quality to write home about. Their approach throughout was helpful, relaxed and friendly and was a real credit to their hotel.
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, wish we'd booked for longer, would definitely return and would reccommend without question.
One tip though, the trees and shrubs around mean there are bugs about, take a plug in repellant or citronella candle if you're likely to get bitten.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples